“Really good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Elegant Farmer

The Elegant Farmer
262 S Highland, Memphis, TN (Formerly The Elegant Famer)
901-324-2221 Call us to make your reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Memphis, Tennessee
“Really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here twice. Today, we went there for lunch. No reservations accepted, but we called ahead and had no problem getting seated right away. The restaurant is in an old home. When its cold out, they hang some blankets across the entrance to keep the cold air out. Seems like they could do something a little more classy than that. The dining area is open and there is not a whole lot of seating. We were seated on the back wall by the window. While it might make a nice view in the summer, it was a cold place to sit in the winter. I almost put my coat on. OK...that's the bad stuff. Then there's the food. My wife got the pot roast, which they only serve for lunch. I ordered the sloppy joe, mostly out of curiosity...had never ordered a sloppy joe at a restaurant before. We also tried the sweet potato soup and the mac and cheese. My wife lived the pot roast. There was plenty to eat and she could not finish it all. I really enjoyed the sloppy joe. You could tell that it was made from excellent ingredients and it tasted really good, not like the stuff from the can. The mac and cheese was awesome. Service was great. The lunch cost about $20 per person. Not cheap, but you have to pay for quality. I would recommend going here for lunch or dinner, just don't sit near the window if its cold out.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Memphis, Tennessee
“This Place has Gone To The Dogs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This time my Mother ordered a Salmon Patty Sandwich.....Mom took one bite and it had no taste at all. ( no flavor at all ) She told the owner.. His name is Mac Edwards. He actually told my Mother she didn't even take a bite out of the sandwich and told her this more than once. He was accusing my 83 year old Mother of lying without actually using the words. He was a very rude man. Mom's friend had the same sandwich and it was also so tasteless, she left the salmon patty and just mostly ate the bread. This is not the first bad experience in this place. One time mom and 3 other women paid the check and within 30 seconds of paying the check they were asked to leave because they needed the table space for more guest. Now, I never saw a sign in a restaurant saying you have to leave the minute you pay the check. This is a awful place with very bad customer service, bad food and a rude owner.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Montenegro, RS - Brasil
“Worth the stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Very nice service, excelent well prepared and tastefull dishes. I recommed to make reservations, unless you don't mind waiting

Memphis
“Good Food and Relaxed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I loved the pot roast dinner, added the mac and cheese and greens and they were really good (from a true Southerner, that a compliment). Others in my group ordered the Mississippi Catfish, Roast Pork, Elegant Salad with Chicken, and the Sweet Potato Soup. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Menu is pretty consistent, I haven't seen a lot of seasonal changes in my couple of visits.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Fresh and unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Elegant Farmer is a lovely restaurant - small, cozy, friendly staff, and relaxed atmosphere. The food here is great - fresh flavors, creative uses of novel ingredients, and the portion sizes are not over-the-top (as is typical in Memphis).

• Visited November 2013