“Great military reunion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #12 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
“Great military reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was the coordinator for my ship reunion association. The hotel staff, from the coordinator, Peggy Oman, Beat' the hospitality host, and Jon Crisp, the General Manager, there are no finer people to work with. Peggy took care of all the details, Beat' made sure we had everything we needed in the hospitatlity room, and Jon Crisp gave a very special welcome on our first night. I had a suite and it was comfortable, well furnished, and had outstanding maid service. The beds were very plush and clean. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Our suite on the 3rd floor was excellent. There was no noise coming from other rooms including the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tupelo, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Bed had stains on mattress pad that was visible on the side. Not sure why it wasn't changed before I arrived if I could clearly see it then housekeeping did, too. Bathroom door had the same stains as the mattress and so did the shower. Now what could that have been? Blood? Otherwise the room was just fine as always. Holiday inn is usually great. Lobby floor was being cleaned at checkout with a big machine that had puddles of water everywhere. Had to fight my luggage over the machines cords and dodge puddles while wearing flip flops. I was p!$$3d while checking out. Just ridiculous!

• Stayed September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear jamie a,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our housekeeping. We will look into this and assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This week I presented 3 seminars in 3 different cities in 3 different Holiday Inns. The one in Memphis out classed the other 2 by miles. I did not need to "find people" to get things done. The service was excellent, the food fantastic and the people fabulous. They seemed to know when something was needed before I did. The sleeping rooms were great. If I ever need to be in Memphis again I would certainly stay here for business or pleasure. I honestly have to say that in the 8 years I have been doing this they would be ranked number one. I didn't know customer service of this caliber was still available. Thanks to Tiffany & Peggy. GOOD JOB!!!

Room Tip: Any room would be good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

we stayed on a friday night - went to check in and the young lady was busy with what appeared to be a personal phone call, because she was laughing and smiling. She quickly went thru the check-in process and appeared to be annoyed when I asked her a question . When I walked away, she went back to her phone call and went back to laughing and smiling. We went to get dinner and do some shopping. When we got back, watched some TV then tried to go to sleep. The refrigerator was making the loudest noises and there was banging noises which happened too often. I am a light sleeper and had the worst night of sleep in years. When I was telling the clerk of the noise, she rudely told me that they do not try to bribe their customers into coming back by offering any special compensation. "hello"??? I did not ask for compensation, I was just telling her about the refrigerator. She was again, abrupt and rude. If this is the customer service you give at your hotels, this vacationer will find accommodations elsewhere.

Room Tip: Room 210 has a loud refrigerator and banging noises - maybe stay on the other side - or go elsewhere...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Linda G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am glad that you found our location nice enough for your needs. I apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the staff service received at reception. I will follow up with the front desk staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The property is really being taken care of well. We had a very restful stay along our journey to Houston, TX. As a gold priority club member they bumped me up to a little larger room on the club level, and offered continental breakfast on our floor. There is a full service restaurant with a reasonably priced buffet for those that want a little more.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I read the reviews and perhaps I had too high expectations for this hotel. The Memphis Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites near the Wolfchase Galleria is an average hotel in this price range. The rooms were clean, the property relatively new, and the location good (near a mall with lots of restaurant options).

We had a room with two queens and it was large and comfortable. The bathroom had a musty smell but appeared clean. Linens in the bathroom were sufficient for our party of three people.

I never understand hotels which provide "free" WIFI but which have a user name/password they provide you for login. Do they really think that people are going to drive to their hotel to get free WIFI? Remove the login and the experience easy for your guests.

We didn't eat at the hotel but breakfast is not included in most rates but is available as a buffet with lots of options for $8.99. As a full service hotel they also have a bar on property

Net, our rate wasn't that inexpensive and I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express locations which were slightly nicer and presented a better value. If you can get a good rate at this hotel by all means stay.

Room Tip: Ignore my rating for the SPA -- we didn't use the pool, hot tub, or work out room but I mistaken...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

From the time of arrival to the time I check out our stay was great. Visited kems twices, both times great food! Nice indoor pool and hot tub. Large suite with a wall of large windows the a great view awesome! We loved our stay and will return.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!