“Pretty good for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East

You added Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5877 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38119 (Formerly Park Place Hotel Memphis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #41 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Pros: The staff were all nice and helpful, the breakfast buffet was great (and the staff at breakfast were especially nice), the pool was adequate for kids to enjoy, the gym was pretty decent, and the rates were quite reasonable.
Cons: Entering and exiting the parking lot is as harrowing as others have said. There is no restaurant or bar actually in the hotel. You have to go across the parking lot for a hotel. One night, we ordered pizza at 11:00. The delivery person knocked on our door, having been allowed all the way up to our room with no call from the front desk. That made me worry about their security measures.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Came here on a visit to Memphis. I have done several visits to memphis must of them are quick in and out. I tried going to some motels, but I could not get a decent night sleep due to the beds being in such bad shape. However this hotel is wonderful. It is very clean, and the facilities are in very good shape and they keep them looking new and pretty. The lobby people where plenty nice. However we understood the breakfast was free (or at least that Is what i understood the guy at front dest told me, however when my husband ate it in the morning, they gave him a bill) so it is not free.
All and all I think everyone will have a good night here and it is a good hotel worth the stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The people were nice and helpful. All hotels were sold out except this one. It was pleasant and they served coffee and tea in the hallway all hours. The only problem was an old elevator that was unairconditioned. They also charge for breakfast but it was all you can eat. Nice restaurant next door. Great location.

• Stayed July 2014
Cortney O, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Judylporter,
We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with us, and I'm particularly pleased to hear that you enjoyed our dining services!
I am sorry that you had to deal with the discomfort of the elevator. I know that air conditioning is important in our Memphis summers! Based on your rating, I'm confident that your room temperature was more comfortable, and I hope that the elevator experience didn't overshadow the rest of your good time.
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel itself is nice and we were satisfied with the room until we wanted to shower. The water was barely lukewarm. We called and they sent a maintenance worker up that proceeded to tell us that it was hot (even though I could hold my hand under jut the hot water without moving it) and that the reason that it wasn't more hot was because hotels couldn't have real hot water because it would scald people. REALLY? This is not my first hotel stay. I have had plenty of hot water in other hotels. I expect to have to cut my hot with a little cold to make it comfortable. Luckily, we were heading home the next morning and not to an even that required us to shower there as the next morning, there was not even lukewarm water. I reported it to the front desk when we checked out and they seemed unconcerned, but said they'd check it. I'm sure they didn't.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
First, let me say that I am glad to hear about your overall satisfaction with the hotel.
However, I am very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by a lack of hot water in your room. I can assure you that any such complaints that are brought to our front desk staff are indeed investigated and addressed, though I apologize that it was not resolved to your satisfaction during your stay.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The personnel is very friendly and nice. The rooms are worn and need updates. The bathrooms are too tight.
The hotel is in the desirable Memphis East area with more than enough high quality restaurants.
It's in a very safe area

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your review! We are in a fantastic part of the city, and we're glad you enjoyed the location as well as our friendly staff!
I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be in need of an update. As I'm sure you could tell from our decor and the style of our furniture, we strive to stay modern and current.
I understand that the bathrooms in the rooms are not extremely roomy, but we hope that the comfort of the rest of the guest room, where we anticipate our guests will spend the majority of their time in the hotel, counteracts any inconvenience.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff. They gave us tips on restaurants and fun things to do. We were pleased with the updated and attractive lobby, along with our room which was very clean comfortable. The only problem was a very small bathroom but it wasn't a huge hindrance. My husband and I enjoyed the free coffee in the lobby, however, a complimentary continental breakfast would have been nice but lack of breakfast is understandable considering the price. The kids enjoyed the pool, which was clean and in good condition.

We did experience a couple of problems during our 4 night stay. First of all, the tub did not clog for the first couple of showers. It was pretty gross. So, we called the front desk and they sent a technician right away. I then requested housekeeping to come and clean the tub due to the standing water and they sent someone up almost immediately. Second of all, the location is a bit of a headache since it is in the middle of a highway but once you figure the system out, it's not too bad.

Overall, the stay was pleasant and satisfactory, especially for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JMSFam,
As the Guest Services Manager, I'm extremely glad that you found our staff and our service so helpful and friendly! We're also pleased to hear that you and your family felt that you received a great value for your cost!
I am very sorry to hear that you had issues with your room's shower and tub. However, I am happy that the service you received in righting this problem was prompt, efficient, and courteous!
We also understand that the unique location of our hotel and the two other properties on the median of Poplar Avenue can seem complicated at first, but I see that you quickly got the hang of it.
It's good to hear that your children enjoyed our pool. We're glad to offer that amenity to give some extra comfort and recreation during our hot and humid summers!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We only stayed in Memphis for one night, for that I'm grateful. The professional pictures make this place look stellar, so I was a bit disappointed when we got there. Front reception people were friendly and check in went fine. Then we got to our room and the floor was wet from the window A/C unit about five feet out into the room. They acted like because it had rained that day, that it was normal for the floor to be wet. Before we took our shoes off and noticed the wet floor we saw the there were stains on the bed skirt and a very worn/damaged area in the carpet right inside the door. The front desk moved us without hesitation when we informed then of the wet floor, as well as offering us free drinks for the trouble. When we got to the next room, first thing we did was feel the floor, yep it was wet too. Although, it was only a foot or two out into the room, so we just dealt with it. They charge $6 for continental breakfast and $10 for buffet, needless to say we didn't try it. The shower had very little pressure and the bathroom had no exhaust fan. Pretty loud traffic, two busy streets on each side of the hotel. Overall, a pretty disappointing stay. I wouldn't stay again, if we ever come back through Memphis.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay, though I am pleased that your experience with the front desk staff was positive. Both they and the rest of our staff do try our hardest to resolve any issues that arise during a stay, and I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East? Share your experiences!