“BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 1,271 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Memphis Style barbecue restaurant with outdoor patio seating. Full service, dine-in or take-out, full catering and free delivery. Smoked meats including baby back ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, turkey, polish Kielbasa. Specialty BBQ items such as BBQ quesadilla, smoked drummies, chicken wings, BBQ pork or chicken nachos, fried pickles, BBQ bologna, hotdogs & hamburgers. Famous for Millie's house-made banana pudding and twice-baked potato salad! Excellent side dishes and desserts.
New Westminster, Canada
“BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

After work I headed up Poplar to find something to eat. At Poplar and Kirby Pkwy I
noticed a BBQ restaurant ( next to Macy's ) I went there and had me some Ribs and sausages it was excellent ,the restaurant is a sort of 50's period place very nice and comfortable.the service was great and friendly. I very much recommend this place . If you stay in a downtown hotel it takes you about 10 min to drive there well worth the effort.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, Tennessee
“Twice Baked Potato Salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our favorite place for BBQ in town, not that I've eaten in all of them. I'll admit that in the middle of the day when the temperature outside is in the upper 90's it gets warm inside. You come here for the food which is served with friendly service.

One and Only is in the east Memphis suburb of Germantown. That means you aren't going to be driving out here if you are staying downtown. Blasphemy alert: If you are downtown don't go to The Rendezvous, no matter what anyone tells you. Try Blues City Cafe on Beale instead.

Of course the BBQ is great, as are the dry ribs. Try the smoked turkey for something different. Regardless of your main course, you must have the twice baked potato salad as a side dish. Take it from someone who doesn't care that much for potato salad, this is a great dish. The beans are good also, but beware of ordering two sides and meat unless you are a big eater.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ANTIOCH
“Working Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had to go to Memphis for the day for business, my wife was off work, she rode with me from Nashville... about a 3 hour drive. After I finished with my business we were hungry for BBQ in the town known for good , if not great BBQ. Originally we had planed to go the famous Commissary BBQ restaurant which is well known in the BBQ world, line was out the door and we were not in the waiting mood.We Googled BBQ places close to our location ... feeling Memphis... you can 't go to wrong in Memphis for BBQ.Got to the One and Only BBQ and the place was very small, maybe 10 tables, that did not bother us but the A.C. must have been broke because the inside of the restaurant was as hot as it was outside, about 90 degrees. At this point, after visiting two restaurants, no line here, we said o.k. we will rough it, eat and get out of here quickly.The staff was nice and the menu had all the BBQ usual, ribs(wet or dry),smoke turkey,brisket, sausage etc. The dry ribs were very good and the twice baked potato salad and french fries were outstanding, fries were close to McDonald's.My opinion when hot the are best commercial fries out there The brisket was more like roast beef and not good at all and the wet ribs were average, sauce just very average and really messed up the already good dry rub taste. We received and lot of food for the $20.00 a plate for two meats and two sides and bread.Overall o.k. place if your in the neighbourhood but I would not drive out of my way as do most people, do who enjoy very good BBQ.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
memphis
“O K BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I usually rate a BBQ place based on the ribs. These were good but this town has a lot of competition. I did like the sauce and even the beans stood out as very good. My wife got the dry ribs and they were just that. Since you can't cook Q to order; sometimes it is luck of the draw how long it has been "holding". This time a little long. Service was fast and friendly.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alan K, Owner at One and Only BBQ and More, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of One & Only BBQ! We really do care and we are checking both our stores to be sure we are using proper procedures and most of all not holding ribs too long. We are pleased you enjoyed our sauce, beans and service and if you ever get anything at One & Only BBQ you do not enjoy, please let us know and we will replace it! If you give me a call, I will send you a free certificate for ribs to be used at your convenience, on your next visit. Sincerely, Alan Katzen, Owner, 901-219-5435
Acworth, Georgia
“Smoked Turkey salad very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I ordered the Smoked Turkey salad for lunch and it was very good. There was plenty of turkey and the salad was pretty large as well. The place is small, but it was pretty full and the staff at the restaurant were just great. Always checking in, they genuinely cared if you needed anything else and you enjoyed your meal. I will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2013