“tied for first with erling” 5 of 5 stars

901-590-2828
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Iris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,292 Restaurants in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Born and raised in Southern Louisiana, Chef Kelly English fell in love with the culture and food of New Orleans. Equipped with his training from award-winning Chef John Besh, English presents a unique dining experience. Restaurant Iris specializes in French-Creole cuisine featuring local and seasonal ingredients. English infuses his endless creativity and passion for food into each dish. Whether indulging in his Oysters three ways, a "Knuckle Sandwich", or a dessert made just for you, one is sure to reap the benefits of English"s rich culinary background. We invite you to experience Restaurant Iris, simplicity at its most elegant. Please note: Due to the limited capacity of our dining room, we offer limited online reservation availability. For more information regarding availability, please contact the restaurant directly.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“tied for first with erling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

six of us with very divided taste and everyone was pleased with every plate. I have ate at almost every resturant in memphis this ties erlings for the BEST IN MEMPHIS you wont eat better anywhere iris may have erling beat on price surf and turf out of this world must try bone marrow appitizer and brussell sprouts with bacon TOO MUCH to brag on if you think you may me eating your last meal do it at iris. P.S dont forget to try DEJA VU very surprising dont let outside or area deture you NO 3 place in memphis in my book # 1 as far as price grab lunch about 2 or 3 because you wont get in at noon. chief gary is always there and sees everthing is perfect get in on this place while its still small and personable

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Good place, but not amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I went to Iris restaurant with my husband and tried different appetizers, entrees and desserts.
The overall experience was good.
The food was good but I would not give it five stars. It was a by too salty, and the service was "surfait".
The place is really cosi which is nice, but peole around us were rather loud (not the restaurant's fault though).
The chef came yo chef on each table, which is great and makes you feel like an important guest.
Make sure to book a table though, it gets full very quickly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“They had me at the fleur de lis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I'm from Louisville, KY originally which boasts the fleur-de-lis as its symbol (sorry New Orleans, it's not just identified with you). The setting for this restaurant is a charming old home in a residential area of Memphis, just two doors down from a busy street, so it's not hard to find. We were seated in a cozy little dining room with 4 tables and our server was fantastic. I wish I had gotten her name, because she was so very good at her job and she was fun. We ordered a round of cocktails that were made to our specifications. My husband ordered a Pimm's Cup, which is actually on their cocktail menu, and he said it was the best Pimm's Cup, he'd ever had. Our server explained the menu for us backwards & forwards and told us we could order a la carte off the 3 course menu. For appetizers we ordered the Blueberry Foie Gras, the bone marrow (from the 3 course menu) and their variation of a lobster roll. They were all delicious and beautiful, but the foie gras was our favorite and the marrow and close second. For the entree round, I ordered the raviolo with a dish of brussel sprouts. My friend ordered the fluke and my husband ordered the duck breast. All were exceptional. The Executive Chef came out to ask us how our meal was, and was seen hanging out in the restaurant later making sure everyone was happy. I overheard him talking to a couple from New Orleans and he seemed very personable & down to earth. He even helped me find my way to the restroom, when I walked down the dim hallway to a find a series of unmarked doors. Even the bathroom in this place was charming! For dessert we shared a Mississippi Mud for dessert topped with homemade marshmellow and a side of nutty ice cream. This certainly won't be a meal we'll forget any time soon.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Worth the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Iris is one of the best (if not the best) in Memphis, and chef Kelly English wins all kinds of awards. The food and service are consistently excellent and I have never been disappointed. One night, the power went out just as our dessert came to the table, so our waiter rounded up all the candles in the restaurant and turned what could have been an uncomfortable end to the evening into a very romantic one! For a special occasion, this should be at the top of your list. I would suggest sitting on the patio if the weather is nice. You feel like you're in another city.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, TN
“Good to celebrate a special event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

It is very intimate and cozy (situated in an older home). The service is impeccable and the food incredible. It is pricey but well worth a once in a year splurge!

Visited December 2011