“Good food, good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pearl's Oyster House

Pearl's Oyster House
299 S Main St, Memphis, TN 38103-3907 (Downtown)
901-522-9070
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
NYC
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Pearl's is an unpretentious fish house that features catfish. Never having tasted it before, my husband ordered it and was not disappointed. I had the shrimp and they were lightly and deliciously battered. Good food and fun experience

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Purcellville, Virginia
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Looking for that New Orleans cuisine? Pearl's has it. Red beans and rice with sausage was just what I expected. Reasonably priced.

Visited January 2014
“Flavorful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The restaurant is very nice and you could possibly have a romantic evening there. However the night I visited it was empty and the football game was on. Other than that the servers were very friendly and attentive. The oyster shooters were good and reminded me of a bloody mary. Now why my husband ordered four of them is beyond me. The Char-grilled Oysters were good and were seasoned and I loved them but not quite as delicious as ACME in New Orleans. Would I eat here again? Of course and perhaps try other items on the menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Maryland
“Just a teriffic dinner in Memphis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Pearl's came highly recommended by many reviewers. I wanted oysters and my wife wanted shrimp & grits. Both were excellent. Their prices were reasonable and the service was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and could not have been any nicer. I had the char grilled oysters for the first time and they were great. You cannot go wrong with Pearls.
We were staying at the Peabody Hotel and it was a brisk 10 minute walk.
The nice thing were learned about the city of Memphis is that it is very compact and many restaurants and attractions are within walking distance.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pickerel
“best spot to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

This was absolutely the best meal we had while in Memphis. The service from the minute we entered was very attentive. The interior of the restaurant has character and is a nice place to sit and watch Main St.
The food we had was to die for - the oysters rockefeller were delicious - a great appetizer. Both entrees, shrimp scampi and jambalaya were wonderful - nicely spicy and flavourful. For dessert we shared a bread pudding - glad we shared as the portion was huge. But we managed to polish it off as it too was delicious. Definitely eat here.

Visited December 2013