“Never again!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Memphis - Germantown

You added Extended Stay America - Memphis - Germantown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Germantown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38119 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #87 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
New York
“Never again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I spent 4 weeks working in Memphis. The Company I have been working for put me in this hotel, as I requested a place where I could also cook.
The hotel suite was not very nice, neon lights like in the hallways, gloomy atmsphere, basic furniture, basic kitchen utensils, not really a pleasant place where I was going to spend 4 weeks!
There is no daily cleaning, and this already made it even more unpleasant. The bedsheets feel like the cheep ones of motels.
The worse happened during my 3rd night there, when in the middle of the night all of a sudden I hear someone trying to enter my room with the card key. As I had (luckily!) put the slide lock, nobody was able to enter, but of course it was a very scary feeling. I called the reception and they told me that they were checking rooms for a power shortage at their computer system (?!...). I was SO pissed!
Few hours later, already morning, while I was coming out from the shower, again the maintenance man opened my door without knocking. That was it. I complained again at the reception and they asked me for my cellphone number to have the manager calling me for an apology. Useless to say, nobody ever called me, but of course I asked the Company I was working for to change me immediately of hotel. They put me in Homewood Suites, a lovely place which I will write a great review for.
Avoid this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I don't think there is much more to say about this hotel. It 10 days to have my room cleaned and this was after complaining for 4 days. It took them 7 days to fix the television. The rooms are very dirty and the police department was there twice during my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Holden, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My wife and I spent three days at Homestead, it wasn't pleasant, but was tolerable. The best part of the stay was the kitchenette, it had a full size refrigerator, stovetop, microwave, coffee maker and toaster. It didn't have any forks and we needed to rewash everything before we used it. The freezer had a bad odor. The concept of Homestead was good, but the housekeeping was terrible. Overall the room was filthy. To make things better they need king sized beds at least for couples, a good hosekeeping staff and to pay attention to details. It would not be my choice again. The staff was friendly and helpful if you could find them.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

TERRIBLE STAFF, BED BUGS, TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE... long story short, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. I am not the kind of person to go online and write a negative review, but I made an exception for this place. I could not believe how terrible my experience was there. Let me tell you why to STAY AWAY. I recently had to quickly relocate to Memphis for a job. I found this place online and it seemed okay... WRONG. I woke up after my first night there at 3 am and my back and neck were covered in BED BUG BITES. I know that they were bed bugs because I have been bit before and have an allergy to them (Severe itching and irritation, red rash, swelling). Not to mention that when I had woke up in the middle of the night I saw one one myself, flicked it off and then flung my sheets off... then proceeded to spend the rest of the night in the bathroom... NOT COOL. Now, being the laid back, easy going person that I am, I went to the office as soon as I could to let them know of the problem and get a different room. I told them that I wanted a new room and that my room was infested with bed bugs and it needed to be quarantined. The manager over heard me saying this and stepped out to tell me to, "keep it down and not make accusations that aren't necessarily true"... WTF. I showed him some of the bites and told him that I actually saw the bed bugs, but he was too worried about control damage control and preventing any other people in the lobby from hearing about the fact that they had bed bugs to give two craps about customer service. After much persuading he told me he would, "investigate it further". I am not one to get mad, however, when I wake up at 3 am covered in bed bug bites and then tell the management about it and basically get called a liar and then mocks me, I tend to feel more than a little bit PO'd. Moral of this story... MANAGEMENT SUUUUCKS. DO NOT STAY HERE. The only decent thing about this hotel is the location. It's in a fairly safe area and there is a good selection of places to eat and shop. BUT I WILL NEVER, NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. The management here suuucks. The rooms were way overpriced for the quality of the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Sandy Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Found this hotel online and booked because of the price. I was kind of weary because of the price but confirmed the location (by a friend) was safe. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly staff. They were great! Very informative of vending machines, atm, and convenient store. I stayed at this hotel overnight and was very impressed. The room was extremely clean, my a/c unit worked wonderfully, the bed was comfortable (slept like a baby) and my bathroom was very clean. I will definitely be staying at this hotel. It was great for the money and they offer shuttle to and from the airport. Thanks to the hotel and staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Words cannot describe how awful the experience. We complained to the manager-nothing. i called corporate-nothing. he you like filthy rooms and no service, stay here:-(

• Stayed January 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I always book using priceline and usually don't have problems ensuring double beds if they are available. However if you want double beds here be prepared for a $12 upcharge. Additionally they put u on the 3rd floor which is all smoking and smells horrible. They have no ice machine in the hotel. No pool. The beds are horribly uncomfortable. To top it off our a/c didn't work and it was boiling. They do have a full kitchen in each room but the fridge was not pre cooled and the glasses were dirty. Hotel staff very rude. Lastly the hotel is not in Memphis. They made the driveway on the Memphis side of the city limits so it's 35-45 min drive to any of the Memphis cites.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Germantown? Share your experiences!