“Take it from me, it's only a 3!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Aurora, Illinois
“Take it from me, it's only a 3!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

First of all, did you notice all of the Excellent reviews are from members with only one review? When I see that you only have one review and you are giving five stars to a hotel that only deserves 3 at the most, you lose credibility with me right away. This isn't a perfect system, so there will be businesses that try to cheat the system by giving fake reviews. I'm not saying that those reviews from Pastor Boyd, AngieAng18, and Walter P are fake, but they sure walk, talk and quack like ducks! I just checked out of this hotel two days ago and it surely doesn't resemble a Four Seasons to me. Yes, the staff is very nice, I will agree with those who pointed that out. However, a friendly staff doesn't make it a Four Seasons. I wonder if Pastor Boyd has ever stayed at the Four Seasons? First of all, you wouldn't find a Four Seasons in "Hickory Hood", Second of all, You won't find a dirty room at the Four Seasons. Last but not least, you won't find questionable characters traipsing in and out of the Four Seasons. To say that this hotel is a Five Star is like comparing a Chevy Cobalt to a Mercedes-Benz. I stayed here 3 nights over the New Years Day Weekend because I got a really good offer from Extended Stay. I needed a kitchen and a little bit of space for my kids. So, this worked just fine for me. However, when my wife showed up, she refused to stay more than one night. Overall, the value of this place is excellent if you can get a good discount, and the comfort is decent. However, I don't think it is going to last too long as an average rating because the area is slowly rapidly. Being from the Memphis area, I've seen changes over the last 30 years it would take a course in sociology to explain. Nevertheless, if you are accustomed to the Five Star Hotels such as Four Seasons or the Four Star Hotels such as Marriott, I highly do not recommend this hotel for you. However, if you currently frequenting Motel 6, Best Western or Laquinta Inn, this just might work for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Love this hotel very clean staff always smiling very helpful with the guest,makes sure that the guest are always happy with there stay its no place like being away from home but here it feels like you never left home nice staff,clean,comfy,and outstanding price very much worth spending money because at extended stay your not only comfortable but your in a safe environment too.......

• Stayed November 2012
mzubair, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Mt. Moriah, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This Hotel is worthy of honors all around. From the world class atmosphere, to the Leadership Team of Managers to all of the employees, and even those who are behind the scene give world class care to every guest by treating them as if they were a part of the family. For nearly three years I and my Sister have enjoyed being a resident of Extended Stay Memphis. The quality care of service, the blessings and the privilege of knowing a great Leadership Team such as Operations Manager Eric Jefferson, Hotel Manager Tina, and the entire Hotel Staff make coming to Extended Stay Memphis, like staying at a World Class Hotel like the Four Seasons a dream come true.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west, have best views for sunset's Call ahead for reservations.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
mzubair, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Mt. Moriah, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Everyone was friendly. Managers Eric and Tina. What customer service. Faye and MiMi . I wish I could take them home. Newer hotels are great but hospitality is priceless. When you go to a hotel and you hate to leave, that says alot about how you were treated. The employees were not stiff or rude, they smiled and answered every question. And plus the employees didn't act a fool when management went home. They were still sweet and caring. Yes the hotel is old but it's clean. I plan to come back in December for Christmas.

Room Tip: Stay middle ground not to close to the elevator or the stairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Republic, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband, our infant daughter, and I. decided to take a last minute road trip to Memphis and selected this hotel to stay the night at. When we arrived we were placed in a large room and were pleased with it. Whenever we went to ask about a crib, we were told that they didn't offer any. When we went back to our room and opened our fridge we discovered that it was turned off and there was water standing in front of it. We were moved to a different room that was half the size, had ridiculously firm beds, and smelled of smoke We found this room through Priceline. It was the cheapest room we could find. Wished we had asked about a crib before we ever booked it. It would have been worth an extra few bucks to have our daughter sleep that night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology for not been able to provide the crib, having issues with the fridge and bedding.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity. You will be happy to know since we have replaced all matteresses and at my hotel and Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I have truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I am enthused with the manager(Eric Jefferson) and his ENTIRE staff!! The hotel feels very homely and it is very, very clean! MiMi Jones is one of the front desk clerks and she is the epitome of helpful and nice. The hotel is so nice, it hardly ever has any rooms available. It is worth paying for to be comfortable. I am here alone and I have never felt safer! I recommend this hotel to anyone I care about and that means a lot!!

• Stayed May 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Mt. Moriah, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Memphis - Mt. Moriah. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011 via mobile

Had friends&family coming in for a birthday party. I googled a location close to my area that i lived by for everyone could be close. Didnt check the reviews, HUGE MISTAKE!! Customer service@this location suck!! The front desk clerk named Mimi was very rude!! She gave such attitude&even tried arguing wit me over. I even got the eyebrow frown from her. I feel if ur not goin to do your job&treat peoplr with respect go home because there are too many unemployed people that would love to have a job&do a good job at it, so if u want to be treated with disrespect at your expense, go see Mimi@Extendedstay!! She's guaranteed to give u a attitude&frown@ur own expense....

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Mt. Moriah? Share your experiences!