“Surprisingly inspirational” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 76 Attractions in Memphis
Type: Historic Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Recording studio where Elvis Presley made his first record.
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly inspirational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014 NEW

Took the tour with two friends, one of whom had already been to Gracelands and wanted to try Sun Studios. I went along with no real expectations and was very pleased that I did. I found it truely inspirational. Seeing and hearing what is the root of most, if not all of our music today. It is certainly the source of the 70's music I grew up with. Our guide had a very engaging manner and introduced the exhibits and music clips extemely well. I would strongly recommend anyone who visits Memphis to visit and experience the joy of this unique place.

Visited October 2014

Blacksburg, Virginia
19 attraction reviews
“Little museum with a big...sound?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 NEW

We got a tour from the excellent Lahna. The tour consisted, as noted by others, of an upstairs room with memorabilia and small historical interest signs. The tour guide narrated the history with pizzazz. We particularly enjoyed the relatively (2013) new radio broadcaster exhibit. Then downstairs to the recording studio, which is authentically rundown looking...still has the original pretty much everything. Listening to musical excerpts helped bring the story to life. My wife the music lover had a blast and I enjoyed myself too. Tour could be a bit longer and would have liked to ask questions throughout, but still well worth the entrance fee.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great tour at Sun City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 NEW

We were in Memphis for the weekend and decided to visit Sun City Studios, it ended up being a great decision. The history in the studio was amazing and our tour guide Lahna was not only well-informed but hilarious to boot. A must-see spot in Memphis.

Visited December 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

Had a tour at sun studio, and it was significantly more than I originally expected. Our guide was Pleas, and he was phenomenal. Great experience.

London, United Kingdom
“Very Atmospheric”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014 NEW

All good . Knowledgable and enthusiastic guide with the actual studio itself very atmospheric .We combined it with trip to the Rock and soul museum and used the free bus between the two

Visited November 2014

Been to Sun Studio? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sun Studio, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.