“Smoke smell in room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   8635 US Highway 64, Memphis, TN 38133 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #38 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Nashville, Tennessee
“Smoke smell in room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Recently stayed at this property. Overall stay was good, but I am a non-smoker with asthma. My suite was spacious, but I had to purchase an air purifier at a local Wal-mart to help with the heavy smoke odor in the suite. While the whole property is now non-smoking, aparently I got a suite that had previously been a smoking suite. Even my clothes smelled like smoke from hanging in the closet over the three day period. I will try this location on my next monthly trip to Memphis and ask for a room that has always been non-smoking and see if that helps. If not, I will not be able to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask for a room that has never been a smoking room. Apparently the rooms ha...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback. I will get that room taken care of as soon as posible. We do look forward to having you as our guest again on your next trip to Memphis. If I can be of any further assitance to you in making reservations please do not hesitate to call. Thank You for chhosing to Stay With People Who Care !!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Nashville, Tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We needed to stay overnight in Memphis with our two children, ages two and 9 months. We requested a crib upon making our reservation. We arrived around 8pm on Saturday night and they had one employee working in the lobby. There was a line of cars outside waiting to check in and unload luggage. Took 20+ minutes to check in. Very annoying seeing as I needed to put my babies to bed! Then they just wheel out an unassembeled crib. So we are packing 2 kids, our bags, and trying to take this crib up to the 4th floor. I mean it would've taken An employee all of five minutes to have the crib all ready in our room. That would've made the difference to me. It really pissed me off. To the point that I'm writing this bad review and have contacted their customer service dept. I don't know if I will choose to stay at a best western again..

Breakfast "bar" was on the counter in the lobby..also unimpressive...

I will say the room was nice. It had a kitchenette and nice beds & pillows.

• Stayed February 2013
We would like to thank you for for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I would like to take this time to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay. I do apologize the other front desk clerk that was working that night got sick and had to go home. This is not how things happen I do apologize again for your trouble. It would be my pleasure to make it up to you all. Please call me directly so that we can assure your satisfactions. (901)372-0000 Thank you
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Good sized room with a single king bed, sofa, in-room refrigerator and microwave. One nice feature was a good sized table, large enough to spread out paperwork and get some work done. Another nice touch was a wireless remote control for the heat/air conditioning unit.

Decent sized flat panel TV, but it was bolted directly onto the wall without a swivel mount. Making it difficult to view anyplace but from the bed.

Breakfast buffet was the usual, muffin, cereal and make your own waffles with some freshly cooked scrambled eggs. Buffet setup was nice and clean and well attended. Lobby was well lighted with lots of tables that we used for some meetings.

Hotel is next to the interstate but fairly quiet in a safe area. Several restaurants within walking distance, lots more within a very short drive. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about our property. We do look forward to having you as our guest again soon. We do use all surveys to set goals etc. Once again thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through on our way home and just needed a clean comfortable place to sleep. This Best Western delivered. It's in a safe area of town, 100% non-smoking which I LOVE! Our room wasn't real big but very comfortable, clean and met our needs. The staff were friendly, the breakfast had enough variety that we were able to get plenty to eat. I'm a vegetarian so sometimes that can be a challenge. We called to make our reservation rather than booking online, and the rate we were given was less than on the website, SCORE! The hotel is Very close to the hwy. so easy on and off. The proximity did mean lots of traffic noise, but it didn't keep me awake. All in all, a great place to stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We certainly thank you for the GREAT feedback that you have given to us. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all hope to see you again soon. Once again thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !!
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We also stayed here for the Liberty Bowl and had a great experience. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and the entire establishment was clean and seemed to be mostly newly renovated. Our bathroom in our room was a little out of date, but we always had hot water and had no issues whatsoever, so as far as I'm concerned it was great. The area was also nice (lots of restaurants and shopping conveniences). We would totally stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We all would like to thank you for the Great responce that you have given about our hotel. I will let our team member know about it. We all take pride in what we do. It is our pleasure to have had you as our guests and we hope to see you again. Once again thank you.
Falkner, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

My check in was fabulous Miss. Mamie was very quick at getting me in and on my way, she did take the time to explain the hot breakfast that is served in the mornings, which I really enjoyed. My room
Was very clean and comfortable, I had a suite with a lot of room. The bed was very comfortable and got a very good night sleep. Teresa that was on the night shift, gave me great service also and answered all of my questions with a very friendly attitude, which is hard to find most of the time these days. Overall the staff and management was very helpful and friendly. I will be staying at this hotel whenever in this area. My checkout on Sunday was very quick and very friendly by a young lady named Gwyne. The Manager should be very proud of the service that Manie, Teresa, Gloria, Victoria, Gwyne, and others that I didn't get their names. Whenever in Memphis, Tennessee stay at this hotel you will not be sorry.

• Stayed January 2013
We at the Best Western Galleria Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your great comments. I will be sure to let all of them know about your comments, We do appreciate you taking the time to post your responce. Once again we thank you and look forward to having you as our guest again soon. We will see you on your next trip to Memphis.
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent four nights at this hotel as we were in Memphis for the Liberty Bowl. The hotel has been renovated and is quite nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. However, the traffic noise is considerable. But, it was tolerable if we kept the AC/heater fan running all night. On the day of the football game I think everyone in the hotel was trying to shower at the same time - both water pressure and hot water were nonexistent. Aren't hotels designed to handle this? I guess not. And one last thing ... the photo on the website is photoshopped. There isn't a big lawn - this hotel is RIGHT BESIDE the Interstate. The photo is missing the fence and road!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel OPPOSITE the Interstate.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
We all would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would also like to say thank you for the compliment about our front desk staff.I can assure you that we have had someone come out and check all of our water heaters. The picture was taken at an angle but I do apologize if it miss leading in anyway. Once again we thank you and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!