“Big beer” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 172 things to do in Memphis
Activities: Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: Blues City's world famous menu has drawn attention of presidents and celebrities alike. Check out the best food on Beale with live music nightly in our world famous Band Box.
London, England, United Kingdom
61 attraction reviews
“Big beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Popped in but could not tell whether band were going to come back on stage or not. There seemed to be a bit of confusion so after twenty minutes of nothing I tookd my big beer and moved on.

Visited December 2013

20 attraction reviews
“Best ribs!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This review is a little older from before I trip advised.
My wife,son and I stopped in here for BBQ,and we waddled out.
The best ribs I've ever put in my mouth,hands down, and I've had good ribs before.
My wife grew up 20 miles south in Miss and was telling me about Memphis BBQ,so I had to try BBC and glad I did.

Greenback, Tennessee
“Great music, good food, nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We went here mid January, I ordered the pulled pork BBQ, can't say it was special but was good. My husband ordered ribs and he said those were good. Large portions and food service was prompt, but we were here on a rainy Jan morning and not many customers inside. I loved the blues playing on the jukebox, nice old building , reasonably priced

Ithaca, New York
“Great ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This place is not fancy and it is on the corner of the very touristy -(but must see place) Beale Street. But the food is Memphis authentic and very delicious. They also have good local beer and prices are reasonable. Service from a low-key but friendly waiter was great. We had french fries covered in a seafood creole and barbecue ribs--HEAVEN!

Merced CA
8 attraction reviews
“Ribs and catfish combo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our tour guide recommended it, the hotel concierge recommended it, and the cab driver said to have either the ribs or the catfish. I was happy to find that the menu offered a combo plate, so ribs, catfish, fries and slaw it was! I would have liked hushpuppies too, but I guess that is a different part of the South. The ribs were succulent and had a great sauce, the catfish was crispy outside and melt in your mouth inside. The waiter was fun and took good care of us. Definitely the place to go if you only have one night in Memphis.

Visited December 2013