“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2839 New Brunswick Rd, Memphis, TN 38133 (Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD)   |
Ranked #3 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
GreenLeadersGold level
Monrovia, California
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We left Nashville for a few days in Memphis. I wasn't familiar enough to realize this hotel is a good 25 minute drive into Memphis. But, the hotel itself was a wonderful choice. It was so comfortable. First, as we come up the gal outside is sweeping and asks if we are checking in; she was our check in person. To me that shows pride in one's place of business.
One gentleman at the desk recommended Blue City Cafe for dinner. We liked the ribs so much we went back a second time the next day. Okay, let's be honest, the ribs were excellent, but the apple dumpling is to die for.
The room and bathroom were so clean, and the towels were just the right balance of thickness. Even though the window did not open the air conditioning unit brought in air, and it was not noisy at all. The bed, oh the bed, was so comfortable. It was the best night's sleep for the two nights we were there.
I liked that the closet had a door, it keeps one's belongings private.
Although there were a freeway and restaurants, including a Hooters, across the road, the room was very quiet.
The breakfast choices were good. A range from cereal, waffles, eggs, sausage. One could get a good breakfast.
Loved the swimming pool and my husband enjoyed the spa. We could have spent our morning there very easily.
Would return in an instant should our travels take us to Memphis again.
A real plus, the AAA rate made this a great value. You can pay so much more and get so much less.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a newer updated la Quinta. Our king size room was quite spacious. There are several restaurants within walking distance. For those traveling with pets, La Quinta has a great pet policy. You just need to let them know in advance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Perfect for business overnighter... restaurants within walking distance, right off the interstate, clean, friendly, good breakfast, will return, this has to be 200 characters so I am typing extra stuff

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Richland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We picked this hotel because it had decent reviews and we wanted some place not too far from Graceland. Our stay was pleasant. The room is small but comfortable. I would suggest that the desk is moved away from the air conditioner as it freezes you out when you sit there and if you turn off the air conditioner the room heats up pretty fast.

The breakfast was okay. They offer waffles, eggs, juice, toast, bacon, sausages etc. The bacon was somewhat underdone and greasy but everything else seemed okay.

The staff was cordial but not really friendly but I don't book a hotel for the friendliness of the staff.

Overall, I would probably stay here again.

Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

When I read some of the reviews people write, I'm amazed.. picking at every little thing. This hotel looks new, the staff is friendly and attentive.
Breakfast had scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and a ton more stuff.
The hotel exceeded my expectations..
When we go through Memphis, we will stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time staying at this La Quinta. Once again, my standards were met. I arrived early (close to 1:30), and I didn't expect to get my room. The girl working the front, Alli or Ally I think, went floor to floor and got me checked in with little to no wait. I appreciated it because I had been driving for hours.
My room was just as exceptional as the last time. It was clean and neat and made me feel at home. After a much needed nap, Michael at the front desk helped me with some restaurant choices and even gave me a coupon.
The breakfast in the morning was as good as before. It was all hot and tasted great. Not to mention it's complimentary.
My stay was just as exceptional as before. I obviously will be back.

• Stayed August 2013
Sparta, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was in a safe area of town with a mall and many restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. Our room faced the burger king next door, which is out the back side of the building. So I would suggest a front facing room. This hotel allows pets, but they seem to keep them to the first floor. I did hear a few dogs barking when I was in the lobby. Our room was on the third floor since we had no dogs with us, so our room was quiet. We had no issues staying here and would stay here again if in the area. We did go to the mall and to a few area restaurants. Our main reason was to visit Graceland, which was about a 20 minute drive into Memphis. After we saw Graceland, we went downtown to Beale St. And the hotel was a short drive from Beale St back to the hotel. The hotel was very clean despite dogs allowed.

Room Tip: Choose a front facing room, sine the back side faces Burger King drive up .