“Interesting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Graceland

Graceland
3734 Elvis Presley Blvd., Memphis, TN 38116 (McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD)
+1 901-332-3322
Memphis Music Attraction Discount Pass
Ranked #8 of 79 Attractions in Memphis
Type: Landmarks & points of interest, Sights & Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, the Elvis Presley Car Museum, Elvis custom jets and other limited time exhibits. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
27 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Always wondered about it, have now seen it. Slightly underwhelmed, since not as grand or extravagant as I expected, but very interesting nevertheless. Have a better idea of who he was and his impact on rock & roll. Slightly pricey admission. Have to ride a shuttle from across the street to get to the house & grounds, but not a problem.

Visited September 2012
ElvisPresleyEntp, Graceland at Graceland, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We absolutely value your concern/thoughts/suggestions and we would greatly appreciate any additional feedback you could provide. For more information or to contact us direct, please email graceland@elvis.com.

• Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
11 attraction reviews
“Go see it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I must say, I am not a big Elvis fan. But, being in Memphis, I found that I should go visit Graceland, since Elvis' being such an icon.
Prepare for long lines as you wait for the shuttle bus to bring you to the Graceland mansion. You can only visit by guided tour, but after 15 mins or so, you can continue on your own pace. At first this annoyed me a little, but as I visited the mansion, I could see why guidance was needed: it's a pretty small place. The upper level is closed, but you can visit the main floor and basement. Seems to me like Elvis had a good taste in those days! You will see many, many golden and platinum records and other artifacts of his life. Just outside of the mansion you will find Elvis' grave.
Once you've taken the shuttle back from his mansion, you can visit shops, drink/eat or visit his car-museum. Also right now on display is his '68 show. There are other exhibitions going on too, for an extra price ('platinum' entrance).
So, if you're an Elvis fan, this is undoubtedly a must-visit. If you're not an Elvis-fan, I think it still is a must-visit, just because of the impact this man has had on music!

Visited September 2012
Thank you, Thank you very much! We hope to welcome you back here at Graceland soon!
Olathe, Kansas
5 attraction reviews
“King of Rock, neighborhood not rocking!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Elvis has been an icon of interest for 50 years. Millions of fans visit his home and final resting place every year. Kudos to Priscilla for having the business sense to turn his home into a memorial/shrine/tourist attraction.
With that said, it is disappointing to arrive at the area that is older and run down and good lodging to be a 20-30 minute drive up the road. Found some good BBQ in the area but again, surprised at the surrounding neighborhoods lack of appeal.
There are many souvenir options on the premises but it is obvious that ex-wife Priscilla and daughter Lisa Marie are raking in the $$ from tourists who have a thirst to know how the king lived. Found the displays and info very interesting but disappointed in the surroundings and presentation.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We absolutely value your concern/thoughts/suggestions and we would greatly appreciate any additional feedback you could provide to help us remedy your experience. For more information or to contact us direct, please email graceland@elvis.com.
chicago
20 attraction reviews
“Quirky Americana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Graceland is a must see for all. Even if you are not a fan of the King, it is a fascinating glimpse into American culture. The grounds are hugh and packed with visitors from all over the world. (That in itself is an interesting experience.) Dedicate at least 3 hours to Graceland. I guarantee you will love it!

West Des Moines, Iowa
21 attraction reviews
“Met my expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am not an Elvis fan, but I felt I should see Graceland because it is such a famous place. I can say that it met my expectations and I'm not sorry I visited, although I thought the tickets and the $10 parking were overpriced.
The house is decorated in the gilt and mirrors and shag carpet style of the late sixties and early seventies. You can only see the first floor and basement of the house and the out buildings and memorial garden. I was disappointed not to see the entire house.
We were not there at a busy time but could tell from the line ropes that the wait time could be very long. I don't know that I would have had the patience for a long wait. People with a reservation got served first so it would be worth
The memorial garden with Elvis and family graves attracted many fans.

Visited September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope to welcome you back here at Graceland soon!

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Graceland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.