“Another Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5877 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38119 (Formerly Park Place Hotel Memphis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #40 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Creede, Colorado
“Another Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Service with a smile, good location for the east side of town, reasonable price, comfortable rooms, and a nice work out center. There are lots of hotels in this area but this one is a nice midrange option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cortney O, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thanks, ksiddel!
I really appreciate the time you took to post this review. From your title it appears you are one of our frequent guests, so thanks again for choosing to stay with us. As I'm sure you know, we are very proud of our fitness center and consider it to be one of the best (if not the best) hotel fitness center in Memphis. And It's great to hear we've been getting the other essentials right consistently enough that we see you again and again. We hope to see again you soon and look forward to greeting you with a smile then, too!

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel was just ok with nothing special on the positive side to comment about. Had a couple of small troubling items...I need an outlet near the bed...seems like a normal item but had to crawl under the bed to get to one...2nd item was the heater...we stayed here on 12/27 and it was cold outside. We could not get the temp to stay even at any temperature. It would get cold and when the heater came on it stayed on till the room was way too hot...this made sleeping not the best.
The staff was quite helpful and accomodating...
Breakfast has an extra charge of $9.95(I think that is the correct figure) so we passed on breakfast and ate elsewhere.
Overall you will find the hotel acceptable but will most likely not be very impressed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I am used to four points and have stayed in several,but this one is awful. Our room and bathroom were dirty upon arrival, Along with a broken toilet. We like to work out and while in the gym a staff member let a woman in who was certainly on drugs with sunglasses on. She pretended to work out and we decided to leave the sketch scene. Today is Christmas morning. I have a do not disturb sign on the door, so instead of knocking I get a call from housekeeping Disturbing me by telephone and waking us up because she wants to leave. Do not waste your money on this junk hole. Trust me.. It's awful

• Stayed December 2012
Cortney O, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hi Beautyhairess,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than you had expected it to be. Our staff members are trained to provide safe and courteous service to all of our paying guests without discriminating based on their physical appearances. We are always looking for ways to better ourselves, so I assure you your feedback about your room and the housekeeping service will be put to good use. Our general manager and I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your stay in greater detail. At your convenience we can be contacted at the hotel. Thank you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pros:
- Within walking distance to shopping/food
- Modern, clean rooms
- Nice gym

Cons:
- Distance from airport

This is your basic airport hotel.  It's located near a shopping center, so you have several options for shopping and food within walking distance.  It has a nice gym for a small hotel.  Nothing fancy, but the room was clean and modern.  It's a pretty good shuttle ride from the airport, so if you want to be closer you might want to look at other options.  Overall, it met expectations and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No club floor, I believe all rooms are the same
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks. Very nice for the category. Things I liked:

- Really nice staff. Very helpful and friendly;
- Shuttle service to local area and the airport;
- Great restaurant just outside the hotel (same site) – River Oaks;

What could have been better:
- Lighting in the room – very dim and dull;
- Hot water – I had temporary problems with hot water twice but it returned after a 10 minute wait. Frustrating as it was, not too big a deal over a 2 week stay.
Overall, I give it 5 stars due to the staff, including the manager. All their staff – Manager, shuttle drivers, reception were excellent. I almost feel their warmth was a lot nicer than what you might find at the more expensive Starwood hotels such as the St Regis, W, Westin etc. This was my first time at a Four points and I would definitely consider staying at one again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Chose to stay at this hotel on business trips to the area to build up my SPG points and status. Kept coming back because it is a pleasant hotel for short stays. I had been concerned about road noise interrupting sleep but that hasn't turned out to be an issue. The rooms are clean enough with modern furnishings. Most importantly, the free internet doesn't get overly bogged down in the evening.

They do have a hot breakfast in the lobby with options for a low carb start to your day. Nice place and a very nice staff.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi TonyO_ATL!
Guests like you who travel to the area regularly for business are our bread and butter, so the fact that you have enjoyed our hotel to come back again and again is a big deal to us! It’s especially great to get feedback from our frequent guests about the road noise or lack of it. I hope you are earning your way to the upper echelons of Starwood Preferred Guest status and racking up the points. I’m sure you will be happy to hear that our internet will be getting even faster soon, as we will be upgrading our bandwith. And you will have even more opportunity to increase your points during your stays with the Make a Green Choice program, which lets you earn an extra 250 points per night! Thanks again, Tony, for taking the time to write. We look forward to seeing you in January!
Franklin Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Used SPG Cash & Points to get a great rate.One of the very few hotels that lets you use such low points. Everything was just right! The room was huge!, clean , modern and quiet!! I had a king size and man did I feel like royal...lol. The free wi-fi was great, no issues with that! I highly recommend! If I am ever in that area again, I would absolutely stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lucea27, I am so glad you are so enthusiastic about your time with us, particularly as one of our Starwood Preferred Guests! It’s great you found everything to be “just right” because that is what Four Points strives to be. Cleanliness, quiet, and making as much as we can easy on you, right down to the free wi-fi, are very important to us. We work hard in the hopes that everyone who checks into our hotel has the same great experience you had. I’m sure it goes without saying that if you are ever in the area again, we would love to have you back! Thanks!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East? Share your experiences!