“Older But Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)

You added Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #47 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Tulsa
“Older But Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The facility is a bit older than most but on my visit it was well maintained and clean. The staff were very helpful and unfailingly polite. One of the best features was location. It's two blocks from Beale, 1/2 block from the Rendezvous, and close to many good eateries. It was also one of the most reasonably priced for the area. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our wonderful downtown location and see some of the sites and enjoy some great southern food. Please come stay with us again anytime. Contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you with future reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
La Vergne, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This Holiday Inn is on the older side and could use a face lift in the hallways and parking garage elevator. I was on the 4th floor and the hallway needed an update, but my room was fine. A word of warning, if you find ear plugs in your room they are there for a reason. My room was next to the ice machine for the floor and I knew every time it started up. Also they only have one elevator that services the parking garage and it has a mind of its own.
The Breakfast was included for me (I'm PC Platinum) and very good. They also hosted a managers reception for PC members during my stay. As mentioned by other reviewers the staff is friendly and always willing to help. the location is also good near Beale St on Union Ave in the heart of downtown Memphis.

Room Tip: If you find ear plugs in your room use them!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration for future guests. I am happy that you enjoyed your breakfast, and I must thank you again for being a Priority Club Member. You obviously travel often, and we appreciate you staying with our family of hotels.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with my son on a road trip through the South. Hotel is ideally located a block away from Beale Street. So you can have a drink, enjoy the blues music and walk back to your room at the end of the night. Hotel is old and a bit dated but rooms are good and beds comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Memphis. It sounds like you and your son enjoyed our hotel location and accommodations which makes us very happy. Please contact me directly for any future reservations. We hope you come back to the South soon! Thank you for your comments!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in Memphis as it is just around the corner from Beale Street. The hotel is very dated and really needs an upgrade. However the staff are lovely - we ordered room service and it was prompt and a bargain price. Unfortunately on our second night we were prevented from sleeping because there was a wedding happening on the floor above. We stayed on the 14th floor and it was a Saturday night. The music was so loud that it was vibrating the ceiling and the cupboard was squeaking - we actually thought there was some serious couple action going on next door! But on further investigation it was the bass reverberating through the structure of the building from the music being played above. I complained to the reception, but was brushed off so then I complained to the Manager, who was apologetic and we did have some money knocked off our bill when we checked out. Location wise it is good but avoid the 14th floor at all costs unless you can sleep through anything!

Room Tip: Avoid the top floors!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your Memphis visit. We appreciate your comments. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of the room service and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. Thank you for speaking with our manager. It sounds like they were able to assist you. We hope you come back and stay with us again.
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here for two nights as part of a tour. The hotel is ideally situated for a visit to downtown Memphis with easy access to all the nearby tourist attractions. The local trolley system is a cheap and easy way to get about with stops only a couple of blocks from the hotel. If you don’t fancy walking all the way, it can take you close to all of the museums, Mud Island terminus and other tourist sites. Beal Street with it’s nightlife of vibrant bars and restaurants is only a short walk away in the evening if you want to eat a meal and listen to some great music. Alternatively, there’s some other great eating places on Front Street. You even have the renowned Peabody Hotel just across the road where you can see the famous ducks each day. The Holiday Inn Select is very comfortable and offers a good value option compared to its more up market neighbour. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful and pleasant to us during our stay and, from overhearing other conversations, this seemed to apply to many other guests as well. The only drawback is that the whole place needs to be brightened up a bit with a coat or two of paint. The rooms and corridors are decorated in rather drab shades of brown which seem to hark back to a bygone era. That said, we would thoroughly recommend this hotel as a good base for your stay in Memphis, whether you’re on vacation or on business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recommending our Holiday Inn Select to future Memphis travelers. We appreciate your review, and we are happy that you enjoyed our hotel location, staff, and accommodations. We would love to have you visit us again!
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had to come to town for a seminar, so I brought the family with me. We live fairly close, so we went back and forth on whether to stay the night. I am so glad we did. Love the room! I was a little concerned about being "street side" initially, but earphones were provided. However, neither my husband or I had to use them. As I have kids, a refrigerator/microwave would have been nice, but it was only a 1 night stay. The mattresses were the best hotel mattresses I can remember. And the bed linens were great! (I am a sheet snob - I hate a rough sheet, or sheets that don't fit the bed!). Also - Love the shower! The massaging shower head was great. I just wish the shower curtain had stayed closed better, because I got the floor really wet. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for deciding to stay with us while you attended your seminar. I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed our hotel and accommodations. Please contact me directly for future reservations! Hope to see you and your family soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel seemed a little old and needed some updating. I requested a room on the back side of the hotel when making my reservation due to reading the reviews on here about how loud the side facing the Peabody can be very loud. When I got to my room, I found that they didn't honor my request at all. I was too tired to go back downstairs to figure something else out.

Location is very nice. It is only 2 blocks from Beale Street. Make sure you get some good Memphis ribs at Rendezvous. It's located on a little alley on the other side of the parking garage.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us. I'm happy that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and you found it convenient to the local attractions. I apologize that we were not able to honor your request for a room on the backside of the hotel. We do try to accommodate requests when we are able to do so. Please contact me again directly for any future reservations, and I will be happy to assist you. Thank you again for your review of our hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)? Share your experiences!