“On our way to New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Louis, Missouri
“On our way to New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was a great location...walking distance to Beale Street and our dinner choice of Flight restaurant (great place to eat). Had the amenities that have come to expect in a Courtyard Marriott and the staff was great. The only negative is that the parking is across the street and is $15 for self park and $18 for valet. The neighboring Springhill and Sleep Inn had parking on site for $12 a night.

Room Tip: It is a quiet area but you might to ask for a room on the courtyard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your stay with us and hope to see you again should your travel plans take you through Memphis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Vicksburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was my first stay in the Courtyard in Memphis. The location is within walking distance to Beale Street and literally 8 ft from the front door is the Trolly Stop if you decide walking to Beale isnt the thing you want to do. The staff (front desk clerk, house keeping, and valet) were very helpful. Valet even let us borrow his cellphone charger so we didnt have to make a extra trip to get the car from valet get the charger then put it back in valet. The hotel is very clean and rooms a very spacious. Our only complaint (and not really a complaint) was that our room wasnt cleaned while we were out for the day... wasnt a big deal all we really wanted was fresh towels. I stopped by the front desk on our way out to Beale street that night to request towels and when we returned new towels were in the bathroom. we will most definetly stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for your comments. Sorry we did not get your room cleaned. We have researched the problem to make sure this does not happen again. Hope to see you again soon!
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My favorite thing about this hotel was the lobby/dining area. Room was nice and only complaint is that shower water did not get very hot. We stayed on the 7th floor in a King room. There was plenty of room, even with us and 2 boys ages 11 and 8. The pull out sofa worked fine for the boys. Rooms still seem new, are clean and have flat screen TV, plenty of plug-ins for electronics, coffee maker and refrigerator. Bathroom was also decent with walk-in shower (not shower/tub), which I prefer. Hotel was also quiet, even on the eve of New Years Eve.

The bistro food was average, but was nice not to have to go out of hotel. They have at least 3 booths that have their own private TVs, which the boys loved since they could watch cartoons while we watched football on the main TVs. Lobby was nice and there was plenty of room for eating in the bistro. Later in the evening there were 2 couples playing cards and enjoying a bottle of wine in one of the booths. It seemed perfect for a game of cards.

The staff at the hotel was friendly, especially the valet guys. Overall, it was a good experience. Trolley stops are right outside the hotel. Only reason not 5 stars was hot water issue (we only stayed one night, or I would have contacted maintenance) and Bistro food was average and a little expensive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was a particularly nice Courtyard in a terrific location. Parking was a bit pricy and it would have been nice if breakfast was included, but those things weren't a big enough deal to ding the hotel on its score. No complaints!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bay Village, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Staff was uniformly gracious and helpful. The location was convenient to my business meeting and within walking distance to Beale Street and great restaurants. The breakfast was cooked to order and offered a broad range of choices. Probably the best hotel breakfast I have had. I highly recommend it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Southaven, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Some friends and I recently stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott. The location was great and within walking distance of Beale and local restaurants. It's also right by the trolley. Rooms were above average but the service (desk clerks and managers) was excellent. We had some confusion on the billing and the manager went above and beyond what she was required to do. She was always very respectful and listened to our concerns and got the issue resolved. The attention to our concerns left a very positive impression on us. Would stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving holiday Nov, 2012 from Wednesday to Saturday. This was my first time staying in a Memphis hotel and for $121 per night, I expected much more than I received. I love the Marriott brand and have stayed in them all over the country with excellent results but this one left me shaking my head. First of all the place lacks TLC and generally looks unkempt. I was initially assigned Room 813 and informed by the clerk that the view was breath-taking. Well, the view was a rooftop with numerous trash bags strewn around and many standing pools of water. When I requested another room, I was informed by the clerk that other folks had complained but she thought it had been cleaned up. I was then given Room 803 and the bedsheets had hair on them and stains. Rather than send someone to change the sheets, they put me in Room 804. It was not the cleanest but at that point, I was exhausted and went to bed. The towels were off white, rough and threadbare.The next day, I was waiting at the front desk to pay for a beverage and someone in the line left a soiled tissue. I pointed it out to one of the clerks who just let it sit there and finally I found someone else who removed it. I then ordered some food from the Bistro and they were out of several items. When I checked out, they gave me a bill for some incidentals but not the room rates. I asked for an itemized bill and was told that the charges were hidden and I couldn't get a printout. I asked for the Manager and was told she wasn't there and I couldn't get her business card because she was out of them. I called today at 10 am Atlanta time and requested an itemized bill and was told by the clerk that she was emailing it to me right then. It is now 9:31 pm Atlanta time and I have still not received it. Location is what is keeping this hotel in business.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for the comments. I would like to say that our property is far from unkept. We take great pride in our property and make every effort to keep it well maintained and clean. Also, we do not accept linens that are threadbare. Any that may be in that condition are culled our during our monthly inventory. We will continue to monitor the condition of our linens and pull any not meeting standard. Regarding the cleanliness of you room we have isolated the individual reponsible for cleaning all of the rooms in question and have taken corrective action to prevent any similar cleanliness issues in the future. We have also investigated your comments regarding the availability of food in the Bistro. Due to the holiday delivery schedule from our food vendor we did have some items that we ran our of. We will make every effort to better anticipate our needs over the holdiays to prevent shortages of any items.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Been to Courtyard Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!