“WOW....."IF YOU LIKE CAJUN FOOD, YOU HAVE TO EAT HERE...HOLY MOLY!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Deja Vu: New Orleans Creole Soul Food & Vegetarian Restaurant

Ranked #21 of 1,270 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Poplar Bluff,Missouri
“WOW....."IF YOU LIKE CAJUN FOOD, YOU HAVE TO EAT HERE...HOLY MOLY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I guess I need to start this review by saying WOW!!! or Oh,My God!!!. I have eaten Cajun food thru-out Louisiana, from New Orleans over to my favorite spot for that area Prejeans in lafayette louisiana. This place might be in Memphis, Tennessee, but don't under estimate this place or the man behind it "Chef Gary". The food was authentic Cajun and Fantastic. I took my son-n-law there Friday September 21st about 3pm for a late lunch...again WOW!!! We got to meet Chef Gary and Big Keith for which a "FANTASTIC" Entree is named after, which I had and it was truly Wonderful. I looked at the reviews before We went on TripAdvisor and saw the one about the neighborhood. This neighborhood is not that bad at all as I was expecting alot worst after reading the review. Anybody can be at the wrong place at the wrong time in any neighbor. We honestly felt completly safe in this neighborhood and after eating at this place We both left feeling like part of their extended family as that's how Chef Gary, Big Keith and the rest of the fine crew made us feel. We will definitely be back as quick as We can to see Chef Gary, Big Keith and the Fantastic Staff at Deja. Go eat there and tell them Steve sent you.

• Visited September 2012

New York City, New York
“Best Shrimp and Grits ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The grits and shrimp was marvelous, the best I ever tasted. The service was excellent and the price was low. We will return

• Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Just eat whatever they tell you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just ask the staff what you should eat - you will walk out stuffed and happy. I don't even know what in the world I ate, but it had a ton of butter, crawfish and yumminess. Holy mackerel.

Visited September 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

After reading many good reviews on Trip Advisor for this restaurant I could not wait to give it a try. The food was excellent, I had the New Orleans Seafood plater, my wife had a shrimp poboy, and bread pudding. Everything was very good. The service was outstanding, very friendly.

I was surprised to see how small the size of the restaurant was. If you are going on a Friday or Saturday night, be sure to arrive early to avoid a long wait, as the seating is limited.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yum! Great food- and great vegetarian food too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Delicious- especially the red beans and rice, which are to die for. Excellent service. The chef even came out to say hi. We would definitely stop in here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Deja Vu: New Orleans Creole Soul Food & Vegetarian Restaurant also viewed

Been to Deja Vu: New Orleans Creole Soul Food & Vegetarian Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Deja Vu: New Orleans Creole Soul Food & Vegetarian Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.