“Graduation Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Arlington, Texas
“Graduation Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My family had planned my graduation dinner at another restaurant, but our graduation date was moved due to the Memphis Grizzlies (NBA team) making it to the next round of playoffs. Of course, I was panicking because we needed to find another restaurant that could accommodate 20 guests on a Sunday, on Mother's Day!!!...

Thank goodness for the owner/chef at Marciano. He was very sweet and understanding. They were able to accommodate our family and the food is delicious. Everything is freshly prepared from the bread down to each order. This is a great spot if you like private, intimate dining, and the prices are set accordingly. They also offered chicken tenders for the smaller children (7 and under) in our group. this is off the menu, but the waitress brought this to our attention which was very helpful. If you come with a group, you do have the option of setting a menu for your party as well.

This is nothing like those franchise hustle type restaurants that promise atmosphere, but have crappy service and processed food. The staff is wonderful as well. Everyone in my family enjoyed their dishes too. My husband and I plan on making this one of our date night spots.

• Visited May 2013

Germantown
“FIVE-star restaurant in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

BEST in choice of food, preparation, presentation, daily specials, price, and excellent service. We eat out a lot and we will be going back to this restaurant again and again and again...will be proud to take guests there, especially picky ones!!

• Visited April 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“A Hidden Memphis Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I'm not sure why I'm just getting around to write about this place - maybe I'm afraid too many guests might spoil this little gem. For some visitors to Memphis, Marciano's is in East Memphis, away from some of the sights - but also away from the crime and grime. My wife and I go there often as it's such an inviting little spot. The owner and his staff are always glad to see you, and you are guaranteed to have a fine meal. Don't be fooled by the two $$ rating. Although the prices are very reasonable, the atmosphere feels more upscale while not being stuffy. I have had lamb, poultry, fish and veal and enjoyed them all. The food is always fresh and made to order (for those who have allergies). If there is a flaw, it is in the wine list. But, just bring your bottle - their corkage fee is small (if at all).

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good variety, international, attractive, and quiet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We go here about 3 times a month. Food has some basic items and some exotic ones. Prices are reasonable for the quality. Fesen joon, a chicken dish with tart pomegranate sauce, is one of my favorites, as are the lamb riblets. Alcohol prices are normal for this area. Where else can you go where the owner is from Ajerbaijan and wait staff may be from Estonia, Sri Lanka, or USA? You can actually converse with your dinner companions without yelling, as well. I love the Tartuffo dessert which has an unusual chocolate flavor.

• Visited October 2012
Lake Norman, North Carolina
“Good East Memphis Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

A nice Italian spot on a quiet side street in East Memphis. Food is a mixed bag with top quality Ceasar salad, but the Pasta Bolognase was not what I expected - kind of like a meat pizza on top of noodles. Some Greek dishes are offered in addition to Itilian. Wines by the glass are pricey. The service is okay but not what I would call friendly. The interior is dark and cozy. Overall a good choice for the area.