“This Courtyard Marriott is the standard I judge ALL of them against.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Marriott Downtown

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #21 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
“This Courtyard Marriott is the standard I judge ALL of them against.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at MANY Marriott properties over the years. The folks here; however, are the standard by which I judge ALL Marriott properties. They are professional, attentive and responsive to all of my needs. The staff is clearly trained and managed well. The evening staff of Sloan and John make a great team in the Bistro. Macy at the front desk and Lee in the valet line always make me feel special when I arrive. Marriott really knew what they were doing when they hired these people. This property is my standard bearer for all Marriott properties.

• Stayed February 2014
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I will share them with all of our associates who will appreciate your taking the time to praise their efforts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Aberdeen, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Room was nice. Used Starbucks coffee cup was on the desk along with an empty envelope coffee comes in, a nickel, a hanger, and a pen was on the floor. Worried me that bed might not be clean. But it was. Nice size bathroom. Quiet during the night. Nice bar downstairs. Even left a shirt hanging in the closet and the staff was nice enough to find for me and have at front desk for a friend to pick up for me. Would recommend this as a good choice while in Memphis.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us and thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Menomonie, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This courtyard was very nice. Parking for this hotel is across the street, short walk and $15 per day to park. I was staying on the Marriott associate rate. I am a student with a Hospitality & Tourism degree. So when I stay at other hotels, I look at every area of the hotel. I was working at a Marriott Flagship resort and was on my way home from it. I would say this this property needs to work a little more on training their staff. I'm worked with front office at numerous properties.
I checked in to the hotel, the associate behind the desk was not too friendly and did not have a nametag on. I had to ask about parking and she responded "see the attendant outside the door". She seemed very short with me and did not explain anything at all. Upon walking out after receiving my key, I asked a man wearing a White shirt, black tie, and black pants...figuring he worked for Courtyard...about a parking permit. He responded very rudely and said I have to get it at the front desk (as I just came from there and was told to get it outside) I went back to the desk and this rude man went in and talked to another lady wearing black pants and red plaid shirt. She finally gave me my parking permit and directions where to go however and was very nice however was not wearing a uniform or nametag, I know she worked there but it wasn't perceived that way at first.
Just a tip to management, I do expect some type of professionalism when visiting a courtyard. It seemed to slip a bit here. All associates should have a nametag on all at times.
I would stay here again in the future. The hotel is in the heart of downtown Memphis with many venues around it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us and for your constructive criticism.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Excellent experience. I was dreading a 6 week hotel stay while I transitioned to Memphis and the staff made me feel at home. Friendly, fun, quick and very accommodating. From the night restaurant staff (lovely Sloan and handsome john) to the front desk, valet... All were great!

• Stayed January 2014
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thanks for your kind words about our associates. We will post your comments for all of them to read. They will appreciate you taking the time to comment on their efforts.
Kensington, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice rooms, close walk to Beale street. Good value hotel. No pool. Parking is a couple blocks away so the set up is really meant for you to use valet which is $18 a nite. Clean. No tea just coffee in room. Running toilet was a pain but too tired too complain or do anything about.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your stay with us. We know you have a choice when making your lodging decision and we are glad you chose to stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Sloan is a wonderful bartender. She always has a warm welcoming smile and pours an excellent cocktail. Any night you see her running the bar is worth a stop at this bar/restaurant. She really loves her job and enjoys meeting the different people that come through the hotel. Highly recommend this bar!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. I will pass your comments on to Sloan. I know she will be happy to hear you appreciated her service.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Perfect location,walking distance from many sights in Memphis. Clean, very nice spacious rooms at a reasonable rate. Front desk staff very helpfull and friendly. The Starbucks in the lobby is great during the day but as a choice for breakfast it doesn,t seem good enough, so i drove to Wholefoods. The valet parking is expensive at 20USD/day and in the room you can make yourself only coffee no option for tea. They do not have water boiling kettles to rent at the front desk either. Next time in Memphis I will stay there again, be sure to do so too.

Room Tip: The rooms into the parking lot are quieter, but generally all the rooms are quite sound proof