Spent two weeks at the Staybridge while in Memphis for training. The hotel was wonderful! I'll start with housekeeping: I am VERY picky and thoroughly checked my room when I arrived. Everything looked clean. I was surprised (but appreciative) when I left a glass in the sink one morning while in a rush, and when I came back it was in the dishwasher! I ran into a couple housekeeping staff in the hallways throughout my stay, and each time they greeted me with a smile and asked if I was enjoying my stay. I did not catch their names but the genuine friendliness was across the board.
The front desk staff were wonderful too! Very personable and again, always ready to greet me with a warm smile. They gave me great advice about where to go around town and always followed-up with "how did it go?"
The hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. The shuttle drivers were so friendly too! My favorite, hands-down, was Eric. He juggled a large group of us with different interests and I never waited long. I'm also a horrible backseat driver but I felt safe with Eric. He drove well, recommended places to go to, and warned us about areas we would probably want to avoid.
Now the food. The Staybridge offers a free breakfast buffet, not just continental, everyday and happy hour Monday -Thursday. The breakfast offers a huge variety--bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, oatmeal, waffles and the list goes on! The happy hour offers free beer and wine and a small meal (I.e. sloppy joes, egg rolls, tacos...). The only thing better than the variety and the quality of the food is the man who makes it--Mr. LB! He is the nicest man and so accommodating. I was part of a large group who insisted on sitting together all the time. Mr. LB allowed us to move tables and chairs and never told us to turn the volume down despite the fact that we were very loud at times. He went as far as to bake cookies for our group...twice!!
If I had to sum up the Staybridge in a few words...clean, accommodating, and welcoming. As home-sick as I was feeling, the staff really made me feel better. I hope I have the opportunity to come back soon. Thank you Staybridge staff!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to East Memphis's finest all suite hotel! Our 100% smoke free Staybridge Suites takes pride in our great service and convenient location! Just a short drive from the airport, downtown Memphis, FedEx Forum, Beale Street, Graceland, University of Memphis, Rhodes College, Christian Brothers College and all Memphis attractions. We are conveniently situated off Poplar Avenue and I-240 in the heart of East Memphis business corridor. Our location provides easy access to all major highways including I-240, I-40 and I-55. Within minutes of the hotel you can enjoy a wide variety of restaurants, shopping and entertainment options. Our primary goal is to make you comfortable, and we start with 114 tastefully designed suites and guestrooms. Each suite is complete with a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, two telephones with two lines, pullout sofa sleeper and two televisions with cable. We offer wireless high-speed Internet access in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Start your day with our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast buffet and relax with our Tuesday-Thursday evening Social and enjoy a complimentary beer or glass of wine. Work off the stress of a busy day in our exercise room, seasonal outdoor swimming pool or hot tub. Your pet is welcome to join you for a nominal non-refundable fee. Business and airport shuttle service are provided free of charge, daily from 7AM-10PM. All this, plus earn points or miles with Priority Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East Hotel Memphis
- Memphis Staybridge Suites