“We won't go back!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
chicota, tx
“We won't go back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We chose this hotel because we had 2 small girls with us and they wanted to swim and we were going to be in Memphis 3 nights. Since it was Febuary, it had to be indoors. On Saturday evening we went to the pool and had just gotten into the water when a bunch celebrating a birthday decended on the pool (seriously, we had only been there about 2 minutes). This bunch was large, loud, and totally out of control. It was almost impossible to enjoy the pool because of the screeming and wild jumping and splashing and hard, hard play of these kids. The security guard did nothing to calm them down. When more and more of their bunch showed up, we were told by the guard that since we were the first ones in there (by 2 minutes) we would have to leave to make room for the party!!! There were other guests who tried to use the pool, too, but it was horrible, and they left! So, we left, and we will never go back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
york, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

for the price I was disappointed in the upkeep of the hotel. In my room, the hardwood floor was starting to buckle in one spot and about 4 pieces were raised and I kept kicking them. The toilet had a huge stain around one of the pipes, I assume it was rust. The wallpaper was starting to come apart where the pieces meet. The room wasn't as quiet as it could be, but thankfully I had a fan and turned it on so I didn't have to hear the people talking in the next room. I did like the lobby's waterfall and resident ducks. All the employees, except one, were nice and helpful. Upon checkout at 4am on 2/1, the desk clerk acted like I was bothering him when I asked for my bill. We also asked him a question about the computer in the business office not working and he says "I have no idea about that". He didn't even offer to help! All in all, if I am paying $175 a night, my expectations will be higher. I feel that the hotel should be kept up a bit more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Central Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business. Typical Embassy Suites layout which lends to a loud atrium. Small gym but never had to wait and all equipment was functioning, clean towels and cold water available.

The rooms are typical Embassy Suites, king or two doubles. I thought the walls seemed thin as I could hear my neighbor quite well most of the time. And there are wood floors around the kitchen area, so footsteps were heard from above.

Location is excellent right off Poplar and I-240, just 10-15 mins from the airport, plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The in-house Italian restaurant was pretty good, dinners priced at usual hotel rates of $20-$30 on average.

I'll stay here again when in this area of Memphis.

• Stayed January 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The staff was awesome at every turn, always pleasant and frequently checked to see if they could do anything for us during our stay. The facility was beautiful and my grandson got such a kick out of the ducks and the waterfall in the lobby. It was fun just to see his face light up at the adventure of it all. He took me on a tour to show me all the things he found! Our room was comfortable and spacious. I love that they are aware of the environment and making steps to reduce waste - Very Proactive! Enjoyed it so much that we extended our stay for one day just to enjoy and relax.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The lobby was beautiful and the customer service was absolutely wonderful. All of the staff were attentive to our needs. We were not very familiar with places in the area and the front desk made sure we had door to door directions. We were very pleased with our stay overall and the next time we are in the Memphis area this hotel will be our first choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Clean, well maintained, with an extremely friendly staff. Every one from the front desk to house keeping and the kitchen was smiling and helpful. Great bed and cozy sheets. It's Memphis, so of course there are ducks in the lobby!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

One of the worse night's sleep I've had. Beds are very small and hard. Thought they would be queens but don't think they were as wide as a full. Walls also very thin, a group of young girls giggled all night.

Restaurant EXCELLENT!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Memphis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Memphis

Address: 1022 S Shady Grove Rd, Memphis, TN 38120
Location: United States > Tennessee > Memphis
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#31 Business Hotel in Memphis
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Memphis 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Reservation Counter, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Memphis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Memphis Hotel Memphis
Memphis Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Memphis, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.