“Everything is served in flights!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,271 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe
Transit: Flight is located on Main Street right along the trolley line.
Description: Flight a full service restaurant with multiple dining selections for a guest to enjoy in a single dining experience. The service style of the restaurant is the finest service featuring a knowledgeable wait staff from which the customer can gain valuable knowledge to enhance their dining experience. Flight offers several distinct dining options: On the main floor, there is the hustle and bustle of friends and businesspeople gathering together. The bar is a welcoming place for those dining alone to meet friends yet unmet, or for those who want a quick bite. On the balcony level, the booths and small tables, some overlooking Main Street, offer more privacy and an opportunity for romance.
Leawood, Kansas
“Everything is served in flights!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Don't let the server confuse you with the explanation of the flight process. Everything from wine, to appetizers, to specials, to dessert. Just order what you want, big or small plate, or you can pick three small plates to make up your 'flight'. Upscale restaurant that is worth the trip. The food and drink are delicious.

Visited March 2014

“Can't wait to go back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

First time in Memphis and have already dined here twice. Excellent food excellent staff (Especially Clarissa). Love, love, love it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reno, Nevada
“Cool Concept and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Our server Mark was very good. He helped us understand the menu and was very attentive to our party of 8. We started with the peanut hummus-that was a hit at the table. We moved on to the flight of salads. Each one was very well prepared. Several of us ordered a flight of wine and all of the selections were good. When it was time for our entrees to arrive, things went a little downhill. We were seated upstairs. As our food was coming up the steps, a patron run into our order and 2 of the people in our party didn't get their meal when the rest of us were served. To the restaurant's credit, the turn around time was very good. My husband and his sister had ordered the small filet plate. The meat was good but it was supposed to have been stuffed. Neither of them could find the stuffed part. It was served with mashed potatoes and both plates had cold potatoes. Several of us ordered the veal. It was ok but a bit chewy. I think it was cut too think or not pounded out enough. The rest of the meal was very good. We tried 2 different flights of desserts and both were excellent. I would go back. I think we just ran into a small snag. I suspect the filet and potatoes are usually much better. The upstairs area was very noisy. One of the people in our party can't hear well and this was bothersome.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent and intimate ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Flight Restaurant and Wine Bar

I was in Memphis for St. Patricks day, after spending most of the day in and around Beale Street, sampling way too much beer, I was looking for something a little more intimate and classy to meet an old coworker and his wife.
A read the reviews and the Flight seemed to fit the bill.
It was absolutely a pleasure to dine at Fight. We sat out in the glass inclosed atrium, it was wonderful. All 4 of us, my wife included went with the Flight meal and wine option, where you get 3 mini meals, 3 wine samples and 3 mini desserts. It was fantastic, a great concept, all of us were thrilled with the choice. The service was excellent.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Best service I have had in a restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hands down the best service I have had in a restaurant. I believe our server said she was Hallie. She carefully explained the whole concept and picked out a great wine flight to go with my main food flight despite the fact that I mixed plates from different flights. The atmosphere was great sitting on the heated patio, watching the foot traffic and trolleys go by on Main. They brought out complimentary champagne seeing as it was our wedding anniversary that we were celebrating. The lobster bisque was so delicate, much less rich than most I have had. For the main: Chicken and waffles, definitely my favorite. The duck was good, maybe slightly overcooked. I ordered the elk medium rare, it came out more medium, close enough though. It was good, but it still tasted a bit dry, mainly because I am used to more fatty pieces of steak. I knew it was leaner, but I just wanted to try something new. The dessert was FANTASTIC! If you can't swallow paying for a full meal here, at least go for the dessert. Overall I will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere