“Great decision to stay here.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East

You added Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1070 Ridge Lake Blvd., Memphis, TN 38120 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
sdff
“Great decision to stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean, comfortable place at a value price. No, it isnt the Ritz. The meals arent 5 star, but I paid not much more than you would have paid at a discount hotel in a crummy neighborhood. The rooms are spacious, clean, high showerheads (for the tall folks like me!), all the food you can eat and super friendly staff. I dont know what elae you can ask for. Anyone who has a complaint with it would have to just be impossible to please. I come to Memphis once a year and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the great review of your stay. You are correct that we aren't the Ritz, and we certainly don't attempt to compete with that awesome brand, but we do take great pride in the service and product that we can offer and we're always happy to hear that we have another satisfied guest. I really appreciate the kind words about our team and will be happy to pass your comments along to them. Please come back to see us whenever you are in Memphis again. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
sac delta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed two nights. Great staff checking in and out. Room was clean and comfortable. Great value and in a great location and did not have to worry about driving or walking around. Good for buissness stays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I'm so glad you chose our hotel for your recent business trip to Memphis. Thank you for the great review of our hotel and team. I hope you will come back and stay with us again whenever you're in our city. I know your time is valuable and I certainly want to thank you for taking the extra step in reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. Please come back soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The GM Bob and his sales manager Sherry went above and beyond to make sure our stay was fantastic! We were in town for a meeting and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Great food, great people and great location. We will deffinetly be back on my next trip to Memphis!!!

• Stayed May 2013
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of your stay. It was our pleasure to be your host for the meeting. We would love to have you come back again when you have time to enjoy some of the terrific attractions Memphis has to offer. I will certainly pass your comments along to Sherry and to the rest of our team. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Enterprise, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights over this past weekend to attend the Beale Street Music Festival. I can agree with most of the reviews here, in that the hotel is in a central location in Memphis to access all that it has to offer, the rooms are spacious, and the staff is friendly. When we checked in on Friday night, we were met by Damon, who was incredibly helpful and friendly as far as directing us where to park downtown for the festival, what to wear (and NOT wear!), and even wrote down detailed directions on how to get there and had them waiting for us when we came back downstairs from unloading. The next night, we met John in the snack room, who was equally as friendly and helpful! The suite was a generous size, and the kitchenette was stocked with the essentials. The bed was comfortable, and we even found an extra heavy blanket to use in the droor.

As far as negatives, we only had a couple of minor ones, that we chose to overlook, but am quite certain that the staff would have been completely helpful if we had wanted to change rooms/floors. The floor we stayed on (4th) had an...interesting...smell when we got off the elevator. We thought someone had cooked a meal, and that it was lingering, but it was there all three nights. There was a leak on the elevator, so it may have been a leak elsewhere on the floor that had begun to sour, as it had been raining quite a bit. We also had a small leak of some kind in our room, enough to make the floor by the window quite damp and musty feeling. But I have to re-emphasize that it was our choice not to move, as we had been coming in very late every night and just went straight to bed...I am quite sure that there would have been no problem in moving us-we just chose not too. We also did not receive cleaning service on the weeknight that we were there. We did sleep late and leave the room around noon, but thought it would have been nice to come back to a straightened room after the long weekend.

All in all, this is a nice size room for the value. No hotel is perfect, but a friendly staff and nice room easily makes up for the minor defects. I would recommend Staybridge Suites!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
It was great to have you as our guest for this year's Beale Street Music Festival. I know the weather wasn't very cooperative, but hopefully you were able to enjoy some great music down by the river. I apologize for the issues you brought to my attention and I will certainly look into them and get them corrected. If you wouldn't mind, I would love for you to contact me personally to let me know the suite you were in so that we can investigate the leak. I can be reached on my direct line at 901-322-6562 or feel free to email me at sbsmemphis@generationcompanies.com. I depend on our guests feedback to isolate any issues we have not uncovered and sincerely appreciate any and all suggestions for improvement. I hope to see you again for next year's Music Festival and would love to have you come back to see us before then. Thank you for your review of your stay. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Although not at all centrally located, this hotel offered a clean and quiet room. Around dinner time there was complimentary beer and wine, plus a buffet that was sufficiently ample that we altered our plans to go out to dinner and rested content with the various free offerings on hand. In addition, a full array of good breakfast options was included in the room price, so the only dining we did in Memphis was at the Staybridge, and cost us nothing. This place was great for a short stopover; the location would be less optimal for those wanting to explore the downtown area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your short visit to Memphis. I am certainly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are a bit off the beaten path, but are only less than 20 minutes from any of the major attractions in Memphis. I hope this wasn't too much inconvenience. Please keep us in mind for your next trip. We would love to see you again. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location 15-20 minutes from everywhere in Memphis - Downtown , Beale Street, Riverdrive , Airport, Sun Studios and Graceland.
The value is fantastic when compared to any famous brand Hotels .. surely half price or less!

The suite I chose is very big with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, dish washing machine and glasses, forks, knives, two complimentary coffee powder bag, and pop corn.

There are two different rooms in the suite a king size bedroom/bathroom and a separate with door spacious living room/kitchen
The staff is polite and very patient, there is a 24 hour office room to print your boarding passes or whatever needed .
The breakfast is fantastic- a hot all you can eat buffet ... but don´t be late because at 930 am they take all the food of the buffet.
They have a big free parking lot. The neighborhood is safe with plenty of malls and nice places to eat.
The free wifi internet provided is not fast but it´s a minor problem they surely will fix
One of the best places I stayed.
In Memphis or everywhere else I will always look for a Staybridge Suites

Room Tip: Ask for a suite .. with fridge, microwave and dish washing machine
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We really appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay in Memphis. It sounds like you were able to see most of the sites near us. We hope you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for all of the great compliments. I will be sure to share these with the team; it's always great for them to hear. I will be glad to look into the internet issue and try to get it resolved before your next visit. I look forward to having you as our guest again. Best Regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We spent a couple of day here and it was enjoyable. Staff was nice and check in was quick. Room was clean and in good shape. Everything about the place was great. Would have no problem staying here again or reccommending it to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I'm glad you chose our hotel for your stay in Memphis. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully, you were able to see some of the sights and attractions Memphis has to offer. I certainly appreciate your nice comments about our hotel and team and we would all love for you to come back to see us any time. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Been to Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East? Share your experiences!