“Graceland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Graceland

Graceland
3734 Elvis Presley Blvd., Memphis, TN 38116 (McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD)
+1 901-332-3322
Elvis Presley's Graceland Tour
Ranked #8 of 76 Attractions in Memphis
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, the Elvis Presley Car Museum, Elvis custom jets and other limited time exhibits. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
mount pleasant, WI
12 attraction reviews
“Graceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Another great stop was Graceland. Crowds were good over Easter, tour is excellent. Everything flowed and is done very well. Our family had a great experience touring the grounds.

Northern VA
4 attraction reviews
“Mansion, Automobile Exhibit Worth Seeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I agree with other reviews. Even if you're not a die-hard Elvis fan, the mansion is truly like walking back in time. Enjoyed it immensely. All the classic cars in the automobile museum also make that worth a visit.

Visited April 2013
“Glad I can now say I have been”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice place to visit once. If you aren't a huge fan you probably won't be to impressed. Living in Tennessee most of my life and hearing about Graceland did make me want to visit just to say I have been. I didn't see anything that would make me want to go back but I am glad I went.

Edmond, Oklahoma
11 attraction reviews
“It was better in my head”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Like the title of my review says... I guess I was expecting things to be a bit nicer... like tile walkways instead of old musty carpet. The added public parts (like bathrooms, walkways, ticket office...) were a bit, meh...

The tour was okay - it was played on individual headphones. The exhibits were neat, I loved seeing all Elvis' costumes The staff was friendly enough - they were simply doing their jobs. But, this is the kind of place I'd rather see some super big fan that can answer all your questions and gush about Elvis.

I'm glad we went, but I probably won't visit again.

Southern USA
7 attraction reviews
“1970s Time Capsule”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Graceland is truly a time capsule from the 1970s. I love historical sites, especially old homes. This was much more modern and much less opulent than the homes I normally travel to tour, but I enjoyed it. It is extremely rare to find a home so perfectly frozen in time. Gaudy, yes, but very authentic. The two airplanes also provide a glimpse into the past. The cars in the automobile museum are gorgeous. Why don't cars look like that anymore?!?

There are also several exhibits showcasing Elvis memorabilia such as costumes, gold records, awards, documents, photos, videos, etc. Everything is covered... his childhood in Tupelo, MS, his generous charitable giving, his Vegas and Hawaii days and on and on. Warning: You may experience a bit of Elvis overload.

As with any popular tourist attraction, you will have to deal with crowds, standing in lines and gift shops galore. I definitely would not want to visit during one of the peak seasons, but at the time my husband and I visited, it was not too bad. They have a fairly decent system worked out.

Even if you are not an Elvis fan, this is cool to see. If you are a fan, you absolutely must visit.

Visited April 2013

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Graceland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.