“very friendly hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1070 Ridge Lake Blvd., Memphis, TN 38120 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Norman, Oklahoma
“very friendly hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Everyone was very nice and friendly, the employees and even the customers. I will highly recommended and visited it again if I stop by Memphis. Finally, I found a favorite hotel I can enjoy staying.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, September 10, 2010
Your kind words mean more than you can imagine. Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. We strive to give every guest a memorable visit, and we hope you will visit us again when you return to Memphis. It is our pleasure to have had you as our guest, and we hope you will continue to consider us as your home in West Tennessee. Thank you again! Bob Cox, General Manager

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

The night shift clerk Sabrina not only took the time to talk to me about must see attractions she emailed me a list me with name addresses and phone numbers of the places. I must say that we travel a lot and every employee at the hotel made us feel welcome. Our next weekend getaway will be to complete the list of must see places.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Grand Blanc, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

The Staybridge Suites off of Poplar Ave. would be an excellent choice for a sojourn to Memphis:That is, if you want a great location (just off of I240, 20 min. to Graceland, 25 min. to downtown) in an upscale area, a solidly built hotel that is nice and quiet, a spacious one bedroom suite, a workout area, and a hot breakfast included with the cost of the room! The other plus is that rush hour traffic kind of starts backing up right around the exit (15A), so you avoid most of it. Beware of the loony toon drivers though on 240. Many of them seem to be living out a NASCAR fantasy at your peril! I've paid alot more, and gotten a lot less than what you get at Staybridge...a great value!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us and that you chose to review us. If I can be of any assistance with a future visit please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

There are few good pet friendly hotels to be conveniently found that offer both excellent service for you and your trusted companion(s). This is one of them to be book marked for a return visit!! Room was exceptionally clean, smoke free, easy access and offered a continental breakfast with an evening social for guests.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, December 2, 2009
Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

This was my 1st time stay in an extended stay accomodation and while i write this review i am still staying here, its been 3 weeks i have been here and i dont feel i am away from my house, You have everything in Stay Bridge, Rooms are big and clean, you have a small kicthen which has evrything which you would need when u staying for long. Free Laundary...Oh my god i always thought I would have to pay for it.

Just when i am tired coming back from my work i know i dont have to worry about my dinner, Staybridge provides you with complimentaty drinks and food 3 times in a week. What else u want in the price that i am paying. I was not sure if I can get my family but rest assure coming Jan 10 I am coming back with my family. Hotel is doing good & is not very far from the main shopping areas so you can be rest assure you are been taken care of.......... :)

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Wendell, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

I was coming to town for what I thought was a "typical", boring trip with typical bad service but was I ever surprised by the service I received at the Staybridge Suites in Memphis. From the moment I walked in the front door and was greeted with a smile and "welcome to the Staybridge Suites Memphis!" I knew something was different. My check in was seemless, the room was big and comfortable and the managers reception with free beer, wine and food was unheard of. Just when I thought I was impressed, the full hot breakfast the next morning was also free with a wide range of choices like eggs, waffles, bacon, oatmeal (not in the package either!) and cereal.
This hotel will definitely be my ONLY choice when I come back in December! Thanks to the General Manager Jason (I think that was his name-sorry) and his entire staff for a great experience while I was away from home!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, November 7, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for staying with us! It was our pleasure to get to know you during your stay. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Memphis.

Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I have been at this hotel for almost four months while working in Memphis. The room I have is great; a small apartment type suite with a seperate bedroom and living area with kitchen. This has been good as I work in my hotel room during the day. I have been able to utilize the business offices and the front desk personnel have been very helpful with getting faxes sent and taking messages. The hotel is located in a quiet out of the way area just off the main road into the downtown area. There are great locations for walking, biking or jogging around the hotel. Great restaurants are located very close by.

The staff at the hotel -- front desk personnel, housekeeping and the food staff are personable, engaging and work very hard to make your stay as perfect as possible. They all are willing to go that extra mile to get you what you need.

If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay for a long or short term visit to the Memphis area, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East? Share your experiences!