“This place is nasty and dirty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

You added Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 Horizon Lake Drive, Memphis, TN 38133 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #115 of 135 Hotels in Memphis
Prammage35@gmail.com
“This place is nasty and dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I will never stay here again. The price was good but this is because they do not clean. This places is old they need an upgrade bad. I have been here for six days no one has cleaned my room in fact they said you have to pay for it. That is nasty. huge spider webs, dirty shower, no toilet paper, dirty sheets, old TV, leaking ceilings, dirty carpet as you walk down the hall and in your room. I will pay to stay somewhere clean next time I come to Memphis. This places need to be torn down I'm serious.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

When I stayed here last year, it was at least half way decent. Courtesy Staff, as a matter of fact, her name was I think Rose. The room was pretty clean so I kept in mind when planning my next stay in Memphis. This time, it was HORRIFIC!!! The room, the bathroom and even the kitchen was pure nasty. The towels had hair in them and they were dingy looking like they weren't even washed. The dishes in the dishwasher were filthy with caked on food. The carpets had stains and were dirty. They ruined a perfectly good pair of socks. Why doesn't the manager check these rooms out on a regular basis? The maid service is very, very, very POOR!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Worst hotel experience I have ever had. Filthy carpet, furniture and bathroom. Every corner of this room was covered in stains of Lord only knows what. There were so many stains on the bedding and couch my husband had to go buy sheets at Wal-mart for us to sleep and sit on. Air conditioner was broken. Bedroom lights were broken. Air unit was covered in filth, grime and mold and was missing pieces. The tub had a large, yellow/brown sludge in it--so dirty we refused to shower. Our non-smoking room had apparently been smoked in by every previous tenant...ashes everywhere and an overwhelming smoke odor that burned our eyes and caused coughing. The common areas were just as filthy as the room. I had my two year old with me, and would not let him touch anything or sit anywhere unless it was covered by the bedding we purchased. We would have checked out the minute we saw the room if it wasn't midnight. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thompson's Station, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Had to make a quick trip to Memphis and needed a place for one night, with pets welcome. At about $69 per night, you get what you pay for, but nothing "deluxe" about this place. Carpet not well vacuumed, mold stains on bath ceiling, large ceiling stain over bed (what was THAT???), hallways very dirty, no bath towels in room, molding pulled from wall showing large hole, no Kleenex in room, hairs on bathroom floor.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I found a really great rate for a Thursday night. I thought, hey! How bad can it be? Hmmm. Looks/smells as though a college fraternity or out-of-control rock band partied hard in this room. Stains all over the hallway, missing chunks of wall, dresser drawers broken off, warped sofa bed, refrigerator containing last guest's trash, We would have asked to switch rooms, but we barely had enough time to sleep a full night after 12 hours in the car and two hours visiting an old friend in town. Plus, what we saw in the hallways indicated we wouldn't fare much better in another room. STEER CLEAR of this hotel. Seriously. I would have paid double for a different room at a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
little rock arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

We had reservations in Nashville but due to a blinding rainstorm, we made our way to this hotel for the night. It seemed nice enough from the exterior and the clerk was courteous. We were grateful they had a room and at sixty something dollars, it seemed okay. They had no luggage cart so we made several trips from car to room. In the corridor was this big furry blob. Relieved that it was not a rat, we found it to be a pile of hair extension. There were arguments coming from the neighbor's door in languages I've never heard. We got into our room and found it, like some others on this site, pretty nasty. Dirty, stained carpet and similar condition for the furniture. There was moldy caulking in the bathroom. It was the kind of place which makes you wonder if an owner lives in a place which is this bad, if he just doesn't want to make any improvement, or if he is just clueless. The worst part was that we had to get up at 4 a.m. to make it to our reserved tour at Mammoth Cave.... and the front desk did not honor our request for a wake-up call and the alarm clock did not work either. This place was disgusting.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Camden, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I stayed for 5 days & 4 nights. The room was clean, spacious and modern. The staff was friendly and courteous. My family and I came to Memphis for the International BBQ Festival and had a ball. I have no regrets and have determined that I will only stay at Extended Stay Hotels from this point on weather for leisure or business. The pool was not open for our stay and I never asked why, but that would be my only small dislike just wanted my 3 grandsons to enjoy the pool they were kind of looking forward to it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
Gardentree Hotels
#50 of 135 in Memphis
3.5 of 5 stars 82 reviews
Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD
Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!