“Plate of bones.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 1,270 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Memphis Style barbecue restaurant with outdoor patio seating. Full service, dine-in or take-out, full catering and free delivery. Smoked meats including baby back ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, turkey, polish Kielbasa. Specialty BBQ items such as BBQ quesadilla, smoked drummies, chicken wings, BBQ pork or chicken nachos, fried pickles, BBQ bologna, hotdogs & hamburgers. Famous for Millie's house-made banana pudding and twice-baked potato salad! Excellent side dishes and desserts.
millington tennessee
“Plate of bones.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After driving by one and only for six months I decided to order to go.beef ribs only ,nice atmophere go home ready to eat .30 min. drive open the box Where is the meat. my spouse and me nibbled around the boneslike rats on cheese trying to get meat. Even then every bite are teeth hit the bones.never again yes i read reviews but tried one and only anyway. bad mistake never again.good thing we have a good set of teeth.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Alan K, Owner at One and Only BBQ and More, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed we let you down. Beef ribs were a new item for us at the time you gave us a try. We have been able to source a more consistent and very meaty product since then. If you will give me a call with your address it would be my pleasure to send you a certificate for dinner on us! Alan Katzen, 901-219-5435

Memphis, Tennessee
“Don't waste your time or money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I took out of town family to dinner there since we had eaten at the Kirby Parkway store and it was good...

The meal was horrible!

The tea was flat like it had been made 3 days before!

We ordered 3 whole orders of ribs, planning to take the leftovers home! We ended up talking almost all of them home to the dog! The dry ribs were covered with so much rub you could blow and it would fly across the table! Some one must have taken the top off the shaker and just dropped the whole container on them.

I was embarrassed and we paid the bill, left and went and waited in line at Corky's!!

Never again!

I would rate it as zero if I could!

I should have known when only 1 other table had 2 people at 7PM on a Thursday night! When we got to Corky's, of course it was packed and now I see why!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Steve R for your feedback. I certainly am disappointed and embarrassed about your experience at One & Only BBQ. We have addressed the issues in your review in hopes they will never occur again. We guarantee our food & service and as you can see from our overall rating of 4 stars we please a lot of people in Memphis and our business is growing. I would like to invite you back, on us. If you will give me a call at 901-219-5435, I will send you a certificate for lunch or dinner on us. Sincerely, Alan Katzen, Owner
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“The best BBQ I have had in Tennessee.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I have tried the ribs, chicken, brisket, and pulled pork. For us the brisket reigns supreme, then the ribs. My husband likes the chicken, but we both felt the pulled pork was a little dry. The hamburger is nothing special at all. The brisket and ribs are to die for. The brisket is sliced so thin and is moist and tender with just a little fat here and there. It needs no bbq sauce. It would make an outstanding roast beef sandwich. The ribs are very tender and do not necessarily need a sauce, but we prefer them that way. They literally fall off the bone. They have beef ribs right now and they were good, but their pork ribs are way better.The sides are nothing special, except the twice baked potato salad. It is the best potato salad I have ever had! We also tried the deviled eggs, coleslaw, and baked beans, all just average at best. The restaurant is extremely small and filled with smoke from the bbq pit, so I would suggest getting your food to go or eating at some of the outdoor seating. We ate inside and the service was very friendly and fast. Last but not least, the price is right. One evening we had a 1/2 rack of ribs, beef brisket, 2 sides, and Texas toast for $20. We were too full to have dessert, but I here it is good. I will definitely be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mobile
“The BOMB.COM!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

These ribs were awesome! We were looking for a rib place while in Memphis and someone suggested this restaurant. The ribs were seasoned perfectly! I don't care for potato salad but it was delicious!!!!!! Best ribs I've had in a while! :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bloomington, Indiana
“outstanding food & fast friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

while driving to Memphis we found this restaurant on Urban Spoon. we called and placed our order to be picked up in 45 minutes (we were on the road south of Memphis when we called).
when we arrived in 45 minutes the food had just been packaged up for us.it was still hot and VERY delicious! The gentleman at the counter (the owner maybe?) was super friendly and welcoming. would definitely recommend to anyone visiting (or driving through) Memphis.
Outstanding!!