“Sleep in your car rather than stay here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Governor's Inn & Suites

You added Governor's Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Governor's Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2490 Mount Moriah Road, Memphis, TN 38115 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Hotel Memphis Airport East)   |
Ranked #114 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Leeds
“Sleep in your car rather than stay here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Booked a room over the Internet at $67 but on arrival we were qouted a rate of $95 which, to give the desk clerk his due, was corrected to $67.
The two computer terminals in the lobby were being used by a group of teenagers as we checked in and while they gave no trouble it's not what you expect to see.
The corridors and lift areas had not seen a vacuum cleaner for a long time and a dirty towel rode up and down with us each time we used the lift.
The bed in the room had been made but that was it, the vacuum cleaner had not been here either.
The rate included breakfast but next morning the chef had not bothered to turn up for work so breakfast was 'off, we got the impression that this happened on a regular basis.
The receptionist could not have cared less and told us, without any embarrassment ,that cleaning staff were only called in to clean rooms that had been used, the corridors had no chance!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
ebay2009
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

We were passing through Memphis and decided to stay in a Ramada Inn, thinking that they would be good. But choosing this one was a mistake. I would have gotten something a lot better for the same rate (not cheap in any way). We got to the check-in desk and the person was sleeping. I had to tap the desk and call hello some times and then he comes over. He was not at all intrested in us. He was yawning and stretching constantly while talking to us. He checked us in and gave us a room key. The main hallway was good but as soon as we got to the second floor, the flooring was bad, torn and damaged carpet/tiling. We got to our room and the room is filthy. Pieces of hair on the bed. The bathroom was all smelly and stained. The walls and roof has stuff coming off. There was a small cockroach roaming around in the tub. This really grossed us out. We went back to the front desk and asked him if there was any better room. He said oh may be facilites missed that room and gave us another room. The new room had same issues but atleast no cockroach that we would see. Please see the photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/31801764@N08/ and decide for yourself, if you want to stay at a place like this. I wouldnot recommend to anyone.
Take care

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
North Little Rock, AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Got a great rate, but when we arrived we could see why. Very nice staff and eager to answer questions, but dark, old hotel. Looks like it was a former Holiday Inn that's been converted to an independently owned Ramada. Lots of things had Ramada stickers placed on top of the old Holiday Inn name, even on the ice bucket. Hallways were dark and had a weird smell. Carpet was old, worn and torn. My kids' feet were filthy from walking on the carpet. Even if you vacuum, you can't get that out without replacing the carpet. Doors and walls had chipped paint, torn wallpaper, etc. The back security entrance was propped open with a folded newspaper. There were NO cars in the parking lot when we arrived in the early evening. More were there when we came back from dinner but they were all gone early the next morning. The room itself wasn't horrible, but it wasn't nice either. The hallways were musty and muggy and so was our room. We cranked the a/c and it did cool it off enough that we wanted blankets that night but weren't about to pull the bedspread up over us. They'd tried to fix the pillows and fold down the sheets so it looked nice. Bathroom was tiny and hard to see with the light that was in there. No fan in the bathroom so it got hot. Towels seemed to be new but evidently they hadn't washed them because we had towel fuzz on our faces after drying off. Tried to eat breakfast the next morning. Staff kept saying they offered breakfast but no one would say if it was included with the room. Got to the restaurant and didn't see anyone eating or working there. Could smell something cooking but the restaurant didn't look like anyone had been in there. The bar was completely empty. A worker asked if we were trying to eat. When we asked if it was included, he asked how much we paid for the room. When we told him we booked it through a discount site, he said no, it wasn't included. Then proceeded to print a receipt for the room, even though we paid through the 3rd party site. The receipt had our name but a different credit card and a different address. Not sure who it belonged to. We were just anxious to check out. It's in an industrial part of town. Definitely not a nicer part of East Memphis like up on Poplar. We're sure the staff is trying, but the place needs a complete remodel not just new towels.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
st. louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

We were very excited to finally just get away from home for awhile and low and behold we stayed here. The bathroom floor was sticky, the air did not work during the day but was fine at night. The bathroom walls were stained and the refrigerated did not work. We were told we got the lowest rate so we would not get a discount or anything they did offer to move rooms for us but the room we were being moved in did not have a refrigerator at all. If you look at their amenities refrigerator and microwave is one. The lobby looks really nice but the elevator and halls stink and are infested with bugs. Do Not Do It.

Stayed June 2009
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

I will start by saying that the staff here were very friendly to me, and I commend them.

However, it is clear that this hotel needs a major renovation. It smells, its mechanical systems are out of date and not really functioning, and overall it has the feel of the scene of a crime that hasn't yet happened. I stayed here following a delayed flight and was referred to the hotel by Northwest Airlines' travel agent. I had to request to be moved from the first room I was placed in. The following list reflects issues with the first and second rooms, as well as public spaces.

-A/C and ventilation system for public spaces is pumping a damp, moldy smell out into the corridors and lobby
-Water runs rusty for more than the first few seconds
-Shower and tub taps drip or run continuously
-Mysterious marks (prints from shoe soles?) on walls
-A/C units bang, rattle, and are either ice cold or humid and warm
-Condensation on windows has caused mold issues
-Vending machines mysteriously missing from their slots
-Light fixtures (sconces) missing their on/off switches
-Formerly operable windows are caulked shut

For $69.99 a night, this was a gigantic waste of money. I hope all the nice people who work here find a better place soon!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

We enjoyed our stay there. The people was friendly and to be honest I've been in worse hotels. That costed a lot more. We enjoyed it there it was close by some of the attractions and friends we were in town to see.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

If you are one who travels alot for any reason please read the following and pass it along to others!
All of this is true and happened to me this week (april 13-14, 2009)!!

During my stay at this Ramada Inn in Memphis, TN my experience was unacceptable for a few reasons.
Upon my check in on April 13th I was told my room cost $80.00 even. I paid cash for my stay.

* The first room I was given had a broken TV. The front desk did move me to a new room.
* This new room had a broken toilet. Again the front desk moved me to a new room where I was able to stay for the night, despite the spiders in my bed and bathroom.

* In addition to this hassle, there were no working ice machines on my floor or the floor above me.
* And the elevators were unreliable and smelled of mildew.

* Upon my check out I received my receipt and took the shuttle to the airport to catch my plane. I accepted the issues that this hotel had and did not complain or ask for a refund. At the airport I inspected my receipt which stated that the cost of my room was only $63.78. This is including accomodation, sales tax & occupancy tax. ...yes, I should have looked at that receipt before I left, so this is why I don't expect anything in return from this hotel, as it's my word against theirs.

Ultimately, what happened was the individuals operating this hotel stole $16.22 from me. I have tried several times to contact this Ramada to speak with the manager. I was told my call would be returned which it has not 4 days later, and every other time I call about my situation I am sent directly to voicemail or told the manager is in a meeting.

I am extremely upset with the poor service and experience I had with Ramada. Most importantly it's upsetting to have money stolen from me. Not to mention that I believe a bait and switch tactic was used on me as well. I was originally quoted $69 for the stay, but had to pay $80.

So with all this said, I advise you to never stay at this Ramada Inn.
IT SUCKS!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Governor's Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!