“Quite a surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East

You added Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1070 Ridge Lake Blvd., Memphis, TN 38120 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arkansas
“Quite a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We flew in to Memphis in the middle of an ice storm and was looking for a place to stay a couple of nights until the roads cleared . We had 3 adults and got a 2 bed suite which was very roomy. It had pretty much a full kitchen with basic supplies. I had stayed here on weekends before but mid week they provide and evening social on tues, wed & thurs which is basically pretty good snacks and drinks. All of the employees were very very nice except for one in the food service area which I discussed with the manager and he seemed to take my issue seriously. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for giving us your review of your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate all comments from our guests. I'm happy we were able to help you and your family during the ice storm last week. They are always such a pleasant weather surprise for our area. I distinctly remember our converstation about the food and beverage department and I can assure you that we have taken the appropriate action. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I hope to see you back whenever life brings you back to Memphis. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This is my business home away from home in Memphis.

I travel to Memphis regularly and have found the Staybridge suites to be an excellent value.

The employees are very helpful and courteous and the hotel is very clean and comfortable.

I highly reccomend the Staybridge suites.

• Stayed January 2013
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I don't think we've ever been referred to as "SWEET", but I can certainly get used to that! Thank you for staying with us when you're in Memphis. It's great that you feel like we're your home away from home. That's exactly what we want our guests to feel. Please hurry back. We are excited about having you as a return guest. I really appreciate the nice comments, as does the entire team. It means so much to them to hear these great remarks. Thank you! We look forward to seeing you soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Pentwater, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great place to stay and MUCH cheaper than downtown. Easy to get downtown, to Graceland, to museums, etc. Very comfortable bed, nice bathroom, and a kitchen/dining/living room. While we were there, they served complimentary soda, beer, and wine as well as light food in the early evening (T-Th only, I think). Breakfast was good. The only drawback is that it is difficult to find, even with GPS. We called the desk and got directions when we knew we had gone past. The desk personnel are very nice and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It's great to hear that everything met your expectations while you were with us. I know we are a bit difficult to find for a first time traveler to the area, but am happy that our desk was able to help you with directions. Now that you know where we are I hope that we will see you often. Thank you again for all of the nice comments. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manger.
SW Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was a good choice for location in Memphis. We went up for the weekend to see the sights, especially Graceland decorated for Christmas. GPS was correct but getting there after dark was not easy. Hotel is right next door to a Japanese steak house so you might want to save one evening for them. The suite was very nice but the "French doors" between the living room and bed room had huge cracks that let a lot of light through. Not want I wanted to let my wife sleep late and me up early. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment but we are getting used to that. A "full hot breakfast" was advertised but on one day we had the preformed frozen/microwave omelets which do not count as a hot breakfast to us. All in all it was a very nice hotel but we would probably opt for someplace cheaper and PLAN to purchase breakfast out or pay a bit more and actually get a real breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. We appreciate all of the comments from our guests so that we know what we do well and where we can improve. I will look into the situation with the french doors. I believe I know what the problem is and perhaps we will be able to make some changes. The omelettes can seem somewhat prefab, but, this is what is directed by Intercontinental Hotels to be served. I will be happy to forward your comments along to them and see if they will consider an alternative. Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your comments. Please come visit us again. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Dont follow your GPS. We had to call twice to get directions. Front desk was really nice. The room was large and very clean. Good bed with nice sheets. Big bathroom. Great breakfast. Went to Buckley's for dinner, it was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are all very happy that you were pleased with your stay. Yes, we are a bit hard to locate, my GPS gets confused as well. I'm glad our front desk was able to help you in finding us. Now that you know where we are, we would love to have you back. Thank you for taking your time to write your review of our hotel and your stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Best place to stay in Memphis, hands down! When I am not required to stay downtown, this is the only place in Memphis I'll stay. The rooms are large and comfortable, the staff is very friendly, and the food is great!

Pros:
- Large, clean rooms
- Great food and drinks
- Location

Cons:
- My only complaint is that the chef will only pass out cookies to certain groups of people. It's petty, but my group was confused as to why we were left out.
- Wifi can be spotty at times.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
What a great review! Thank you for such nice comments about our hotel and your stay. I have to apologize for the cookies during the evening social. I will certainly look into this and correct whatever is happening with them. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. We look forward to having you come back to see us soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I couldn't come up with one negative comment about this hotel if I tried. My family and I
stayed here over the Christmas Holidays and have decided that this will be our new place
to stay when we come to visit family in Memphis. The room was very clean, the beds were
extremely comfortable , the bathroom was clean and had plenty of space and everyone
we encountered who worked there was friendly, helpful and gracious. (Damon was at the front
desk during part of our stay and was really friendly!) It is located in a nice part of town
and close to plenty of stores and restaurants. I'm hoping that all of our
future stays with this hotel will be as nice as this one was.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
What nice comments about your stay. We all sincerely appreciate the kind words and compliments. I will be happy to pass this along to all of our team. I hope you will join us whenever you are back in Memphis. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Been to Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East? Share your experiences!