“Right next to our favorite restaurant "Benihana"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1070 Ridge Lake Blvd., Memphis, TN 38120 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 135 hotels in Memphis
Franklin, Tennessee
“Right next to our favorite restaurant "Benihana"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Booked this through Priceline. Great staff and big rooms. We booked a 3 star, and this is really like a very nice 2 1/2 star. The only difference is that the beds are not as comfortable. There is a small kitchen, huge bathroom, and popcorn. The staff made us feel right at home. The parking is a pain, as we got in late and had to park in the rear of the building.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for writing this nice review of our hotel. I'm sorry you weren't as comfortable in our beds as you expected. We usually have excellent comments regarding their comfort. I understand each person has their own preference. I do hope you will come back to see us and enjoy our conveniently located Benihana's again. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My trip to Memphis was last minute and Staybridge was sold out. The sales person asked if I would like her to call me if something changed. I said "Yes" but really did not expect to hear back. Much to my surprise, I was contacted the next day that a room was available and they wanted to make sure I was taken care of. I stated "I did not expect to hear from the hotel concerning this trip, and thought I would just stay somewhere else this time". The sales agent said "we appreciate our regular travelers, and will always call if something opens up because we want you to stay with us every time" The hotel is warm and friendly, conveniently located to everything, and the attention to details from the staff is #1. That is why I will keep coming back, every time.

Room Tip: Courtyard side rooms are the best
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for coming back to see us. I'm pleased that we were able to get you in. We appreciate all of our returning guests and want to do whatever we can to ensure all our guests continue to come see us. Please join us again soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We pre-paid for this hotel, or we may have given up on finding it. It may be in one of the most awkward locations I've ever stayed. After several wrong turns, and then pure luck, we found the hotel only to find inadequate parking (had to park across the street at a restaurant). However, despite these issues, we were satisfied with the hotel. It was clean. Shopping was nearby, as were eating choices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for continuing your search for our hotel. Yes, it can be a bit challenging to find, but I'm glad you were persistent. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your stay once you got to us and we hope that you will come back to see us often. Thank you for taking your time to write your review of your experiences. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for just two nights and were sad to leave. All the staff members that we came across were delightful, particularly Lois, Damon and Ross, as well as maintenance man Tom and the chef whose name I didn't get. Would thoroughly recommend the Staybridge, particularly the 'socials': free beer?!!! Who could turn that one down?!

• Stayed August 2013
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
It's great to hear your thoughts about your stay with us. We are all glad that you chose our hotel for your visit and hope that you will return to see us often. Thank you for taking your time to write your review. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Ok, so it's not the most amazing place I've ever stayed but it was great value, clean and safe. The staff was awesome, kind, polite and helpful. We were given great advice re places to go and to eat and the one problem we had in our room was dealt with quickly and effectively. The room was clean and relatively spacious however there was a slight drain smell in the bathroom which I mentioned on checkout. The hotel was well equipped and the free laundry facilities were a real bonus to find midway through our 3 wk road trip. Great hotel, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Memphis. I'm happy your stay was pleasant with the exception of the drain. I'm sure, if you reported it upon check out that our maintenance department took care of it for the next guest. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I would like to follow up on it though, so if you wouldn't mind emailing me the room number that you were in, I would greatly appreciate it. My email address is sbsmemphis@generationcompanies.com. Thank you for being our guest and please come back to see us often. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Thank you to everyone at this Staybridge, who were friendly & exceptional at their jobs. Lois & Tony greeted us on our arrival. The breakfast staff kept the food coming, even with a crowd over the weekend. We had trouble with our dishwasher & someone almost immediately arrived to fix it. The room was clean & comfortable. We used the business center as well as laundry & all worked well. There are lots of restaurants close by. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
It was great having your family with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Memphis and will come stay with us again. Thank you for all the nice comments regarding your stay. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have just recently been and stayed here at Staybridge Suites and we could not fault the place, a special touch was the happy hour at night along with nibbles which turned out to be enough for us as a meal (well for Australian size meals). The staff in this complex were hospitable and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. Must admit the fridge and air condtioning unit were quite loud but did not stop us from sleeping. I would be recommending this place to stay whilst in Memphis.

Room Tip: Facing the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
It's always good to hear from our friends from "down under". I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to visit some of our great attractions here in Memphis. The next time you find your way back across the Pacific, please come back to see us. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Been to Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East? Share your experiences!