“Good airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East

You added Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5877 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38119 (Formerly Park Place Hotel Memphis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #47 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pros:
- Within walking distance to shopping/food
- Modern, clean rooms
- Nice gym

Cons:
- Distance from airport

This is your basic airport hotel.  It's located near a shopping center, so you have several options for shopping and food within walking distance.  It has a nice gym for a small hotel.  Nothing fancy, but the room was clean and modern.  It's a pretty good shuttle ride from the airport, so if you want to be closer you might want to look at other options.  Overall, it met expectations and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No club floor, I believe all rooms are the same
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks. Very nice for the category. Things I liked:

- Really nice staff. Very helpful and friendly;
- Shuttle service to local area and the airport;
- Great restaurant just outside the hotel (same site) – River Oaks;

What could have been better:
- Lighting in the room – very dim and dull;
- Hot water – I had temporary problems with hot water twice but it returned after a 10 minute wait. Frustrating as it was, not too big a deal over a 2 week stay.
Overall, I give it 5 stars due to the staff, including the manager. All their staff – Manager, shuttle drivers, reception were excellent. I almost feel their warmth was a lot nicer than what you might find at the more expensive Starwood hotels such as the St Regis, W, Westin etc. This was my first time at a Four points and I would definitely consider staying at one again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Chose to stay at this hotel on business trips to the area to build up my SPG points and status. Kept coming back because it is a pleasant hotel for short stays. I had been concerned about road noise interrupting sleep but that hasn't turned out to be an issue. The rooms are clean enough with modern furnishings. Most importantly, the free internet doesn't get overly bogged down in the evening.

They do have a hot breakfast in the lobby with options for a low carb start to your day. Nice place and a very nice staff.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cortney O, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hi TonyO_ATL!
Guests like you who travel to the area regularly for business are our bread and butter, so the fact that you have enjoyed our hotel to come back again and again is a big deal to us! It’s especially great to get feedback from our frequent guests about the road noise or lack of it. I hope you are earning your way to the upper echelons of Starwood Preferred Guest status and racking up the points. I’m sure you will be happy to hear that our internet will be getting even faster soon, as we will be upgrading our bandwith. And you will have even more opportunity to increase your points during your stays with the Make a Green Choice program, which lets you earn an extra 250 points per night! Thanks again, Tony, for taking the time to write. We look forward to seeing you in January!
Franklin Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Used SPG Cash & Points to get a great rate.One of the very few hotels that lets you use such low points. Everything was just right! The room was huge!, clean , modern and quiet!! I had a king size and man did I feel like royal...lol. The free wi-fi was great, no issues with that! I highly recommend! If I am ever in that area again, I would absolutely stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lucea27, I am so glad you are so enthusiastic about your time with us, particularly as one of our Starwood Preferred Guests! It’s great you found everything to be “just right” because that is what Four Points strives to be. Cleanliness, quiet, and making as much as we can easy on you, right down to the free wi-fi, are very important to us. We work hard in the hopes that everyone who checks into our hotel has the same great experience you had. I’m sure it goes without saying that if you are ever in the area again, we would love to have you back! Thanks!
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Entrance is clean with a modern look. Rooms are ship shape, little touches like free water in the fridge are nice. There's a nice restaurant in the parking lot. Otherwise you need a car to traverse to other locations. The hotel is surrounded by four lane highways.

• Stayed December 2012
Thanks, Vmo2OM! We’re all glad you appreciated the pride we take in our property and the energy we put into keeping it looking its best. The Free Stuff in the rooms and the in the lobby are another part of the Four Points experience that we hope will bring you back. We are also very proud to have the River Oaks as our dining partner as they do an excellent job with lunch, dinner, and in-room dining. And you’re right; we agree that travelling by car is the best way for guests to get around the Memphis area. Thanks again, Vmo2OM, for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We can’t wait to see you again!
Noble, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We got to the hotel and the lady that checked us in acted like we were an inconvenience to check us in. When we got to our room on the second floor we found out that the curtains would not close. They stopped with a 3 foot gap in the middle. When I took a shower there was no plastic curtain in the shower so water went all over the floor. Another bothersome thing was that when the man in the room next to ours used the rest room we heard all of his business. The final straw of annoyance is the fact that there are highways on two sides of the hotel so we were up late hearing the horns and screeching tires outside.

• Stayed December 2012
Cortney O, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
It seems as though our initial interaction with you turned you off and set you up to be disappointed throughout your stay. For this, I am truly sorry. All our associates are trained to understand that what happens when you first walk through our doors can be the most important part of the stay. It is hard to recover when the first impression we give is a poor one. Even though we encourage all our guests to let us know how things are going during their stays so that we can make them as comfortable as possible, I am sure you felt that interacting with our staff again would have been unpleasant or unfruitful.

Again, I am terribly sorry. I would like to take the time to address the other aspects of your stay, however. I won’t make excuses for your experience. But I would like to educate any potential guests who may read your post about what I think our staff could have resolved easily for you if we had established a better relationship during your check-in.

First, each of our showers features a single shower curtain. It is vinyl and is intended to remain inside the tub even though, for the purpose of presentation, it is positioned outside the tub when you arrive.

Next, the outside curtains on the windows are decorative, and, as they are floor length, do not close to allow room for the A/C unit. The interior curtains, the ones closest to the windows, are sheers and do close all the way. There is a third set of curtains between these two which are not always immediately visible because the outside curtains are so large. These are the blackout drapes, which also close completely and can be drawn with the attached pull bars.

Lastly, we appreciate that there are times when the neighboring environment can be louder than we’d like. In those cases, we are more than happy to assist any way we can, including relocating a guest to a room he or she might find more suitable if necessary.

I do apologize for the less than stellar experience and trouble. Requests for assistance with the items in your room, while not exactly common, are not out of the ordinary, either. It saddens me that, because of the start we got off to, we lost the opportunity to make your stay with us all it could have been.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

For 2 consecutive days I did not get hot water in the morning and the rooms were smoky and made my stay quite uncomfortable. I travel regularly to memphis and this incident made me switch hotels to a different brand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Bala_tk, I’m so sorry to hear about your experience with us! Hot water is so basic, and we really hate that anyone had to go without it for even a short time. I hope you did report this while you were with us, as we really do welcome and encourage feedback here at the hotel level. In many cases that feedback is the only thing that allows us to make corrections when inevitable problems arise. Earlier in November we had a new water heater installed at the hotel, and it did have an intermittently occurring defect. However it was only because of the feedback and patience of our guests that we were able track down the timing of the problem and provide the data our service provider needed to resolve it in a timely fashion. We are happy to report that we have had no trouble since then! We’d like to say thank you to all our guests who helped out by letting us know the specific times they were having trouble and stuck with us through the repair. We couldn’t have done it without you. (And believe me, we tried. Sitting a basement for three hours each morning watching an instrument panel is no fun!) Again, Bala, please accept our sincere apologies. I hope you will give us another try in the future, as we would love to have you back. Contact us directly should you decide you’d like to return, and we can be sure your room has been recently “ozoned.” This is a standard procedure we use to effectively eliminate residual smoke smell from previous guests who have violated our no smoking policy. But we will double check your room so you don't have the same poor experience twice. In any case, thanks for submitting your review, and happy travels!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East? Share your experiences!