You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #15 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee
“Wonderful Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We actually live just one exit east of this location. We were in need of a place to stay because we had a sewer problem at home that took a week to fix. The staff went out of their way to be helpful, the rooms were extremely clean and they gave us vouchers for breakfast on most days.

Room Tip: This site has a large indoor pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a good hotel and would normally have received four points, but I gave a bonus point for the attention given to the founding of Holiday Inn in Memphis in the 1950s (I didn't even know that the first hotel was in Memphis til we stayed at this hotel). They have a nice collection of old photos near the lobby and a glass-walled room showcasing furniture from the original Holiday Inn. That coupled with very clean rooms and good service, made for a nice overnight stay. We were in a corner suite, which is very generously sized. The hotel is adjacent to the Wolfchase Galleria Mall and there are numerous restaurants within walking distance or a few minutes drive. We've stayed in several hotels in this area and thought that this was the best of all the ones we've visited. Our only complaint is that the breakfast hot bufffet seemed overpriced to us. The base price seems reasonable but since coffee and orange juice are not included, we wound up with a $30 check for two for a breakfast that is not significantly better than what you would get free at a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton or similar hotel. We did have absolutely excellent service at breakfast from the very friendly staff. Despite the breakfast price complaint, we think this is the best hotel in the area and will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very large.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've been at this hotel for 4 weeks on a business trip. The rooms are nice, big showers (always a plus), and a wonderful breakfast buffet. Melissa was our waitress on many nights in the restaurant and bar. She's fabulous. Very easy to talk to and always ready with food and drinks.

Room Tip: Stay in a room at the end of the hall away from the elevator area.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Due to company policy I was forced to leave and utilize Hilton properties. That has now been reversed and I'm back to Holiday Inn. Kim at the front and Melissa at the bar always make it a great stay. Great hotel, great food, great staff.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the interstate.
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

As a touring musician I stay in many hotels very frequently, but staying at this the Holiday Inn & Suites (Wolf Chase) has been one of the best experiences I have had. Beginning with my arrival here, Kim down at the front desk was very helpful in getting my room situated and she took the time to tell me about the great amenities the hotel had to offer. Her customer service was way more then exceptional as I have had to deal with many employees who weren't helpful at other hotels. However, this experience was by far one of the best I have had. Kim went above and beyond and was very accommodating. She definitely contributed quite a lot with my experience at this hotel.

-Shawn

The gym has all the equipment you need to feel like an actual gym. The machines are up to date and the room is clean!! The pool is nice and big and indoors which was perfect since there was a storm during my first night. The rooms are modern and clean and there are many shops near the hotel! I highly recommend staying at this hotel. If you need help with anything, I would go down and see Kim. She's most likely the woman at the front desk with a huge smile.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Staff was friendly and accommodating for our large group. Lots of space for our tour bus to park and convenient location to many restaurants and shopping. Rooms are well furnished and very new. A great Holiday Inn overall.

Room Tip: They have 6 floors and 2 elevators so go as high as you like.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

When driving solo from Dallas to Indianapolis with 3 children, Memphis is our halfway point...and since we're Priority Club members (but don't have oodles of points built up), I always stay at a Holiday Inn property. Previously, we'd stayed at the Candlewood Suites; however, this time, I opted for this particular property just because it kept us much closer to our route. I was NOT disappointed!
First, I called about 2 hours before our arrival to book a room. I never mess with the 1-800 number, instead opting to call the hotel directly. I find this to be much more efficient. Second, the receptionist I spoke to (I think her name was Kim?) was just amazing. She knew I was coming in at bedtime with 3 children, one of whom was sick *ACK!*, so she put us in a corner room at the end of the hallway on the Club Floor AND had a portable crib already waiting for us in the room when we got there. I mean, really. Does it GET any better than that?
Our room (a double queen suite) was exceptionally clean and neat and very roomy. Addiitonally, there was a kitchenette and a full table, so instead of dragging the kids down to the restaurant, I was able to order room service for everyone and eat at a proper table. BTW, the room service prices are VERY reasonable (not like most places who charge 10 bucks for scrambled eggs) and they are quick - it took 10 minutes for dinner to arrive and the same for breakfast the next morning. They were also super accomodating with special dietary needs (2 of my kids have celiac disease and they happily subbed in other items for toast, etc.).
Listen, it's not the Ritz Calrton and it's not in the middle of the action in Memphis. However, it is outside a very nice shopping area, the parking lot is well-lit and it's in what appears to be a nice area of town. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, nicely appointed hotel room with friendly staff, this is for you.

Room Tip: The suties are very spacious and a must if traveling with children (esp. if you have a baby who migh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family