“A swing and a miss” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Grand Rapids, MI
“A swing and a miss”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are disgustingly dirty. The bathrooms are even worse. To begin with, the carpeting in the room was sticky. The floor in front of the rest room door was warped and cracked. The cushions on the sofa and chair were totally broke down from wear. The bathroom had hair next to the bathtub in the bathtub and on the toilet seat. There was a used washcloth still hanging over the shower curtain from the previous guest. When I call the front desk to express concern that the wireless did not work in my room the desk person argued with me that I must be doing it incorrectly. (I am the IT person for our company.) I will not stay here again, ever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bryan M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Memphis, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding our cleanliness. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We came back to our room after a family event to find my diamond earrings missing. I waiting for the PM Manager to come talk to us -- had to find him instead. When I finally met up with him he was holding my earrings in his hand and told me some story about how the cleaning lady found them under the couch (which was impossible). I was annoyed he believed her story, but thankful to actually get them back. He did wasn't apologetic and didn't offer anything -- since I actually got them back. Hello! His staff stole my earrings! Luckily, the AM Manager was nice to comp our room for one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I thank you for selecting our hotel and truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I especially wanted to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to your earrings. I am so sorry that they were misplaced; however, I was glad that we were able to return them to you. I can assure you that we take theft very seriously and we’ll be looking into this incident in more detail so that this does not occur again. Our main priority is for all our guests to have an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you.

Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again
Huntsville, Alabama,Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on Sunday evening. Had a wonderful large suite, non-smoking on the fifth floor. Looks like the rooms have been remodeled. Very comfortable king size bed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a spacious living room.
We always enjoy the great breakfast. Husband loves the omelet made to order. They will cook
your eggs any way you would like. Great choice of juices, teas, coffee, cereal, fruit, hashbrowns,
scramble eggs, sausage or bacon, donuts, rolls and much much more.
They have a wonderful happy hour each night. Great drinks and snacks (popcorn, pretzels, chips
(they are homemade and very delicious -- can't get enough of them -- they are always the first thing to go. They even make child-like cocktails for the children. Great place to relax and enjoy
the great atrium with waterfalls and great plants all over.

Room Tip: We always ask for non-smoking, upper floor, room away from elevator and ice machine.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great room in the corner of the first floor away from the atrium. We could not check in until exactly three, but we sat in the atrium and read until our room was ready. It was clean and nice and smelled good, which is so important.

Room Tip: There are corner rooms on the first floor out of the way of the atrium. No noise and easy to get a...
Bryant, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Old and tired building - not what we are used to in an Embassy Suites. Dining area is cramped. Toilet spaces are small and cheaply furnished. No spa services. Tiny bedrooms. No dressing space. Some spaces in disrepair.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Bryan M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Memphis, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We at take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. Your input and concerns are appreciated.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

Bryan Miller
Front Office Manager
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in town at the last minute to see some friends and due to "Memphis in May," had a hard time finding a room at the typical Hilton hotel or SPG hotel. Embassy in East Memphis was my best bet. I should have known something was not ideal when I could not find a parking place just to check in at 6 on a Fri Night.. I actually had to park illegally on a corner just to check in! I then went to the HHonors desk only to see that due to the crowd -- and it was NOISY -- that they were not honoring their HHonors desk. The couple at the desk were actually arguing and haggling over something for a good 15 mins with the poor clerk. When I finally did make it to the registration clerk 20 mins later, things went smoothly. There were no bell- staff and no luggage carts. So I moved my car to the back parking lot and hauled my luggage in.

My room was adequate, on the 5th floor. Though I am Diamond status, there were no amenties offered. There was a welcoming letter on the desk in the room, but it was addressed to someone else.

I do not stay at Embassys very often. In the past decade, this was my 4th or 5th. So I guess I do not know what to expect. I did note that they place seem waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-crowded. There HAD to have been more than 4 people in each suite as people were EVERYWHERE and noisy, and children seemed to run around un-attended. At cocktail hours both evenings I was there, I have never seen so many people with braids, fades, grills, sagging pants, and noisy, noisy drama! Geesh! Length of wait for free buffet breakfasts: generally 30 to 40 mins (another geesh!).

Their exercise room was small but the equipment seemed to be in good shape.

The highlight of the hotel, in my opinion, was an extraordinarily hard-working member of the staff, "San," who was bartender, bus-person, and after the meals and drinks were over a VERY thorough scrubber of the tables. In the midst of this circus, she actually had a positive attititude and warmly and genuinely invited me back to the hotel when I am next into town (not likely! but the sentiment is excellent). Management, she needs to be promoted!!!!!

Because my flight out Sunday was not until 6:30P and because I am Diamond-status I checked with the front desk to arrange a late check-out on Saturday. I was told that this was not possible that 1:30 would be as late as it would be. I asked her to check with the MOD and was told that the MOD was not on-site. (I don't blame him or her!) I was told that she would try to get permission for a late check out by paging the MOD. I never heard back. I checked with the desk then Sunday for the late check out and was told that 1P would be the latest possible. I gave up and packed and left immediately, not being able to do much work at the airport.

This was not a pleasant hotel stay and it will be a lonnnnnnnnng time before I stay at an Embassy again -- and then only if all other hotels are not available.

This hotel is NOT RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great layout for family and friends to stay and socialize with planned and non-planned activities. Kids in pool and game room, adults talking and able to play table games, business center to stay in touch with work if need be, location and amnities made for a nice visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Memphis? Share your experiences!