“First visit to Memphis” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peabody Hotel

Peabody Hotel
149 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103 (Downtown)
901 529 4000
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 42 Activities in Memphis
Type: Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Performances, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Famous for the procession of the ducks every day at 11 a.m.
Columbus, Ohio
“First visit to Memphis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Our first time to Memphis we stayed at the Peabody Hotel on the recommendation of a friend. What a grand old place! Our
room was very nice and comfortable (I assume all the rooms are remodeled), the service was very friendly and helpful, and the location was in the middle of downtown. The enormous lobby with live piano music and bar service was a step into the past. Two blocks away is Beale Street which is famous for Memphis BBQ and Memphis Blues music which was a lot if fun. In conclusion, we loved our visit to the Peabody-try to be in the lobby at either 11am or 5pm which are the times they parade in and out their famous ducks who live in the indoor fountain during the day.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Sleeping in Memphis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Stayed at the Peabody for three evening with a large business group. The elegance in the lobby is relaxing and it sets the tone for a unique and restful stay. The room and bed is so comfortable that I slept through the night throughout my stay. The Capriccio Grill offers an excellent breakfast buffet and the dinner selections are outstanding. You are located about 2 blocks from Beale street where you can hear live bands either in the lounge or outdoors. I have been on many business trips, but staying at the Peabody with the comfort, elegance, and service made our trip the best to date. If you are planning a business trip or a romantic getaway, the Peabody should be your first choice in Memphis.

Pasadena, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
“Second trip here, will try someplace else next time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This was my second trip here to the Peabody. My first visit was outstanding. Great room on the penthouse floor with exceptional service. My only complaint the first time was problems with the reservation. I had the same problem this time, no knowledge of the package I had booked, only knew that I had booked a penthouse room. There was no offer to fix it like they did the previous year. During my entire two day stay I never saw the concierge at the desk. No one at all. What a waste of money to stay on the floor. This is what was previously so impressive. I booked my own excursion, never received my welcome drinks, nothing at all. Don't waste your money on this floor. The hotel is nice but the customer service was terrible. If you just want to see the ducks, stay somewhere else and save your money, go over and see the ducks and leave.

Sarasota
12 attraction reviews
“#1 Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Breathtaking décor, spectacular room, food is top notch, Service - UNTOUCHABLE! Elegance and class galore. I can't wait to go back.

Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Bucket List Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel was on my bucket list and I made a special effort to stay here on my road trip. And I wasn't disappointed! My room was beautiful... even had a chandelier. It overlooked the river and they made great use of the space in the small bathroom. Each staff member encountered was friendly and helpful. And Velina in the Lobby Bar makes a perfect Manhattan!
Of course, there are the ducks. That was my main reason for staying here and they didn't disappoint. But get there before 4:00 if you want a seat anywhere in the Lobby Bar. I finally got one when someone left before the duck parade.
The location of the hotel is perfect... close to everything. If staying in Memphis, the Peabody is well worth the money.