“I would be ashamed to be affiliated with this location!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Memphis - Airport

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Memphis - Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2541 Corporate Avenue East, Memphis, TN 38132 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #112 of 134 hotels in Memphis
“I would be ashamed to be affiliated with this location!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Started off not being able to pull up the four rooms we reserved a week ago. We were supposed to have 2 smoking ands 2 non. She said all the rooms were non smoking. Got to the room and everyones queen bed are all full size. No towels, wash cloths, hand towels or dish cloth or towel but we did have a foot towel. Half roll of toilet paper no dishes so we already paid for a week. Got almost unpacked and the front desk calls and says oh I have 2 smoking rooms available. Thought all rooms were non smoking well the 3rd floor is smoking. So we moved and something no towels dishes etc... broken beer bottles in parking lot, locked doors being left open for non guest, guest peeing in the bushes out in the open. I have stayed at every Extended Stay even with their sister branches across the USA. Never have I not been completely satisfied. This one is filthy all the way throughout. Front desk is unfriendly, unprofessional. Maids half clean room there were potato chip bags behind the night stand trash under the bed the fabric chair is worn with I don't know what under the cushion no pilliow cases and maintenance isn't any better. We have to stay here in Memphis and work til the end of January we won't be spending another dime here...

• Stayed November 2013

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mesa, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel is located in rear of old almost abandoned business complex. Very dark and deserted- would not stay here for this reason alone. Room had no toilet paper at check in and smelled very badly of old smoke. Paid for two nights and only stayed on this hotel was so bad. I did not get a refund on my second night. Enough said.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Dirty hotel, poor upkeep. I was only in there for 6 hours overnight and wanted out. Definitely stay in a different hotel for more pay, it'll be worth the trouble. DO NOT stay here more than a few hours. Breakfast is awful, dead bugs in the room, bathroom isn't too clean either.

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was the most awful extended stay I have ever been inside. The lobby was full of people that were friends of the staff. The staff refused to give me my discount on the room and were extremely rude and not knowledgeable at all about hotel policies

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Great location...really close to all the main attractions. Outside of the hotel is well manicured. Carpet in the hall and room is filthy. Refrigerator and counter tops could use some bleach. The bath towels were dingy and we could never get more. The bed is flat and uncomfortable!

• Stayed June 2013
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I should have read the reviews before booking but we needed 2 rooms for 5 persons and price was an issue. I booked through a search engine and maybe that was part of the problem. I stupidly thought-duh!-the rooms would be side-by-side, or at least on the same floor!! Again, duh! they just didn't think of that, I guess.
Nothing in the room to drink from, no hand or face towels. No bath mat so one of the two towels had to be used for that. One room was on the 3rd floor and the other on 2nd. I do believe I mentioned two of the guests were physically challenged so they put us as for away from the elevator as possible. I asked at check in, and after a 5 second scan of his computer, the desk clerk said no rooms were available, not even changing one. Sooo, everyone of the rooms were full? The next morning I told the desk clerk of no glasses, and was told to take them off the "grab and go" breakfast bar, that they were out of them.
The room was reasonably clean, until my husband lost his stylus in the chair. I took the cushion out and found GARBAGE, not just a little, there was a ruler, pieces of food, paper, torn cushion from the chair, and small pieces of other items too small to discribe.
I will say the shower had a good temperature of water. The toilet did not want to flush-had to do it 3 times. No facial tissue. N dish soap to wash what little cooking equipment they had. THERE IS NO ICE MACHINE IN THE HOTEL. We were told to go to McDonalds and buy it!!! We did not have any trouble with the wifi, however.
Don't recommend it, and will never stay here again!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We found this to be an nice hotel but left to run down. The spacious suite had good beds, towels, shower, fridge, secure wi-fi and plenty of spare power outlets. Easy access to freeway system. However, the place has not been maintained and spoiled by the missing cutlery, smashed mirror, bathroom door that does not shut, and writing desk without a chair. Also the wi-fi was glacially slow (unless you want to pay to upgrade to faster - which would probably be normal - speed). We found ants in the room living off food that had been dropped into the a/c ducts. Reception didn't have any means of ridding us of the ants so we had to put everything up overnight.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Airport? Share your experiences!