“Decent a bit more like an EconoLodge than Comfort Inn but Won't Stay Again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Hearth Inn & Suites

You added Country Hearth Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Country Hearth Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3005 Millbranch Road, Memphis, TN 38116 (Formerly Budgetel Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #76 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Decent a bit more like an EconoLodge than Comfort Inn but Won't Stay Again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We travel for business and stay in hotels 5 months of the year, and so have a lot of points of comparison. This hotel was basically lean and well kept but an older property. If you were to just put me in the room and ask me to guess the brand, I would have said it was an Econolodge. That brand tends to be older, fewer frills and its quality can vary from quite good to very bad. (If this were an Econolodge I would have said it was a good one. As a Confort Inn I would rate it as a bit less than I expect.)

The price was good and the check in staff was friendly and helpful. We had a rare day off and asked about a shuttle to Graceland, which they do offer-- Graceland is a couple of blocks away. The shuttle is the same price as parking at the attraction, so it is not much of a benefit. I do not know if they charge to take the shuttle to and from the airport as well.

I have one particular pet peeve that will keep me from visiting this hotel again. We have a routine when traveling. We often check in late and work late. In order for my partner to preserve his energy for our tour, I get up early and get breakfast for him and we eat in the room. I also dislike having all the noise of all the people around in the morning. Occasionally we run into a hotel where there is a sign that says "breakfast is to be eaten only in the breakfast room." Usually it is in an Econolodge, not a more upscale brand. In this hotel, as I was pouring coffee, a worker in the breakfast area noticed my tray and said "breakfast is not for your room." When I pay for a room that includes breakfast, I like to be able to eat it. So I make a note never to stay in these properties a second time. This may not be a problem for every traveler, but it is my pet peeve and we have a lot of options.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010 via mobile

Comfort inn and comfort suites are different. Always opt for comfort suites. Complimentary breakfast was disappointing. However this facility was reasonable.

• Stayed December 2010
kentucky/minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Hotel was very clean, soft sheets and pillows and towels!! Really close to Graceland and near the interstate to go downtown. Staff was friendly. Has a breakfast- nothing overly special but we were full- Some cereal, toast, danishes, waffles and bagels. We had two double beds and were worried 4 people wouldn't fit into them but beds were very comfy and we fit! Secure parking lot. easy to get to- we had a great time for the price and definitely go back!! we had two double beds and were worried 4 people wouldn't fit into them but beds were very comfy and we fit!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed here as it was close to Graceland and like Comfort Inn chain. Although not in the best neighborhood, I felt safe (we were a couple of single ladies). Staff was kind & helpful, but room was not clean. Looks as if it's used heavily by truckers, but for the casual traveler or vacationer, choose something else to be completely comfortable. We had to change sheets out on the bed (stained) and furniture and floor were not at all cleaned well. I would not stay here again or recommend it to my family & friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Meridian, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I booked this hotel on the phone-was told must cancel before 4 pm. We did not arrive in Salem until 5pm. When we got to the motel there were people(didn't look too good) hanging about in the chain link fenced yard. It was a neighborhood of abandoned buildings, dirt, crime and generally a place noone would want to stay. We went in, asked to see the room-we went down a dirty hallway and into a room in which the pillows looked like they had been used. The carpet was dirty and the bathroom was poorly outfitted to be a handicap room. We went up front and told the receptionist we would be staying, canceled our reservation for 2 days but were not refunded any money. Not up to any standards.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

My Aunt and I were in Memphis to see Graceland, as we frequently do. We usually stay at the Heartbreak Hotel, but decided to save some money and try the Comfort Inn. Beware, that the area of town is not the best, but don't let that spoil the Hotel. Also the hotel is near the Airport, and sometimes it is very loud. Also, the area has a lot of truck places and a lot of truckers stay at the hotel. The hotel lobby was very nice and open. We really liked the nice lobby and the entry way. We arrived at the Hotel around 10AM to make our reservation, and surprising we could already check in. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and everything was in it's place. The room had a small microwave and a small fridge, two double beds, a comfy chair, a 22 inch TV. The bathroom was very clean, and the shower water pressure was awesome! We only had two complaints about the room. The first one was that there was small cob webs hanging from the ceiling trim. The second compliant was that the heater really smelt bad when turned on. The hotel offered a free breakfast, and it looked okay and there was a good variety, but we didn't have time to eat. Over all, this is a clean hotel and the room was very cozy. I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2010
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Comfort Inn & Suites as one of several stopovers on a roadtrip from DC to Dallas. We spent the afternoon at the Pink Palace Museum and the evening on Beale St. and checked into the hotel around 11pm. We liked the location because we wanted to get to Graceland as soon as it opened the next morning and this hotel is only a few minutes away.

I used Choice Privileges points so I did not pay anything for the stay. Check-in was speedy.

The room was adequate. The king bed was very comfortable. There was a refrigerator and microwave. The sink area was very large and looked brand new. The shower was a little older, and while it worked fine, there are obvioulsy no water restrictors in place because the water pressure was so strong that it was LOUD. Our toilet actually started leaking in the morning and we reported it to the front desk clerk who promptly wrote it up.

The only gripe about this hotel is that because of its proximity to the airport, it can get a little loud. I was awakened a couple times because I heard was I thought was loud traffic, but it was actually plane engines firing up at 3am and 4am. I couldn't believe that commercial flights would be taking off from the Memphis airport at that hour, but I later learned that the FedEx headquarters is in Memphis and every shipment goes in and out of Memphis before it gets routed to its final destination... so the planes I heard were FedEx planes. I'm not sure if staying on the opposite side of the hotel would be quieter... we were in room 103. Of course, the planes didn't wake my husband, so I guess it depends on how heavy a sleeper you are.

Breakfast was adequate. I love it when hotels have waffle makers. :)

We were planning on getting up early to use the fitness room, but we slept longer than we wanted to (too much fun on Beale St.). The machines looked new... there was a treadmill, an elliptical machine and a stationary bike.

I would probably stay here again if I was passing through, but I would request a room farther from the highway and the airport noise, if that is even possible.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!