“Keep looking....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Memphis - Poplar Avenue

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Memphis - Poplar Avenue to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Poplar Avenue
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 Poplar Ave., Memphis, TN 38119 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #85 of 134 hotels in Memphis
“Keep looking....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Staying here for work, company takes care of booking rooms, that parts nice, but I would choose another place to stay for a long period of time, the rooms don't get cleaned unless you ask, and even then it's not "clean", they have a towel issue for sure, never seem to have towels, you have to bring yours down and leave them to be washed, you might get them back same day.. Started a new free breakfast this month, granola bars, fruit and muffins.. But don't try to get more than 2, you will get called out! Staff is nice, just need more to work with..

• Stayed January 2013

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just taken over by Extended Stay America and they have no idea what they are doing. I booked the room using priceline name your own price and when I got there they could not find the reservation. They told me there were no single rooms availabe and then wanted to charge me again for a double room. I refused and they made me get out my laptop and prove I made the resrvation and when i did they finally called the manager who talked the night clerk through the process. Finally found my reservation and when they gave me the key it was a room with single full size bed. The bed cover was stained, the chair ottoman was stained and I kept my socks on while walking on the carpet. Left early in the morning with no breakfast and no shower. The sheets appeared clean but the rest of the room was and the hallways were in sad shape.

Room Tip: Choose someplace else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was not really fit for paying customers. The staff was arrogant and rude. We tried to check in at 2:50 and was told that the rooms would not be ready for 10 minutes. Based upon the room, I know they were not cleaning my room. The security latch was broken, the faucet leaked, the chairs had giant stains, the closet doors were missing, you only get a bar of soap (no shampoo), the sheets are sandpaper quality, and the towels smelled of chemicals. The toilet did work.

Room Tip: Check the room before checking in
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
mzubair, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Poplar Avenue, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for 6 weeks. The employees could not be more rude and lazy. They are incapable of even the most basic hotel tasks. Bring your own towels and keep them in your car, the staff will steal them. Fridge didn't work, window leaked, both chairs had only three legs. The hotel stinks so bad - I think they were going for "pine" but it comes out as bong water.. Forget cooking - boiling an egg will set off the fire alarms. Also, the manager will just randomly turn off your keys while she "checks the locks". I sincerely do not have one single solitary thing to say about this hotel that isn't damning. Seriously, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Rangely, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The staff was friendly and the landscaping was very well kept. The bed was comfortable. Now for the negatives: The drink machines did not work, there was no coffee service downstairs, the carpet had lots of spots, the wallpaper was coming off the walls in several places, the counter top in my room had numerous large cracks in it (unable to clean - breeding ground for bacteria), the a/c only worked most of the time, and there were hairs on the wall of the shower. The card reader on the back door was not functioning, causing other guests to wedge the door open; a major security issue. This hotel has a great location and great curb appeal. Unfortunately it appears that it is long overdue for a remodel, and the housekeeping staff could probably use a bit more supervision. While I would not necessarily avoid this place, if I'm ever in Memphis again it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Despite our high quality control measures, I understand that you were given a room with an air conditioner that did not function properly. I have acted to prevent the recurrence of such an incident by retraining our staff on how to monitor the condition of our a.c. units during routine inspections. We would never intentionally make a room available when it does not have a functioning air conditioner, so we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a good hotel to stay at in case you are looking for a spacious and a clean hotel on the main business street of Memphis - Poplar Avenue. The decor of the rooms, staff friendliness, parking space and overall cleanliness is brilliant. I stayed there for over 6 months overall staggered over a year and each time I've been pleased with my stay. You need to get your own groceries and you'll find Burger King, McDees, Kroger, Subway, a liquor store, a couple of gas stations, 200 meters away from the hotel making it awesome from a location perspective. The hotel rates are also very reasonable. Only things missing here are a gym and a pool, but overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

This was a great home away from home. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was very attentive.

• Stayed June 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Poplar Avenue? Share your experiences!