“Wonderfully clean and friendly.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Twice the Rewards
Ranked #31 of 135 hotels in Memphis
Bartlett, Illinois
“Wonderfully clean and friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The atrium is beautiful, the room was very clean, and everyone on the staff - from the reception desk to housekeeping - were very pleasant and friendly. I had to leave a couple of days earlier than planned and they were very nice about it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This Embassy Suites is a very pretty hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. The atrium is really nice, complete with live ducks which the kids loved! There are a couple of things that could be improved: 1) there was a very large group the first night we were there. My youngest wanted to go swimming and they had filled the pool area. Although there was a security guard, my husband noted two different people going up to the desk to complain. I know that this can happen at any hotel, but looking at previous reviews, it looks as though they have had this problem before. 2) After visiting the Embassy Suites in Charleston, SC in October 2012, this one could use more options for breakfast, especially on the weekends. Overall, our experience was good, but because it is such a nice hotel, I hope they make a couple of changes.

Room Tip: A corner room cuts down on the noise level. We did not request a corner room this time. Because it...
ellijay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Everything about this hotel is great. Because of my travel plan changes I was allowed to checking early without any problem. Room was very clean and smelled fresh and very comfy. Brandy or Brittany I can't remember now was very professional but also put a personal touch to my stay by being so friendly and helpful about where to go and places to dine. Next time I'm in Memphis I know where I'll return to.

Room Tip: Stay off the first floor a little noisy.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I came to Memphis for an interview and my flight was delayed for six hours. I was quite tired when I arrived at the hotel. Check in and check out were efficient. The staff was friendly and helpful. The atrium was very attractive and the breakfast was great. They had omelets made to order and many other choices.
My room was clean, attractive and quiet. It was a cold night, so I was happy the thermostat worked well. My room was nice and toasty. I had dinner at a great New Orleans restaurant within walking distance of the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Memphis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
chicota, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We chose this hotel because we had 2 small girls with us and they wanted to swim and we were going to be in Memphis 3 nights. Since it was Febuary, it had to be indoors. On Saturday evening we went to the pool and had just gotten into the water when a bunch celebrating a birthday decended on the pool (seriously, we had only been there about 2 minutes). This bunch was large, loud, and totally out of control. It was almost impossible to enjoy the pool because of the screeming and wild jumping and splashing and hard, hard play of these kids. The security guard did nothing to calm them down. When more and more of their bunch showed up, we were told by the guard that since we were the first ones in there (by 2 minutes) we would have to leave to make room for the party!!! There were other guests who tried to use the pool, too, but it was horrible, and they left! So, we left, and we will never go back!

york, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

for the price I was disappointed in the upkeep of the hotel. In my room, the hardwood floor was starting to buckle in one spot and about 4 pieces were raised and I kept kicking them. The toilet had a huge stain around one of the pipes, I assume it was rust. The wallpaper was starting to come apart where the pieces meet. The room wasn't as quiet as it could be, but thankfully I had a fan and turned it on so I didn't have to hear the people talking in the next room. I did like the lobby's waterfall and resident ducks. All the employees, except one, were nice and helpful. Upon checkout at 4am on 2/1, the desk clerk acted like I was bothering him when I asked for my bill. We also asked him a question about the computer in the business office not working and he says "I have no idea about that". He didn't even offer to help! All in all, if I am paying $175 a night, my expectations will be higher. I feel that the hotel should be kept up a bit more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Central Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business. Typical Embassy Suites layout which lends to a loud atrium. Small gym but never had to wait and all equipment was functioning, clean towels and cold water available.

The rooms are typical Embassy Suites, king or two doubles. I thought the walls seemed thin as I could hear my neighbor quite well most of the time. And there are wood floors around the kitchen area, so footsteps were heard from above.

Location is excellent right off Poplar and I-240, just 10-15 mins from the airport, plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The in-house Italian restaurant was pretty good, dinners priced at usual hotel rates of $20-$30 on average.

I'll stay here again when in this area of Memphis.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Embassy Suites Memphis? Share your experiences!