“Haunted Memphis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Backbeat Tours

Backbeat Tours
140 Beale Street, Memphis, TN 38103 (Downtown)
901-272-2328
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$15*
and up
Ranked #1 of 42 Activities in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Backbeat Tours offers a variety of different ways to see and experience the best of Memphis, including sightseeing bus tours and walking tours such as the popular Memphis Ghost Tour in the evenings and the Memphis History Tour in the daytime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Haunted Memphis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a great tour even if you don't believe in ghosts. Our tour guide Michael was awesome! I recommend this to anyone who has an interest in learning more about Memphis and it's colorful history. I came here for business and was disappointed that most of the museums and other attractions are only open during the day when I would be in a conference, including other Backbeat tours. In fact, we started with a negative experience with Backbeat, we had hoped to go on the discovery tour on the Sunday of our arrival but were unable to book because the driver took the day off. While I'm still disappointed my great experience with the haunted Memphis your turned this around for me.

Palm Harbor, Florida
“Best Ghost Tour of any city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I have gone on ghost tours in almost every city I visit, from Savannah to St. Augustine and the Memphis Walking Ghost Tour was the best one I have been on! I wish I could remember my tour guide's name because he definitely knew his stuff and made the tour great! So if the owners are reading this, I was on the tour October 21, 2013, and I had the best time!

The weather that night was nice, a bit chilly for my Florida blood but bearable and the walk was not bad at all. The stops and stories along the way were giving me goosebumps, especially when odd things were happening. The wind would always pick up when we would stop to listen, a black cat appeared from an alley as the tour guide was mentioning a cat, and a faint whistle came from the empty lot behind us when he was telling us about things that happened nearby. These things really set the ambiance of the night! Earnestine and Hazel's was by far the best spot. It was a cool place with a ton of history and I would love to go back, just not while travelling alone!

My pictures turned out great but no orbs or apparitions. One tour goer did take pictures that would all turn out red. This is a must when in Memphis! I am here for business and I will be pushing for all my co-workers to go!

Dallas, Texas, USA
10 attraction reviews
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a great tour complete with a musician, Eric, who brought Memphis to life. Don't miss this tour!!

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Great Ghost Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We loved our ghost tour with Erica. Our group was all native Memphians, but we still learned a lot and now have a totally new appreciation for the history of downtown Memphis.

4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time on this tour. The whole family had fun. We took our children on this tour and they enjoyed the music too. So interesting to learn about the history of Memphis! Highly recommend this tour!!!