“Great location, few drawbacks” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Night on the Town Package
Ranked #2 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Great location, few drawbacks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I greatly enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites at Beale Street in Memphis. My only criticism would be with the breakfast. The cream cheese should be refrigerated (as said on package) or kept on ice, but it was left out in a bowl and warm. The fruit also tasted a little off, and the hot water for tea had cooled dramatically. However, there was a nice variety of food including scrambled eggs, waffles, danishes, and biscuits with gravy. I was overall very pleased with my stay and the attentiveness and welcoming nature of the staff. I also appreciate the security of the hotel and the kind offer of earplugs for the guests. (It is next to Beale Street after all; don't expect it to be quiet.) It is on the expensive side, and parking is extra, but the location can't be beat. We just left the car at the hotel and walked everywhere (there wasn't very many places downtown to park anyway). It made staying downtown Memphis a joy, and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Fort Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our group of 7 were in 3 rooms. 3 were regular rooms and one was a king suite with a sofabed. The beds are all double beds and with us being women sharing rooms we each wanted our own bed as double beds are not that large. Too bad they didn't put in queen size beds. The king bed was plenty large to share though. The sofabed as always, was not that comfortable but OK for 1 person. Our suite did have a large fridge, a sink, microwave and some dishes. Great for a few days of storing food. The others requested a fridge and got a good sized bar fridge with a microwave also. I had reserved the rooms a few weeks ago and requested adjoining rooms. We didn't get that. In fact we weren't even on the same floor. We were not impressed with that but were told they couldn't do anything.

The breakfast buffet that was free was fantastic. Always an egg dish and sometimes sausages, or omlettes or sausage gravy. There were hot waffles to make your self. I LOVE that! They had yogurt, fruit salad, oatmeal, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins. All was great!

The hotel is around the corner from Beale Street. Far enough that we found it wasn't too too noisy at night but close enough that we could easily walk there and go back to the hotel for a break.

It does cost to park at the hotel but all the downtown ones that I looked at had a fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room if you want to try and make sure you don't hear as much street noise. The...
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

All of the hotel staff were polite and helpful. The room (king with balcony) was nice with most normal ammenities one would expect. The room was spacious, and the park across the street had live music most of the time. If you're looking for proximaty to Beale St., this is it. For $200+ a night I expected a bit more.

The fridge not only was not on/cold, it wasnt even plugged in. Unfortunately, I didn't discover it wasnt cold until I brought my leftover ribs from dinner back, so I turned it on. Unfortunately, I didnt discover it wan't even plugged in until the next morning when I retrieved the ribs to check out and they spent the night in a warm fridge Hampton was saving electricity on, one of the ammenities I took for granted.

Entrance to the parking garage is hard to find the first go 'round. The hotel charges $17 per day, but the garage is privately owned and 24 hours is $14 if you pay them direct, what? Yes, it will cost you $3 more per day if you pay the hotel for your parking. I saved the $3, but lost my ribs.

I would stay there again because of the proximaty to Beale St., but know how to navigate it a bit better now and what to expect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have visited here many times since my son moved here 6 years ago. I recently stayed at another famous downtown location because the Hampton was full. There is no comparison: easier parking, quieter, newer much bigger suites. I recommend staying here, then walking to see the ducks if you must.

• Stayed November 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at Hampton downtown Beale for my birthday recently and just wanted to say that it was a very good experience. The hotel was clean, the beds were very comfy and everyone was very friendly. The walk to the places we went on Beale were very close (BB Kings, ALfreds) and it was a pleasant walk. I would come back and stay at the Hampton next time and make it a tradition. :)

Horn Lake, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My girl friends and I booked a room for the weekend to celebrate a birthday. We had a great time. The hotel was close to everything we wanted to see. The beds were really comfortable and the room was very clean. Thanks Hampton Inn for the wonderful experience. Looking forward to coming back.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located less than a 5-minute walk from Beale Street. Our room was clean, but it had a very strong, unpleasant, Lysol odor. The hotel common areas were mostly clean, but they must not clean the elevators in the parking garage--the same trash we saw on arrival (smashed Jell-O shot cup) was there when we checked out 2 days later. The breakfast is typical hot hotel breakfast--waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, yogurt, fruit, pastries, juice, coffee, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
nbaker000, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and found our location to be a good one. However, we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean common areas and over-powering smells are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our hotel meets the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street? Share your experiences!