“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   8635 US Highway 64, Memphis, TN 38133 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #40 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Athens, United States
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was highly pleased with my 5 nite stay at this hotel at would recommend to anyone. I was here during a training workshop and everyday that I arrived back it was a pleasure to see the staff and the room was always welcoming and relaxing. If I go back to Memphis I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
WOW !!! I would like to thank you on the behalf of our entire team. I do thank you for your recognition of housekeeping team as well as our front desk team. Your stay could not have been as enjoyable without their hard work and dedication for our guests satisfaction. It was truly a pleasure to read as well as respond to your GREAT review in which you have given our team.

Thank you !!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Except for one grouchy front desk clerk,not margaret the other lady,everything was great. Can't say enough about Margaret. She made our stay really pleasant. She is the model of how I would want my staff to be if I owned a hotel. Thank you Margaret for everything.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your compliment about the great guest service that you experienced. I would like to apologize for the attitude in which you encountered with the other team member. I will be sure to let Margaret know the nice things that you have said. When our guests give our team members compliments such as this one you can see the immediate happiness and this is the reason they strive to show our guests superior customer care. Once again we thank you and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !!!!
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Though I've certainly had many experiences that were much worse, I've also had many that were much better.

The staff was very friendly, the lobby was nicely decorated, and the overall appearance of the hotel was fine. Check-in was quick and easy, and the price I paid was more than reasonable.

On the down side, the room was VERY small, and though the room had been mostly updated, the bathroom was stale, the carpet dingy, and the tv had a very poor picture quality. The bed was comfortable enough, but the pillows were strangely small (about 2/3 or less the size of a normal pillow) and there was only a sheet, along with a very thin blanket, on the bed--no comforter, and no extra blanket in the closet.

Having stayed at several Best Westerns over the past few years, I was looking forward to the advertised hot breakfast. While they had a variety of both hot and cold options, the meat and eggs--what separates a "full hot breakfast" from the crappy continental breakfast most hotels offer--left much to be desired. I have had many experiences with "instant" eggs that hotels and similar places serve, but never in my life have I had "eggs" that had the spongy, gritty consistency of these. I pride myself on being able to eat nearly anything, but I couldn't bring myself to swallow a single bite, even after I put the eggs in my mouth. Ham (consisting of fatty pieces of pork mechanically pressed together) was served one morning, and sausage patties (swimming in 3/4 inch of grease) were served the second morning. Neither crossed my lips. For what it's worth, there was a waffle maker and a variety of cold foot options, but I chose to drive a little ways and enjoy breakfast elsewhere.

Overall, I really didn't have a terrible experience... just not a great one. I would CONSIDER staying here again, if the price was right and other options were significantly more expensive. At the same time, the hotel did not meet my expectations, regardless of the price I paid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for the great compliments on our front desk staff as well as our lobby. We do offer larger rooms types that have more space. I do apologize for any inconvenience that the room size may have caused also about your disappointment with the breakfast selections. Sense the time of your previous stay we have started preparing our eggs like you would at home minus the salt and pepper so that each guest can salt to their own taste. We are looking into doing more upgrades to our guest rooms. We do hope that you decide to be our guest again in the future. We would like to thank you for all of your feedback as well as your compliments.

If we can be of any further assistance please let us know.
hastigs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

very gracious staff, very neat and clean hotel. will stay there again for sure. staff were very helpfull in matters of tourist attractions around the city of memphis. the zoo they recommended was awesome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
WOW !!! I will let the entire team know about his perfect score that you have given !! It truly is a pleasure to read and have a chance to respond to such a positive response. If we may be of assistance for future reservations our any other questions please contact us. Once again Thank You !!!

Thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !!!
From the entire team at the Best Western Galleria Inn & Suites Memphis, TN.
Tom Bean, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

sheets were stained when I pulled back the top coverlet carpet worn and dirty. bath was pretty clean. ants were all over the night stand when I picked up information packet off the table they scattered and was too tired to look further had long day on the road did see ants in the other bed other than the stains did not find ants in the bed I slept in only the stains which I am sure had been washed but still not very appealing. great tv absolutely wonderful breakfast hot and cold location hard to get to off the highway parking not very accommodating I probably will stay somewhere else if I return to that area

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
I do apologize... I would be more than happy to talk to you directly so that we can address the issues stated. I do apologize again .
Bulverde, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Clean, spacious room with all the expected amenities-iron, coffee maker, fridge & microwave. A bit of traffic noise and scratchy towels- but good value when breakfast is included at the $75 manager special rate.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you...I will be sure to let our housekeeping team about the compliment that you have given on the cleanliness of the Hotel. We all hope to see you again soon. Thanks !!
memphis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

freeway side rooms way noisier than the street side. We were able to get our rooms changed over to the street side. Breakfast the usual mediocre quality, poor quality of fruit (crappy red delicious apples), not enough fruit or yogurts. We spent 12 days visiting our family and they were often out of fruit and yogurt in the morning, They offered hard boiled eggs on day during that time. Room always felt damp, a/c provided damp air

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you may have had during your stay with us. I will ensure that we have ample supply of breakfast items so that this is not a issue in the future. I will also follow up on the AC to make sure that that is taken care of. I do thank you for letting us know these things so that we have the opportunity to address them. Thank you.

Been to BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!