“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Haarlem, Nederland
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here while visiting Memphis with my wife and two kids. Nice staff and clean rooms. Great wifi (important for me and my oldest son) and very nice breakfast. Good start of my stay in the US this year!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights for a baseball tournament. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, although as one reviewer stated, the drawers on the tv cabinet wouldn't stay closed! The breakfast seemed like what you get in most hotels - donuts, cereal, fruit, waffles - the usual. The staff were all very nice and friendly. As for the area the hotel is located in, it seemed fine, I wasn't concerned about my safety while at the hotel, but like most cities you could drive a few blocks and be in a more rundown area, and I certainly wouldn't go walking on my own. There were a few restaurants close by and it was convenient to all of the places we were going to while in town. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Would not want to be near the stairs or elevators - very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Only in Memphis for 1 day, 2 nights so we didn't want to spend a lot of money. While I didn't expect the fanciest place I am disappointed in this property. The facility was clean but tired. Breakfast was a fiasco - too many people and not very much space. So, we went accorss the street to a restaurant for breakfast. The day we were in Memphis we left the room around 9:30 am and returned close to 5 pm. When we went up to the room, the bed was not made, the lights were all on and except for the clean hand towels and the sink in the bathroom, nothing was cleaned (we did not use the shower until after we returned). We found a note on our bed saying that they were short of washcloths and would return with them later. Also, when we walked in near 5 pm a tour bus was unloading people outside into the lobby and many of those people were told their rooms were not ready though it was after the 4 pm check-in time. There were a lot of unhappy people sitting out in that lobby. Don't know when they finally got into their rooms. Not what I consider Mariott standards regardless of the price or property. On the bright side, the staff at the front desk was very nice. That's the best thing I can say at this point.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is in a fairly sketchy part of town, but it seemed clean enough, the room was very average, and we were glad to get it on Memorial Day weekend. Apparently lots of visitors to Memphis that weekend . Who knew. The free internet worked well & we didn't stay for breakfast It was fine for a one night stop. Really.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel wants so bad to be nice and trendy. But it falls short. The decor is cute and the staff is amazing. The lobby is bright and welcoming! The rooms however are a bit tired. The decor is cute but.... The beds are in need of replacing, they sag quite a bit and are really soft. Makes for a sore back. It was mostly clean, but the AC unit was gross. First of all the grates were off and it was pretty dusty and dirty inside. It seemed to keep the room sorta cool, but it wasn't hot that day either. It was however, VERY loud!
The fitness center is useless. I was traveling with my boyfriend.... there is only one treadmill. Really Fairfield? You can do better than this. The room was the size of my closet at home. The room was CRAZY HOT!!! No ventilation, no fan, no AC. This is Memphis!!! Even when it is cool it is muggy. I really didn't want to skip a workout, but I probably should have. It was so hot it took hours to feel right again. I really appreciated the free weights and the bench, but another treadmill is needed and so is AC. The bike is not in good working order and the seat hurts. Also the adjuster on the seat is broken off. The area around the hotel is not a good one, so running outside is out of the question. We walked to the gas station for snacks and the cops pulled up and told us we should probably go back to our hotel. It wasn't even nighttime!
Breakfast is good, everything was fresh and replenished!! Good coffee too!!
I would stay here for one night only, like right before a flight or something like that. But longer than that, its not a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent 2 nites here in early May. The rooms were fine: good beds, easy chair and desk, free wifi, etc. The free breakfasts were adequate, but nothing special. The satff was very good - friendly and helpful. Convenient to freeway and airport, but the area is not the best. That being said, after spending 2 days in Memphis there may not be any "best" areas. I think the value was very good and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Racine, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is a good place to stay if you are using the Memphis Airport. The shuttle ride turned out to be a little longer than had been anticipated but certainly within in reason for an “airport hotel”. The driver was helpful and friendly.
The facility is well maintained. Check-in was quick and the staff was courteous.
Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a roopm near the elevator - traffic can be heard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Memphis I-240 & Perkins? Share your experiences!