“Comfortable Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East

You added Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5877 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38119 (Formerly Park Place Hotel Memphis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #48 of 135 Hotels in Memphis
Baltimore
“Comfortable Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first stay at a Four Points hotel and I was pleased with this hotel. The ambiance was inviting. The bed was very comfortable and the room had coat hooks in the entry way. A nice touch, especially during the winter. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel was reasonably priced too.

I was not fond on the entry into the parking lot. The hotel is on a busy road and it is easy to miss the entrance and have to backtrack. The only other downside that I observed was that there were no outlets by the bed. I use my phone as my alarm clock so I had to either unplug something or plug the phone in across the room. It worked out fine, but was not convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cortney O, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thanks, randalen, for letting us know how you stay with us was! We're glad your first time at a Four Points was a good one. We are glad you appreciate the small things, like the coat hooks. And I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the front desk staff! We do wish there was more we could do about the roadway situation, but we strive to make the rest of the experience offset the initial inconvenience. Thanks again. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The enterence into the hotel was hard to find. We passed it twice and finally realized that there is only one way to get in to the hotel parking lot. The enterence is to the left of a four lane highway.
All of the staff were very friendly. We had an early check-in and was happy they could accommodate that.
After check-in, I took the elevator to up to the room. The elevator floor was disgusting. It looked as if he hadent been vacuumed in months. Filthy.
Got to my room and it was ok, nothing special. Again, the carpet looked dirty, not as horrible as the elevator, but it really needs to be replaced. The bed was comfy & clean. The bath room was very small. I'm a skinny person and could barely fit. Even though it was small, it was clean, that was a plus!
They have a reasonally priced breakfast buffet downstairs in the morning.
I felt safe in the hotel, no issues there.
The hotel is located around lots of dining & retail, such as Target and a strip mall.
This was an "ok" hotel for a quick business trip.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cortney O, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi MillersChild,
I'm sorry everything wasn't perfect with your stay. We will definitely pay more attention to the carpets! We do keep them cleaned regularly and vacuumed several times a day. But, if there has been heavy traffic, we can get caught off guard. We're glad you found the location and the breakfast suitable and hope that if you're ever back in town for a "quick business trip" you'll consider staying with us again. Thanks for writing!
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Service with a smile, good location for the east side of town, reasonable price, comfortable rooms, and a nice work out center. There are lots of hotels in this area but this one is a nice midrange option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cortney O, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thanks, ksiddel!
I really appreciate the time you took to post this review. From your title it appears you are one of our frequent guests, so thanks again for choosing to stay with us. As I'm sure you know, we are very proud of our fitness center and consider it to be one of the best (if not the best) hotel fitness center in Memphis. And It's great to hear we've been getting the other essentials right consistently enough that we see you again and again. We hope to see again you soon and look forward to greeting you with a smile then, too!
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel was just ok with nothing special on the positive side to comment about. Had a couple of small troubling items...I need an outlet near the bed...seems like a normal item but had to crawl under the bed to get to one...2nd item was the heater...we stayed here on 12/27 and it was cold outside. We could not get the temp to stay even at any temperature. It would get cold and when the heater came on it stayed on till the room was way too hot...this made sleeping not the best.
The staff was quite helpful and accomodating...
Breakfast has an extra charge of $9.95(I think that is the correct figure) so we passed on breakfast and ate elsewhere.
Overall you will find the hotel acceptable but will most likely not be very impressed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am used to four points and have stayed in several,but this one is awful. Our room and bathroom were dirty upon arrival, Along with a broken toilet. We like to work out and while in the gym a staff member let a woman in who was certainly on drugs with sunglasses on. She pretended to work out and we decided to leave the sketch scene. Today is Christmas morning. I have a do not disturb sign on the door, so instead of knocking I get a call from housekeeping Disturbing me by telephone and waking us up because she wants to leave. Do not waste your money on this junk hole. Trust me.. It's awful

• Stayed December 2012
Cortney O, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hi Beautyhairess,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than you had expected it to be. Our staff members are trained to provide safe and courteous service to all of our paying guests without discriminating based on their physical appearances. We are always looking for ways to better ourselves, so I assure you your feedback about your room and the housekeeping service will be put to good use. Our general manager and I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your stay in greater detail. At your convenience we can be contacted at the hotel. Thank you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pros:
- Within walking distance to shopping/food
- Modern, clean rooms
- Nice gym

Cons:
- Distance from airport

This is your basic airport hotel.  It's located near a shopping center, so you have several options for shopping and food within walking distance.  It has a nice gym for a small hotel.  Nothing fancy, but the room was clean and modern.  It's a pretty good shuttle ride from the airport, so if you want to be closer you might want to look at other options.  Overall, it met expectations and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No club floor, I believe all rooms are the same