“Ok I guess, but only if you're a preferred member.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2751 New Brunswick Road, Memphis, TN 38133   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Salem, Virginia
“Ok I guess, but only if you're a preferred member.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a really nice hotel, no real complaints about it except the service. It's beautifully decorated, the beds are wonderful, great amenities, etc.

What left a sour taste in my mouth was how they made us feel as if we were doing them a favor by staying here. The guy in front of us checking in was a preferred customer, or whatever their repeat customer level is called. They brought out a basket of fun sized candy for him. When he left and we stepped up to the desk they hid it behind the desk again. First of all, I thought it was tacky. Second, it's freaking fun sized candy. Many of the hotels we stay in give EVERYONE fresh baked cookies and lemon water on arrival. Tacky. Whatever.

We ended up needing to spend SIX HOURS at the hospital up the road and didn't get back to the hotel until 2am. I had to go back into their office to try to get someone to help us out because I had a question. The middle aged black woman (didn't catch her name, I was tired, sorry!) said "Yeah?" to me. I told her I just needed to ask a question. She walked out barefoot and seemed VERY annoyed. I asked her if we could have a late checkout because we were in the hospital late. She said "What time." I asked when checkout usually was. She said "Just tell me what time you need to check out." I asked for noon. She said "That's fine." Now, they did allow us to do a late check out, which is why I'm giving 2 stars instead of 1. But how rude! None of the "I hope you're feeling ok and of course you can have an extra hour!" we would have had at better hotels.

Nice hotel, but would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear stephaniecarmella,

Thank you for your valuable review. We are glad to read you found our rooms and amenities commendable. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. I am very sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectation on this particular occasion. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you encountered due to the level of service received from our hotel staff. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Columbus, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Just got back home to Ga and I must say the location of this hotel is wonderful. Wolfchase Mall is very large and has a nice variety of stores. There is nothing negative to say about this hotel or the area .

• Stayed May 2013
Knoxville,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here last year for a video game tournament that my son competed in. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We received vouchers for a free full breakfast and the food was buffet style and was hot and very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Especially Olivia, Kim and Will Carson. They gave us directions and helped with anything that we asked or needed. Very convenient to shopping and numerous restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our stay in Memphis. We found the staff extremely helpfull and courteous. The rooms were excellent . The location is wonderful. The only improvement is a walkway from the hotel to the giant mall at the rear.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We enjoyed our recent stay at this Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites. The hotel was very clean and well kept with the exception of the "usual suspects" - that being the entrance and elevator floors. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious and inviting. I especially enjoyed the museum-like display of the old Holiday Inn room and furnishings along with all of the nicely framed pictures of Kemmons Wilson (founder) and Holiday Inns of days gone by. We did have a couple of housekeeping/maintenance issues which were handled very quickly and professionally. First, the mini-fridge was making a loud humming sound. Maintenance responded almost instantly to address the issue and it was resolved without incident. Next, my wife sit in gum that was stuck to the chair cushion which was followed by the discovery of stained sheets. We could not identify the stain and notified housekeeping the next morning. The housekeeper sincerely apologized and ensured us that she would change the sheets for our next nights stay & pass it on to her supervisor. When it was time to check-out my expectations were exceeded when I discovered that I was only charged for one of the two nights that we stayed! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Richmond Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was our second stay at this Holiday Inn as we also stayed last year in May 2012. This is a very clean, organized and well-laid out hotel. Seems like its brand new. Wonderful staff, rooms are terrific, pool looks great even though we didn't use it! This is surrounded by several restaurants and the Wolfchase Galleria Mall so it's convenient to shopping & dining and it's right off the highway for easy on/off.
Would definitely stay here everytime I am in Memphis!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great hotel. Very clean, had a nice lobby very modern and great service. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was easy to find. It also had good access to I 40. I will stay there again when we pass through.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!