“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   8635 US Highway 64, Memphis, TN 38133 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #40 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
lexington, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Don't let the dated exterior steer you away. The interior has been renovated and the staff is excellent. I travel throughout the Eastern and Central United States and have stayed in many hotels. The Madison Best Western by far has the most comfortable beds and the most caring staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
We thank you for letting others know about your experience that you had at our hotel. It is also very nice to see that you are a loyal guest of the Best Western brand. We all want to show our guests that they are staying with people who care !!

Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Caruthersville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We got a great deal on this room via Priceline's "name your price" option...2 nights for 50 bucks! Because of that, I really expected this room to be horrible but it was the exact opposite! The room was very, very small; however, it was clean and newly renovated with a really comfortable king bed. The front desk staff was really friendly, and the breakfast was really good. The location is amazing...right down the road from the mall and various restaurants. I would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much !!! It is great to see that you as our guest was so satisfied with the service and quality that you experienced at our hotel. Our goal is to make our guests feel like a part of our family, not like a customer that is just a job to please. Our caring staff is genuine to our guests and we are thankful for them being a part of our team. I am glade that you had a positive experience with the third party reservation's partner that you booked thru as well.

Thank you very much !!!!
Sharpe, Ky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Appears to be an slightly older hotel that someone has put a lot of money into. The exterior and lobby are vey nice. The rooms are somewhat smaller but fine. The staff was excellent! We will be back in the future and will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you it means allot that to us as a management team to continually be able read all of these great comments. We all appreciate our entire team for their hard work, loyalty, caring attitudes, and willing to help others such as our guests. We also know that our guests could not experience a stay as you have mentioned with out all of them. I would like o let you know that we do have larger room types available. We look forward to having you as our guests in your returning to the Memphis area.

Thanks you !!!
MARION
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here very much.. The staff was nice and friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. They have microwave and small refrigerator in the rooms. They also have continental breakfast, though we didnt take advantage of it.

Room Tip: Dont get near stairs or elevators. Stay away from heavy traffic areas.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughtful compliments. We appreciate them all and are happy to have guests like you stay with us. We hope to have you as our guest on your next trip thru or to Memphis.

Thank you once again !!
Athens, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was highly pleased with my 5 nite stay at this hotel at would recommend to anyone. I was here during a training workshop and everyday that I arrived back it was a pleasure to see the staff and the room was always welcoming and relaxing. If I go back to Memphis I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WOW !!! I would like to thank you on the behalf of our entire team. I do thank you for your recognition of housekeeping team as well as our front desk team. Your stay could not have been as enjoyable without their hard work and dedication for our guests satisfaction. It was truly a pleasure to read as well as respond to your GREAT review in which you have given our team.

Thank you !!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Except for one grouchy front desk clerk,not margaret the other lady,everything was great. Can't say enough about Margaret. She made our stay really pleasant. She is the model of how I would want my staff to be if I owned a hotel. Thank you Margaret for everything.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your compliment about the great guest service that you experienced. I would like to apologize for the attitude in which you encountered with the other team member. I will be sure to let Margaret know the nice things that you have said. When our guests give our team members compliments such as this one you can see the immediate happiness and this is the reason they strive to show our guests superior customer care. Once again we thank you and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !!!!
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Though I've certainly had many experiences that were much worse, I've also had many that were much better.

The staff was very friendly, the lobby was nicely decorated, and the overall appearance of the hotel was fine. Check-in was quick and easy, and the price I paid was more than reasonable.

On the down side, the room was VERY small, and though the room had been mostly updated, the bathroom was stale, the carpet dingy, and the tv had a very poor picture quality. The bed was comfortable enough, but the pillows were strangely small (about 2/3 or less the size of a normal pillow) and there was only a sheet, along with a very thin blanket, on the bed--no comforter, and no extra blanket in the closet.

Having stayed at several Best Westerns over the past few years, I was looking forward to the advertised hot breakfast. While they had a variety of both hot and cold options, the meat and eggs--what separates a "full hot breakfast" from the crappy continental breakfast most hotels offer--left much to be desired. I have had many experiences with "instant" eggs that hotels and similar places serve, but never in my life have I had "eggs" that had the spongy, gritty consistency of these. I pride myself on being able to eat nearly anything, but I couldn't bring myself to swallow a single bite, even after I put the eggs in my mouth. Ham (consisting of fatty pieces of pork mechanically pressed together) was served one morning, and sausage patties (swimming in 3/4 inch of grease) were served the second morning. Neither crossed my lips. For what it's worth, there was a waffle maker and a variety of cold foot options, but I chose to drive a little ways and enjoy breakfast elsewhere.

Overall, I really didn't have a terrible experience... just not a great one. I would CONSIDER staying here again, if the price was right and other options were significantly more expensive. At the same time, the hotel did not meet my expectations, regardless of the price I paid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for the great compliments on our front desk staff as well as our lobby. We do offer larger rooms types that have more space. I do apologize for any inconvenience that the room size may have caused also about your disappointment with the breakfast selections. Sense the time of your previous stay we have started preparing our eggs like you would at home minus the salt and pepper so that each guest can salt to their own taste. We are looking into doing more upgrades to our guest rooms. We do hope that you decide to be our guest again in the future. We would like to thank you for all of your feedback as well as your compliments.

If we can be of any further assistance please let us know.

Been to BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!