“Great if You're Passing Through on Hwy 40” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2839 New Brunswick Rd, Memphis, TN 38133 (Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Tucson, Arizona
“Great if You're Passing Through on Hwy 40”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located just off of the interstate highway, but unlike so many similarly situated hotels, it was very quiet with no traffic noise. Although it is located within Memphis city limits, it is not near the downtown area. If you're looking to be "in Memphis", you may want to consider alternatives. But, it's a terrific location if you want something close to the interstate.

Our room was perfectly clean and comfortable and the property itself appeared to be only a few years old. The WiFi was free with a strong and reliable signal. The complimentary breakfast buffet included eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, fruit and more. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stay here often, and it is always dependable. The location is malls-ville, but that's okay, as some Memphis neighborhoods are iffy. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms have comfy beds (really a major reason for our choice). After our last long stay, La Quinta member points made our next stay (at another La Q) free! We just wish they wouldn't have Fox News on in the breakfast room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Florence, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I am sorry, no offense to anyone here on TripAdvisor, but this hotel is not even close to being the #4 hotel in Memphis. The Peabody is #10 and the Westin Beale Street is #38? I am starting to understand that there is a campaign by the hotel management or even the Bartlett community to get people to review their hotel positively and move it up the list to raise revenues. The terms and conditions that I agree to at the bottom of this page I take seriously. I only review on hotels I have actually stayed at and I only give my honest opinion. I am not thta is the case with all of the folks that have reviewed this hotel.

I have stayed in several Memphis area hotels and this one is not even close to the others. For beginners, the photographer for the property should win an award. The lobby in the pictures looked lit up, bright and big. In person, the lobby and eating area are dark grim and depressing. And I am being nice.

The breakfast was absolutely offensive. My family of 4 and my parents were in town for a wedding and we ended up going down the street for breakfast after trying a few bites of the egg (powdered egg that were runny and tasteless), awful pastries, and stale bagels. The only thing that was any good were the fruit loops.

The room was obviously remodeled which was a definite improvement, but it was like putting lipstick on a pig. The beds were uncomfortable, the sheets had the texture of convenience store paper towel, and the pillows were like the disposable pillows at a hospital. I had to double up my pillow just to keep from breaking my neck and I still woke up with a crick in my neck. AS you can see in the pictures I posted the business chair has stuffing coming out of it and there was a plastic (very sharp) piece sticking out of the side. The other chair had food on it and looked like it had not been cleaned.

Not important to some, but my wife and daughters didn't bring their own shampoo and conditioner because most hotel supply both. Well, my wife was not happy that they supplied a shampoo and condition combination, all in one. She wasn't happy with this. (didn't matter to me, but an issue with her).

I will say, the pool is nice. My two young children liked the pool and I liked the hot tub UNTIL 20 pre-teen girls came in and were screaming and shrieking and causing the pool to become a wave pool...we had to leave. (Not the hotels fault I don't guess)

The fact that three hotels within 200 yards are all in the top 10 hotels in Memphis I can't see as a coincidence. Especially when they are all middle to lower tier hotel chains.

I am very particular about my hotels because I travel a lot, so I want to be informed and aware of what I am signing up for when I make a reservation. This is the first time that I have felt betrayed by my TripAdvisor community.

I guess if you need a pet friendly hotel this might be an ok place. If you are more concerned with restaurant proximity or closeness to a mall than the actual hotel, this hotel might suffice. But if room cleanliness, comfort and ambiance matter to you at all, don't stay here.

This place took me back to the 80's and 90's run of budget hotels. I would spend a little bit more money and stay somewhere better...much better.

By the way, the Westin is amazing. Maybe there is a manager there that has some issues, but good grief, to say La Quinta is better than the Westin or the Peabody is a crime.

Room Tip: Make sure and don't stay on a pet friendly floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Temecula, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located off Hwy 40. Parking(complimentary) is ample and located across street from several restaurants. The hotel looks new and is very well maintained. Pets are more than welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was happy to find out that this hotel accepts pets because we were traveling with our dog and the pool and free breakfast were a bonus! The kids really enjoyed the indoor pool because it was a little chilly at night so I'm glad the pool was indoor. I would definately go back to this hotel if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Travelling from Los Angeles to DC with my family. Stayed here to see the Martin Luther King Memorial. Had car troubles, so I got in very late. I asked for late check-out and they accommodated me with a 2pm checkout! The rooms were spacious and clean. Thank You.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Memphis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I really enjoy this hotel. The hotel attendant named Mike always acknowledges me by name and asks how my family and I are doing. The food is great and the overall staff is very friendly. It is located close to the mall with many options for resturants. My family always stays here when they come to visit me! Thumbs up!! Patricia

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase? Share your experiences!