“Fantastic food & wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Interim Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 1,271 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mendenhall
Germantown, Tennessee
“Fantastic food & wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had business dinner at Interim with several colleagues. We sat in the cool bar area before our reservations at 7 p.m. on a Wednesday night. We had great service in the bar, where the crowd was rather sparse. When we went into the restaurant, however, it was packed! Our server was a super-sweet woman (who happened to be about 7 mos. pregnant -- bless her heart) and was great. Attentive enough without inserting herself into our conversations. The food was divine. We ordered their Mac & Cheese Casserole and Beef Tartare as appetizers, and both were fantastic (that Mac & Cheese ought to be illegal!). For dinner, I ordered the Orechiette Pasta (Gulf shrimp, chorizo, basil pesto, gran padano), and it was fabulous. Frequently, a creamy sauce like that can be overly heavy & overwhelms the taste of the seafood. This dish was perfect, however, and the sauce was the perfect blend of creaminess & freshness. One of my colleagues had the Duck Breast & raved about it, too. A wonderful night all the way around. My *only* complaint at all is likely something that can't be helped -- because of the acoustics of the building & the openness of the dining area, it's get rather loud, so a private conversation may be ill-advised. Nevertheless, I'll return to Interim!

• Visited June 2012

Olive Branch, Mississippi
“Happy to find this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Went here for a business dinner and was impressed with the quality of the items and the variety on the menu. Would probably give it a 4.5, but since I can't I'll round up.

Personally tried the Frog Legs (very tasty), the Short Ribs entree (fork tender and very good flavor) and the "Carrot Cake" which is bread pudding with cream and carrot ice cream. Wow, was the dessert delicious (and I know my bread pudding). I would go back just for that. Everyone else at the table seemed to enjoy their dishes (2 hamburgers, 1 duck and 1 pork chop entree).

I also felt that the prices were reasonable for a finer dining experience. I've seen more expensive places deliver less flavor and service quality (which was really good as well).

I will go back on my own dime in the near future.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great for lunch, but don't bother with dinner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband took me here for my birthday dinner and I was excited because I'd gone here often for lunch, but not dinner. I ordered the pork belly appetizer to start. Loved the concept, but the execution was poor. The polenta was extremely dry and the pork belly was undercooked. For my entree, I had the scallops, which were presented with a great sear, but sadly gritty and served on top of beans that were very undercooked. My husband had the pork tenderloin which he was pleased with, but the accompanying brussel sprouts were burned. All great concepts but poor execution. With a better meal, I would not have been as irritated with the extremely slow service. Regardless, I adore their lunch menu, especially the Cobb salad and great soup options.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Blytheville, Arkansas
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We had lunch there yesterday, and it was wonderful. We have missed the Lulu Grille for some time and I think we have finally found "our new Lulu's." We have been searching for that since they closed. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted divine. Service was excellent. We will be back and often.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southaven, Mississippi
“Nice dining experience, but lacking that spark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

The food was excellent, and the atmosphere was nice, but it was nothing special. Lacked that spark that makes a dining experience memorable.

• Visited February 2012