“Would have received a better review but.....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
More Points for your Stay
Ranked #59 of 135 Hotels in Memphis
york, pa
“Would have received a better review but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

for the price I was disappointed in the upkeep of the hotel. In my room, the hardwood floor was starting to buckle in one spot and about 4 pieces were raised and I kept kicking them. The toilet had a huge stain around one of the pipes, I assume it was rust. The wallpaper was starting to come apart where the pieces meet. The room wasn't as quiet as it could be, but thankfully I had a fan and turned it on so I didn't have to hear the people talking in the next room. I did like the lobby's waterfall and resident ducks. All the employees, except one, were nice and helpful. Upon checkout at 4am on 2/1, the desk clerk acted like I was bothering him when I asked for my bill. We also asked him a question about the computer in the business office not working and he says "I have no idea about that". He didn't even offer to help! All in all, if I am paying $175 a night, my expectations will be higher. I feel that the hotel should be kept up a bit more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Central Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for business. Typical Embassy Suites layout which lends to a loud atrium. Small gym but never had to wait and all equipment was functioning, clean towels and cold water available.

The rooms are typical Embassy Suites, king or two doubles. I thought the walls seemed thin as I could hear my neighbor quite well most of the time. And there are wood floors around the kitchen area, so footsteps were heard from above.

Location is excellent right off Poplar and I-240, just 10-15 mins from the airport, plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The in-house Italian restaurant was pretty good, dinners priced at usual hotel rates of $20-$30 on average.

I'll stay here again when in this area of Memphis.

• Stayed January 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The staff was awesome at every turn, always pleasant and frequently checked to see if they could do anything for us during our stay. The facility was beautiful and my grandson got such a kick out of the ducks and the waterfall in the lobby. It was fun just to see his face light up at the adventure of it all. He took me on a tour to show me all the things he found! Our room was comfortable and spacious. I love that they are aware of the environment and making steps to reduce waste - Very Proactive! Enjoyed it so much that we extended our stay for one day just to enjoy and relax.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The lobby was beautiful and the customer service was absolutely wonderful. All of the staff were attentive to our needs. We were not very familiar with places in the area and the front desk made sure we had door to door directions. We were very pleased with our stay overall and the next time we are in the Memphis area this hotel will be our first choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Clean, well maintained, with an extremely friendly staff. Every one from the front desk to house keeping and the kitchen was smiling and helpful. Great bed and cozy sheets. It's Memphis, so of course there are ducks in the lobby!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

One of the worse night's sleep I've had. Beds are very small and hard. Thought they would be queens but don't think they were as wide as a full. Walls also very thin, a group of young girls giggled all night.

Restaurant EXCELLENT!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
White Hall, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I remember words of wisdom from someone much older than me that said, "You will always find what you're looking for..." We booked our room knowing that it was an older hotel that had been somewhat updated. We went into it with that mindset, therefore we were pleased with what we found. Setting realistic expectations for a hotel can make or break your experience.

The service at the hotel was outstanding. The front desk personnel were friendly and efficient, yet you did not feel they were rushing you even though the hotel was completely booked that weekend. The personnel that worked down in the breakfast area were extremely nice and helpful. They made me feel as though I was having breakfast at my grandmother's house. They were my favorite part of the hotel stay. I do hope the hotel sees the value that these ladies and gentlemen add to the customer's hotel stay. We loved how they chatted with us and remembered us each morning. Housekeeping did a wonderful job cleaning our rooms. We were even pleased to find a security guard in the parking lot at all hours of the day and night.

Three of us shared a suite and were very comfortable. We did a lot of shopping that weekend and were able to bring in our shopping bags in addition to our luggage and still had plenty of room to relax even with there only being one small storage area in the bedroom. The beds were comfortable and had adequate covers. It was nice to have a big, thick metal door to close off the suite and bedroom area so one of us could go to bed early while the others stayed up. Both rooms had flatscreen TVs, microwave, refrigerator and get this...THREE sinks with mirrors. God bless the person that came up with that idea. It was perfect for three women trying to get ready in the mornings. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no bathtub, only a shower. The rooms were very clean and were stocked with plenty of linens.

The hotel itself is reality quiet. We stayed on the fourth floor and did not hear any street noise. There was a security guard also walking the hallways to help keep noise levels down to a minimum. However, that didn't always work. There was a soccer tournament in town that weekend and there were families allowing their kids to run the hallways, yelling, slamming doors and knocking on random doors until late in the night. There was also a group sitting down in the atrium drinking until late on Saturday night and they got a little rowdy for a short time. We never called the front desk to complain, so we have no one to blame but ourselves for that.

We did not participate in the managers reception but we did enjoy the breakfast each morning. There was a small buffet set up but you could also get a made-to-order breakfast which was always very good. There were pastries, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal, oatmeal and yogurt too. We were very pleased with how the staff managed the breakfast even though there were tons of people trying to eat. They kept everything fresh and stocked up. It was nice to sit in the atrium by the man-made "brook" that ran through there. It was stocked with goldfish and ducks. The ducks would sometimes walk through the eating area to pick up crumbs, but they never bothered anyone eating.

If I had to point out a "down side" to this place it's that the parking lot is not really big enough to serve all of the hotel patrons.

We will certainly stay in the hotel again. It was well positioned to give us easy access to all of the shopping in Germantown. It's right off of Interstate 240...just far enough away to not hear all of the traffic noise.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 448 which was in the middle of the hotel away from both elevators. It was a nice...