“Only stop here if you're on a limited budget.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Memphis

You added Rodeway Inn Memphis to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Memphis
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1199 Linden Avenue, or 1199 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave, Memphis, TN 38104   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
UK
“Only stop here if you're on a limited budget.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This place is about 2 miles from Downtown and not a good walk. The hotel is a little run down and not particularly clean, the safety catch on the room door was broken. The breakfast area is cramped and again not what I'd call clean. The staff were indifferent our initial contact the staff didn't appear to understand me and had to refer me to a younger member. Therefore unless you're on a very limited budget I'd avoid this spot.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fulton, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for an inexpensive place that is close to downtown. When you first drive up, I have to say that it does look a bit "scary." However, it is right across the road from a hospital parking structure. I never saw anything outside that made me worry though. But, then again, I'm not going to be prowling around at night on the streets of Memphis. The hotel staff was very nice and pleasant. The room was very large, clean, and spacious. It also came with a mini-fridge in the room. Very nice if you want to keep some drinks in your room. I only stayed one night but I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The room is very spacious, and it's clean, The location is close enough to the downtown. If you don't have a car, it might be a little bit difficult to get around, but otherwise, it's a good compromise between the price and the location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Wichita, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I were in Memphis for a few days and chose this place for three reasons: good price, close to the things in Memphis we wanted to see, and good trip advisor reviews. The place is great in terms of being able to be on Beale street in just a couple of minutes. The neighborhood is a little questionable. I definitely wouldn't have felt safe going for a walk around the block after dark. However, we never felt unsafe in the hotel room. The room was big and was clean. It had an ironing board and iron as well as a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. I would say that the breakfast was pretty weak and having to ask for ice at the front desk is a little annoying (especially when he only gives you half an ice bucket full). Overall, if you're looking for a cheap place to stay and go down to Beale, this is it. If you're looking for something really nice and upscale, spend the extra money and stay downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was the perfect place for us to stop on our trip with our dogs. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. There were ample places to walk the dogs, including a high school just down the block. We will stay here again, next time traveling through Memphis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
South West Rocks, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a good quality budget motel that we chose after reading Trip Advisor reviews. There were three of us so we had 2 king beds and a very spacious room. It really was a little too far from Beale St as we did not have a car ( $13 taxi ride) but for the price it was ok. Airconditioning was very noisy. The friendliest person was the house maid who was extremely helpful with local knowledge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Humboldt, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was close to Beale Street and more on the affordable side. The room was a nice size, and I appreciated the chairs. However, the room was freezing! Evem putting the air conditioner on low in 100 degree weather, I was wrapped up in a blanket. I would advise just to put it on fan. The comfort of the bed was comparable with the price of the room, so be advised if you have back or joint problems. The cable did not work the day that we stayed, and when I called the front desk about it, I got no apology. He acted as if he could care less. On checkin, the bathroom only had about 15 sheets of toilet paper on the roll, it took twenty minutes for them to bring me a roll, the employee didn't even speak, just knocked on the door and handed it to me and walked off. The wifi is extremely poor, I couldn't even check my email. I saw a roach crawling on the wall in the room. There was no coffeemaker or sofa sleeper as advertised. We did not have an iron or ironing board either. Don't bother opening the curtains because all you will see is a parking structure. Also, on coming back to the room at night, we saw a couple of prostitutes working the corner the motel is sitting on. We will not stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Memphis? Share your experiences!