“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Kodak, Tennessee, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Rooms are very clean and beds are comfortable. Breakfast in the morning offered the normal selections but also added hard boiled eggs and biscuits and gravy. The location is convenient to downtown Memphis.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Ed_Pepling,
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your great stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and convenient location. Please come back and stay with us again!

Louise K.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was very clean, had nice amenities and was the best hotel stay I had in a week of work in Memphis. They appreciated my business and made me feel right at home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Mandy D,
Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm glad that my staff was friendly and helpful and made you feel at home. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the area.

Jacksonville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I was put in a handicap room and when ask why the rep said it was the only room that they had left but didn't express that when I was making reservations I would have not stay there two nights if I knew that before hand because me or my wife is handicap

• Stayed April 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Bigdaddy501,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that was caused by staying in a handicapped room. Please know that the only difference between our handicapped rooms and our non handicapped rooms is the bathroom. Once again, I'm sorry for any trouble this caused you and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to make up for this on your next trip to Memphis.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We planned a very last minute trip to Memphis for the NCAA Basketball tournament. Hotels were literally selling out while I was looking at them. A friend who used to live in Memphis suggested this part of town for us to stay, and I an a Marriott Elite member, so we went with it - even though we tend to stay at more full service hotels.

We pulled up to the hotel late on Wednesday 3/26. What was the first thing we saw? A large tour bus with lots of teenagers unloading. UGH!! I was already trying to figure out a Plan B, but knowing most everything (now including this hotel) was sold out, in we went to check in.

We were greeted by a very friendly young man, given our room # (first floor - YUCK) and off we went. We passed the pubic bathrooms, the ice machine, the weight room, and then we can to our door. Right in between the weight room and the stairs. Quite possibly the world's worst room location. Called the desk, no where to move us. Super. This is going to be a long 4 nights.

We were pleasantly surprised honestly. We kept the a/c fan on for some white noise, and besides some elephants going up and down the stairs, it was pretty quiet. Would I ever stay in this room again - no way, but it could have been a whole lot worse.

The breakfast in the morning was perfectly adequate for being included in the room rate. My kids had waffles and a piece of fruit each morning. There were eggs and a meat (sausage, canadian bacon) each morning. It was plenty to get us through to lunch.

The hotel was a recently remodeled Fairfield, so it was very nicely done. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean and well done.

It was about a 20 minute drive straight into Downtown Memphis, and it is located in a mall area with every store and restaurant you could want. Great access to everything.

Overall, other than the cruddy room location, I would absolutely stay here again if my travels should again bring me to Memphis.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 1st floor - especially between the weight room and the staircase (specifically room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear GoCoastalTravel,
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. We are so glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel and service. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Memphis and that we will see you again on your next trip.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is wonderful. The positives begin with the fact that it is conveniently located within 15-20 minutes of most Memphis attractions. It is near a large shopping center with many restaurants and close to the highway, but not so close that the noise causes problems. Parking seemed to be ample, even for a weekend.

The check-in process was smooth. We actually called ahead to see if we could check in early and were pleased when we learned our request could be accommodated after a long morning of air and car travel. The individuals at the front desk were friendly and efficient.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff were attending to the other rooms on the floor when we arrived and were very welcoming and friendly. (One actually greeted me from down the hall and it took me a moment to realize she was addressing me - oops!) There was a letter from the GM and a small welcome package (water, pretzels, mints) which were a nice touch.

Breakfast was the usual Fairfield Inn fare. The eggs and sausage patties were hot and delicious and there was an attendant present to ensure everything remained full and in good order.

The workout room was clean and well-appointed, with two treadmills and an elliptical as well as an assortment of paired free weights.

The pool area appeared to be clean but I did not get to use the area because of my schedule in Memphis as well as storms in the area during my free time.

Overall, the experience met my expectations in terms of what I expect from the Fairfield chain and it was a step above, in terms of hospitality. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to Memphis.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Marti E,
We appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about your wonderful stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. Everything we do is so that our guests can have an exceptional stay! I'm glad to see that we succeeded. Please come back and see us again on your next trip to Memphis.

Warm thanks,
Union, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This Fairfield Inn and Suites offered exactly what I expected. I stayed twice in March as a stop on my way between Cincinnati and Houston. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very attentive. The bed was comfortable which is exactly what I needed after driving from Cincinnati the first stay, and Houston the next. I would have given this hotel an excellent rating, but I feel that they cut some corners when building this location. There is only 1 small elevator for the hotel which is right next to the only ice machine. It is very inconvenient to wait in line for ice and then again for the elevator. Breakfast was good, although the staff started breaking things down about 30 minutes before the posted time for service to end. Overall the hotel was a good value and in a great location. I would stay here again if passing through Memphis.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Heather W,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay both times. I apologize that my staff was taking breakfast down before the end time. I will address this with my them right away. We look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great Hotel ! Was perfect half way between Dallas and Knoxville. looks like a newer well maintained Fairfield inn. As far as Fairfield's go as some are a little older ( but clean ) this would be about a 9 or 9.5 over all. Good value.

Room Tip: Everything you would expect from Marriott.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Scott R,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know about your wonderful stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay so much. If you are ever in the area, we hope to welcome you back again.

Louise K.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria? Share your experiences!